Megan Gustafson

Megan is the first Hawkeye to score 900 points in a season. 927 and counting. I posted earlier about Megan breaking the NCAA Tourney record with 13 field goals in a row. Previous record was 11 by 2 other players. Megan needs 3 to tie and 4 to break the B1G rebound record. I think she'll get it.

Last edited:
Megan is the first Hawkeye to score 900 points in a season. 927 and counting. I posted earlier about Megan breaking the NCAA Tourney record with 13 field goals in a row. Previous record was 11 by 2 other players. Megan needs 3 to tie and 4 to break the B1G rebound record. I think she'll get it.
2 things about Megan that really stick out besides the #s -

1. She just works hard for every bucket & every rebound.
2. She looks like she's having more fun than every other player on the court.

2 things about Megan that really stick out besides the #s -

1. She just works hard for every bucket & every rebound.
2. She looks like she's having more fun than every other player on the court.
You are correct on both accounts. Never takes any time off while on the court. Megan wants to do good not for herself but for her team. When she brought out the smile towards the end of the game yesterday that really helped the team to kind of relax and have confidence. It was like we got this!

The more the national media sees of her the more impressed they are. Of course we've known that for quite a while. She is just the best we'll see for a generation, although we can hope there's another one coming to Iowa soon.