METH BOWINS

Maybe Kap will join her in the booth
He can be the color man

I too did not care for Mushburger
Always had a beef with the Hawks
I see what you did there.... That would be something but he isn't going into TV. He'd be put on the spot to answer direct tough questions. He'll never do that. He won't even do Dan Patrick Radio show type of interviews because of it. MTV might be the only place he can go in that realm. So unless he does that hawking shoes seems to be his greatest endeavor.

I knew this post was coming. She's gotta have dirt on some big media exec, there's no value in her commentary and it's not like she's anything special to look at.

And Michaels, Collinsworth, and Tafoya are actually worth listening to.
I like Colinsworth and Troy Aikman as color guys. Perspective is a funny thing. Because the fine line these guys have to walk is hwo their trying to explain and talk football too all different levels of folks. Some folks don't know what a first down is. And then there's us and everything inbetween. So to try and explain things and share their own personal stories and make it comprehendable can be tough.
Colinsworth told a story about how his kids (plural at different times) were roomates with Deshon Kizer in college the other night. So he was just wanting folks to know that hey he's human and he knows the kid and clearly likes him. He could have never said that and who'd have known as far as the national audience goes? I think that was a pretty stand up thing to do and yet he was critiquing him of his play and I can't say he was sugar coating anything about his play

Maybe Kap will join her in the booth
He can be the color man

I too did not care for Mushburger
Always had a beef with the Hawks

I liked Musburger especially when he was teamed with Parseghian. I thought they made a good combo.

Even in his later years I enjoyed Musburger when he was paired with Herbstreit. I never felt he had a beef with the Hawks. On the contrary I felt he always had good things to say.

Did this thread really get to 3 pages without anyone realizing the only reason Beth Mowins was doing a MNF game was because there were two MNF games? She's not a MNF broadcaster nor is she doing anymore MNF games this year. Its just like in past years when Chris Berman fumbled his way through awkward week 1 MNF games....they only need a 2nd crew for week 1.

Also, Booger McFarland was insufferable last night.

Is that a shot at me, or gay people? Or both?

That aside, put your goddamn glasses on and re-read the post.
You'll notice the word is "unInsightful." As in not insightful. As in does not have insight. I didn't change it, either; you can see it quoted numerous times above.

Come on Stuart, get with the friggin' program. It's the small things that count when you're trying to shitpost.

"He has so much potential but frequently loses his ass in the details," wrote HawkGold's 3rd grade schoolmarm on the report card...

Actually it wasnt a shot at gay people. I was referring to previous comments about your relationships. I see why you might think that.

I dont particularly like listening to her. At the same time she's done well.

I still think it was a shot at her appearance.

How about the analyst commentator for the UI vs ISU game who couldn't understand why we had a first down despite Hockenson's "elbow landing short". I wanted to pull my hair out

Did this thread really get to 3 pages without anyone realizing the only reason Beth Mowins was doing a MNF game was because there were two MNF games? She's not a MNF broadcaster nor is she doing anymore MNF games this year. Its just like in past years when Chris Berman fumbled his way through awkward week 1 MNF games....they only need a 2nd crew for week 1.

Also, Booger McFarland was insufferable last night.
MNF still sucks shit. NFL-wise, the only announcing team worth watching is on Sunday nights.

I can't stand watching the NFL anymore but unlike all the cranky old white hicks it isn't because of the "kneelers"

MNF still sucks shit. NFL-wise, the only announcing team worth watching is on Sunday nights.

I think Michels/Collinsworth and Nantz/Romo are 1a and 1b. They're both really really good. Romo might be the smartest football broadcaster I've ever seen. I say this as a Cowboy hater who never cared for Romo as a player.

FryIowa is 100% right on this one. I miss badass Hayden Fry mustaches, the Marlboro Man, tackle football, pull tabs, the Houston Oilers, real country music, big cars, illegal weed, cocaine, guns, the Big 8, the SWAC, Eric Dickerson’s gerry curl & REC Specs, vinyl records and most of the 70’s and 80’s.

Last edited:
I think Michels/Collinsworth and Nantz/Romo are 1a and 1b. They're both really really good. Romo might be the smartest football broadcaster I've ever seen. I say this as a Cowboy hater who never cared for Romo as a player.
Aikman and Gruden in my mind are probably the smartest announcers I've listened to, but since Joe Buck is the male version of Meth B. I don't tune into those games unless the Vikings are playing. Which is unfortunate because Aikman is good.

FryIowa is 100% right on this one. I miss badass Hayden Fry mustaches, the Marlboro Man, tackle football, pull tabs, the Houston Oilers, real country music, big cars, illegal weed, cocaine, guns, the Big 8, the SWAC, Eric Dickerson’s gerry curl, vinyl records and most of the 70’s and 80’s.
You mentioned Eric Dickerson and left out Rec Specs...come on man...

So is Beth Mowins married to someone high up in the industry. Because how can someone without talent merit that job. She is to sports announcing what Hillary was to politics.

golf-2571826__340.jpg
hose-2498377__340.jpg

She can probably get the golf ball through the garden hose, know what I'm sayin'?

I'm the last person to fall into political correctness. Hate all the victimization blame-game in society. But, while I don't think she's the best in the business by far, she isn't terrible. I'm also sure she must be pretty courageous because I'm sure she has to put up with a lot of sexist crap.

Latest posts