Michael Jordan

Both Lebron and Durant are more naturally skilled than Jordan was. Kobe is at least as skilled as Jordan. But even as the best player of his time, Jordan was fanatical about working on his game and he absolutely maximized the substantial talent he had...in all facets of the game. None of the those 3 have done that...at least not yet.

And as great as those others are, the one thing that still sets Jordan apart is his mental game. I don't know about before Jordan, but since there's not been another player who has matched the combination of ability, drive and determination he played with.

Last edited:
I'm not sure that Lebron is more skilled than MJ was. He is a more skilled passer. But as far as an offensive game goes, Lebron doesn't really have one. He just uses his size to bull his way into the lane.

I love when people play the age game with MJ and LBJ like it really matters. Jordan didn't get into the league until he was 21 years old compared to LeBron at 19. When they were both 27, MJ was only a 7 year vet compared to LBJ being in the league for 9 years. They are different players and I admire them both for the respective greatness, but until LBJ wins at least ONE championship there is NO COMPARISON between them.

thats fine. all i mean by it is if i had to pick two for my team id pick lebron and it wouldnt be a difficult decision.
And I would pick MJ. Agree to disagree. :)

Now, when picking the GM/exec (not coach) of a team --> MJ or Isiah Thomas? :eek:

it doesnt matter. the nba fixes all post seasons according to tchawk and they wont let either win as a gm.

Lebron, Durant, Kobe all can stay with MJ in the scoreing area, but what made MJ the best ever is he was also the best on the defense side of the ball. MJ was a D-POY and a 9 time
first team all-defense. All the talk about lebron being a great defensive player, but that is the one area of his game that is not ever close to Jordan.

Agreed, MJ is among the best defensive guards in history, MJ also was easily the most dominant player of his time. Due to the changing of time we can only compare how MJ fared against his competition and Lebron against his, and for this it is nowhere close. MJ is the greatest player of all-time, and just a natural winner.

Lebron might be as talented as Jordan was but if you could have either of them in their prime which one would you take?

I am taking Jordan without a doubt. If you needed someone to take over a game or a go to guy with the game on the line Jordan was the best. Jordan had a good supporting cast with Pippen over the years but James has Wade and Bosh. Put Jordan on that team in place of James and they would have beaten Dallas last year.

nope, lebron has a slight edge offensively but lebron is much more versatile on d. at age 27 mj hadnt even played in an nba finals.

He is much more versatile on D because he is 2 or 3 inches taller and a lot bigger. If Jordan was that size he could have guarded the 4 position as well. But Jordan could guard 3 positions. I don't see why Lebron should have an edge because of his size. Jordan is still the better defensive player. Gets more steals, blocks just as many shots and better on the ball defender. He is probably the second best defensive player ever next to Russell.

Lebron, Durant, Kobe all can stay with MJ in the scoreing area, but what made MJ the best ever is he was also the best on the defense side of the ball. MJ was a D-POY and a 9 time
first team all-defense. All the talk about lebron being a great defensive player, but that is the one area of his game that is not ever close to Jordan.

There is so much wrong in this post it is incredible. Lebron can not stay with MJ in scoring. MJ is a FAR superior scorer to Lebron. Defensively Lebron is at minimum MJ's equal. He is the best on-ball defender in the league. He held DRose to 6.3% shooting in the playoff series last year, and he can guard a 4 as well.

Latest posts