Meltdown thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official Iowa vs. ISU Game Thread

McCabe played his worst game as a Hawkeye tonight. Did virtually nothing out there.

Re: chokeyes

I hope fran pulls a gable. stop the bus 5 miles outside of iowa city and make them run the rest of the way home! you dont even deserve a ride tonite mikey! hope my grammar is ok with you on this one doclee

Was not a grammar error...it was a spelling problem for you. Hang in there. Its just one post.

In a month or so, you'll hear "who did they beat in the non-conference?"

Well.................................gave Abilene Christian a firm beatin. I guess.

Re: Worst officiated game I've ever seen

With 7 minutes to go in the game, Iowa had committed 21 fouls in 23 minutes of play.
Honestly, this was, by far, the worst officiated game I've seen all season.

BUT, with a minute to go, the Aaron White rebound that got poked away was huge.
The Marble FT miss.
Then, I thought, worst case scenario, was that Gasell would go 1-2 from the line and he went goose egg.
McCabe had a good look, but he was 0-6 that night, and I didn't trust him with a good look.

Marble is not NBA-ready. His FG% has to worse this season, his FT% is far worse.
At the beginning of the season, I was worried about next season not having Marble.
Now, I'm just as optimistic for next season with Aaron White coming back.

Re: Worst officiated game I've ever seen

You guys are nuts. The officials the last few years in college bball have been terrible period. Look at last year for ISU at Hilton or on the road. They had just as many bad calls for both teams tonight.

I just want to know what happened to Marble! Unless I'm just not remembering correctly I thought he shot at least 80% from the line last season. It was White who drove me crazy with missed free throws. Now it's Marble and Gessel. Whyyyyyyyyy???

Probably not eating enough steak.

Just like football....this series needs to end....let's schedule a KU, UK, NC or Duke instead

So then fran needs to recruit players that don't choke then.... this happened all the time last year. So one way or the other its on him to have them mentally tough when they need to be.

Of course I blame them also but when it happens all the time to me its something the coach isn't dealing with.

Clearly the blame fall equally on Fran, Kirk Ferentz, and Barack Obama.

You ppl that think this is on Fran are laughable. Jesus you are all a bunch of babies. It's football all over. You tell the kids you believe in them and to keep their heads up. You run the necessary drills to make them better. Make them walk home? Why? So next time they are at the line they have that in their heads instead of being relaxed. Regardless, the players choked and choked hard. They are kids, it's a game, deal with it and move on.

Gonna try to go to sleep now. Wonder if the sun will come up tomorrow.;)

You ppl that think this is on Fran are laughable. Jesus you are all a bunch of babies. It's football all over. You tell the kids you believe in them and to keep their heads up. You run the necessary drills to make them better. Make them walk home? Why? So next time they are at the line they have that in their heads instead of being relaxed. Regardless, the players choked and choked hard. They are kids, it's a game, deal with it and move on.

This is the only way I can stay sane, unfortunately. Just not giving a rip. Iowa basketball makes me want to tear my hair out, going back to last season. It gives you hope, makes you care, and than kicks you in the nads just when you are starting to feel good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts