METH BOWINS

Maybe Kap will join her in the booth
He can be the color man

I too did not care for Mushburger
Always had a beef with the Hawks

Is no one going to mention the titanic elephant in the room? How MNF has gone from a once sacred institution undertaken by father and son and passed down with dignity by Cosell and Don Meredith to Gifford, Michaels, Madden and Dierdorf to the total disgrace and affront we have now that is Meth goddamn Bowins running the show?

How in the f*ck did we get to this place, fellas? At what point did the football world take such a gigantic shit that we have to listen to this uneducated, nasally, uninsightful wretch who gives us nothing pertaining to the game that we couldn’t glean from watching it on mute? There’s more dead audio space than talking during these broadcasts, and I can’t decide whether that’s good or bad. How are we with young kids supposed to give them what our old men gave us as kids?

Fall school nights sitting on the couch with the old man and uncle Gary in the 80s, myself with an A&W and them with a couple MGDs, listening to guys talk who knew fucking football and said things that made sense. Hurrying to school on Tuesday mornings to talk about the game and what Al and Frank said with your 6th grade buddies who did the same thing with their dads the night before. Every year getting a little more intelligent about it because that’s how it’s supposed to fuckin work growing up.

Are we really going to expect the next generation to continue the bonding over the game on Monday nights with this idiotic shit show they call commentary? Jesus H. Christmas, guys.

You certainly don't sound like a snowflake.....

Very entertaining post.....

:cool:

Just that I've got no taste for an announcer who seems to think he's bigger than the games he calls. Media diva if there ever was one.

Thats absurd if you ask me. Al Michaels is one of the best in the game.

Anything is better then Beth Mowins. Anything.

Last night I watched the Jets game 80% with the sound muted.

Last edited:
I think another thing that's missing from this thread is that the Jets and Lions are on the once sacred MNF. It's not the Joe Namath Jets or the Barry Sanders Lions it's the, um, well I don't know anybody that plays for either team, but I know they suck. What's next, my Browns against the Cyclones?

Is no one going to mention the titanic elephant in the room? How MNF has gone from a once sacred institution undertaken by father and son and passed down with dignity by Cosell and Don Meredith to Gifford, Michaels, Madden and Dierdorf to the total disgrace and affront we have now that is Meth goddamn Bowins running the show?

How in the f*ck did we get to this place, fellas? At what point did the football world take such a gigantic shit that we have to listen to this uneducated, nasally, uninsightful wretch who gives us nothing pertaining to the game that we couldn’t glean from watching it on mute? There’s more dead audio space than talking during these broadcasts, and I can’t decide whether that’s good or bad. How are we with young kids supposed to give them what our old men gave us as kids?

Fall school nights sitting on the couch with the old man and uncle Gary in the 80s, myself with an A&W and them with a couple MGDs, listening to guys talk who knew fucking football and said things that made sense. Hurrying to school on Tuesday mornings to talk about the game and what Al and Frank said with your 6th grade buddies who did the same thing with their dads the night before. Every year getting a little more intelligent about it because that’s how it’s supposed to fuckin work growing up.

Are we really going to expect the next generation to continue the bonding over the game on Monday nights with this idiotic shit show they call commentary? Jesus H. Christmas, guys.

This is exactly what I was thinking last night when I tuned into the Jets game last night.

How far have we butchered Monday night football.

Beth is a sign of the problem not the problem. We have passed peak football. The decline will be rapid. It will not go away.
14 roughing the passer calls on Sunday, some of which were plain old sacks. Apparently you cant even land on the qb with your weight anymore. The NFL is becoming unwatchable.

Thank god she is doing pro-football. Sounds like the nancies want to kill MNF with political correctness.

Her voice is irritating but Im sure she would be an upgrade to some of you.

Unsightful? Fry do you even like women?

WTDnnwE.gif

You know who the WORST EVER was?

Brent FKN Mussberger. What an insufferable douchebag. It was enjoyable, I suppose, on some level, to listen to Dan Fouts repeatedly correct the moron, as the old gunslinger could barely hide his contempt.

"Actually, Brent..."

He covered a couple Iowa games during my time in IC. Used to see him at Vito's, on occasion. There wasn't much room in the place for anyone else once his ego made it through the door.

Her voice is irritating but Im sure she would be an upgrade to some of you.

Unsightful? Fry do you even like women?
Is that a shot at me, or gay people? Or both?

That aside, put your goddamn glasses on and re-read the post.
You'll notice the word is "unInsightful." As in not insightful. As in does not have insight. I didn't change it, either; you can see it quoted numerous times above.

Come on Stuart, get with the friggin' program. It's the small things that count when you're trying to shitpost.

"He has so much potential but frequently loses his ass in the details," wrote HawkGold's 3rd grade schoolmarm on the report card...

Yeah she's just rough to listen to. I'd be curious to know how do they 'grade' their announcers? Do they poll folks all over? Just their family or what? I'd rather she be calling those games then Iowa ones anymore but I'm pretty surprised the powers that be at ESPN feel the same

Monday night football really doesn't matter any more. They don't seem to get the best games, either.

The NBC Sunday night games seem to get better matchups

So is Beth Mowins married to someone high up in the industry. Because how can someone without talent merit that job. She is to sports announcing what Hillary was to politics.

Latest posts