Marv Cook "loved" the 3rd and 1 call

Marv Cook is many things: great guy, wonderful human being, and one of the greatest Hawks of all-time, but I wouldn't exactly call him "sharp," if you know what I'm getting at.

Yeah, his IC Regina teams are only 43-0 with 3 straight championships, I think..... I heard that somewhere.

I'll settle this...only former Hawks that agree with what you think are smart and the rest are dumb...it falls under the "sports writers, radio hosts and television analysts" umbrella of intelligence level...

Edit: Also let it be known that it's subject to change depending on day, time and topic.

I'll settle this...only former Hawks that agree with what you think are smart and the rest are dumb...it falls under the "sports writers, radio hosts and television analysts" umbrella of intelligence level...

Edit: Also let it be known that it's subject to change depending on day, time and topic.

what are u doing in this thread!?!?

jessica alba is in the game thread!

It was, he was open. still wish we would have ran the ball down there throats though.

This. If it works, Rudock and Powell are brilliant, and KF and GD go from "moron" to "can write name by themselves" status. It was a decent call/read by coaches and personnel. And if we had run and been stuffed, THAT would have been the dumbest call ever".

Umm.. He is the football coach at Iowa City Regina which has won state titles each of the last 3 years. So yeah he may be trying to get into coaching.

Yeah, because high school football coaches in Iowa just rake in the big bucks. Coaching high school sports and wanting to make a career out of coaching are two completely different things.

So Iowa high school football coaches make like $22,000/year?

journalism%20law%20career%20for%20law%20grad.jpg

So Iowa high school football coaches make like $22,000/year?

Aren't you clever?

The point is that coaching in Iowa is not a full time job. Most coaches have a real job and coach on the side. And most don't have ambitions of coaching at the college level (which is when it becomes a career).

But you must not understand that NI<U> had 9 guys in the box. They knew Iowa was gonna run it.
and if they stopped the 3rd down they would have put 9 in the box to stop 4th down (although, I don't think KF would have gone for the 1st on 4th down). And the bomb also attempts to spread out the defense.... Iowa doesn't have enough athletes on offense to win man-on-man matchups, let alone 6 - offensive line, fullback, and running back, vs 9 defenders who are zeroing in on the running back in the I... Figure it out, just once. Should the fullback run? Should the QB run?

Last edited:
I guess a lot of people loved it but the fact remains we had a dominant running game and we didn't give it a chance to win the game (in the 2nd half). We were wearing down our opponent but we didn't allow our advantage to materialize in the game. Do you think Nick Saban makes that call? I don't think so.

Saban would have made the same call and then had the balls to go for it on 4th down and demoralize the opponent by getting 10 yards.

Latest posts