Meltdown thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: chokeyes

Anybody who thinks this loss is on Fran or coaching is a ******* moron. He can't make free throws for his players. And quit overreacting. Jeebus Christ, it's one game. We'll be fine.

I wish I could believe this... but I saw the Villanova game... and this game and all the huge games we lost last year that dribbled our NCAA tourney chances down our leg.

Until I see differently I'm going to ******* react.

Now the players? ya they need to let it go and figure it out.

Me atm I don't trust these guys to step up when it matters - they fail again and again.

So it's just bad luck, then? Christ, Iowa must be the unluckiest team in NCAA basketball the last year and a half, then. I don't know what it is, but there is a clear pattern of Iowa blowing games.

It's not luck. It's called making a free throw. Simple concept.

Re: Worst officiated game I've ever seen

Give me a break. This crap coming from the same site that bashed ISU after they got screwed playing Texas and told them the refs weren't the problem.

Re: Lots of respect

Had Iowa made more FT, they win the game.....what is your point again???

I agree. For all the talk about ISU's free-throwing shooting, it was Iowa's FT shooting in that game that cost them. How many 1-and-1 front ends did Iowa miss tonight? How many FT's in the final 1:30?

So then fran needs to recruit players that don't choke then.... this happened all the time last year. So one way or the other its on him to have them mentally tough when they need to be.

Of course I blame them also but when it happens all the time to me its something the coach isn't dealing with.

The recruiting is fine, I will take Fran over your Mayor any day.

Re: Official Iowa vs. ISU Game Thread

Those boys have a Long bus ride back to Iowa City. I still think Iowa is playing a lot deeper into March than ISU. Basabe and McCabe had better man up. Both guys disappeared tonight. At least Marble and MG showed up.

Re: Lots of respect

Disagree. Had ISU made FTs, they win by 8+

Iowa played better most of the night. I'll take ISU the rest of the year though.

ISU shoots 69% from the line on the year. They were 64% tonight. A bad shooting FT team can't ***** because they didn't make all of their free throws.

It's the fact that Iowa is a good shooting FT team and then miss four in a row that drives fans nuts.

Just like the last two years, can't win close games. None of our clutch players (Marble, Gessel, McCabe, White) can make the basket/free throws with the game on the line. Plus, our second half effort doesn't measure up to the first half. Regardless, this is truly a talented, fun to watch team. Maybe some time this season, we will be able to win a close game against a ranked team. We will have a few chances in the B1G. If we don't beat somebody ranked, NIT here we go again ...

So much "experience" on this team and they still finish games like freshmen. Unreal. If they don't turn this ******* sh1t around quick, it's going to be a long BIG season.

It's a game. You will be okay.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
The%20Ultimate%20Warrior%202.gif

Those boys have a Long bus ride back to Iowa City. I still think Iowa is playing a lot deeper into March than ISU. Basabe and McCabe had better man up. Both guys disappeared tonight. At least Marble and MG showed up.

Whitey had a great game too.

Re: Worst officiated game I've ever seen

The refs weren't THE problem, they were a problem. Iowa lost the game because they missed 4 FT's in crunch time and Marble missed throughout. Iowa should have won, but didn't. Simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts