Marty Tirrell....WTF????

I'm just amazed at how long he was able to keep doing stuff like this. And I suppose there is probably reason to doubt that this is the end of his shenanigans. He'll probably set up some sort of shell game at the half-way house.

tumblr_nryp1kUe9J1tpaku2o1_500.gif

What I can't get over is how fucking stupid people are. Like, can't-tie-my-shoes level stupid.

How do these idiot "investors" get tens of thousands of dollars to give to him in the first place if they're so dumb? I want to hear the conversation where this guy convinces a wealthy person he can buy tickets and sell them on StubHub to make money. The investors probably deserve to lose a little for not doing any homework. I don't get to sue my mutual funds if I lose my ass.
Having money is in no way a sign of intelligence.

And you would be able to sue your mutual fund if they committed fraud against you.

Maybe Troy forgot to come to IOWA! That is piss-poor business practice to bring someone from Dallas Cowboy to Iowa. Why not Sherman Dillard, he's a better dresser and probably know one or two things.
giphy.gif

You can be done if you want. but you don’t get to decide if I’m done.

You got a giant nerve struck in this thread. It would be pretty reasonable to assume you’re associated with one of these scams?

No. I sit on the board of a foundation that grants about $300k a year. By and large, the organizations we work with don't have people making tons (we ask for the top five highest-paid--if they are "national", we ask for both local and national five-highest).

But...if YOU were running a Red Cross. the YMCA, or a huge food bank would you do it for $50k a year? If so, you'd be nuts. The work some of those folks do is tedious, grinding and, of course, never-ending. They get a bad rap on social media and from the SJW crowd, That tends to coincide with the list of those who want "free (fill in the blank) for everyone!" and want to take down anyone who has ever made a dollar through hard work OR was fortunate enough to be born into wealth.

Yes, there ARE scam "charitable" organizations. They tend to be the exception, though, not the rule.

How can a local business afford to pay $80,000 to bring in a celebrity like Aikman to draw in customers to their place of business? Did they just have that much money to throw away?

How many vehicles would they need to sell, that they wouldn’t have sold otherwise, to justify that cost? I mean,that is the sort of expense that large companies take on, like sponsoring a NASCAR driver. That doesn’t seem to be the sort of thing some local car dealer would take on in a place like Iowa.

Ok. Impress me.
Start a VC make some shit ass investment real or fake. Get listed on Pitch Book. Trot yourself out there as a REAL VC. Have lawyers investigate all looks legit. If the VC has companies they've already signed to term sheets you could easliy get a few hundred thousand dollars out of people that look legit. Then you either don't invest in the companies you claim you are or you do at lower levels pocket the rest...ponzi scheme here we go. EASY. You must not be familiar with Bernie Madoff.

So I have several marty stories. His numbers still in my cell phone from days of being a football score call in guy. But here's my story that really kinda let me know the kinda guy I was dealing with. One time on his show he had a contest where one winner a day from Tuesday to Friday would come in on Saturday to Toyota of des moines and have a 1 in 4 chance to win a new car. One of those deals where we each get a key and then whose-ever key starts it gets the car. I "win" on like Wed. that week, so I talk with my wife, we basically change the whole set of plans we had for the weekend, part of which involved one of our kids birthday parties, and rearranged everything so I could go to Toyota of dm on Saturday to try and win this car.

At the time we were really struggling, both vehicles were breaking down, and we needed a new vehicle so bad. 1 in 4 chance, new car, you move your schedule around ya know. The four of us who won were supposed to be there at like 8-9 am I don't remember at T of DM. I get there about the same time as one of the other dudes. The other two guys come late. Long story shorter, we wait, wait, wait some more only to find out Toyota of DM had no idea what we were talking about, hadn't heard of such a giveaway from them, despite Marty pubbing it all week on his show, they had no idea. Marty never shows, he's in Boston with his sick mom, were there over 2 hours waiting for him to return one of their phone calls, and finally he answers from one of the ladies there, says oh I had this emergency with my mom, had to go to boston, i'll make it right on Monday.

I go home, pissed we wasted our weekend, and changed all these plans. I call in on Monday and essentially the poor guy there who answers the phone (it wasn't tc) had no idea what was going on. They end up saying they'll give us all a 20 dollars gift card to some random barbecue place that was a sponsor. I share with them how 20 dollars in free food is not the same as a 1 in 4 opportunity to win a new car, and that's basically the end of it.

That interaction kinda let me know he wasn't the nice charming guy he is when you go to one of the games iwth him on a party bus.

So I have several marty stories. His numbers still in my cell phone from days of being a football score call in guy. But here's my story that really kinda let me know the kinda guy I was dealing with. One time on his show he had a contest where one winner a day from Tuesday to Friday would come in on Saturday to Toyota of des moines and have a 1 in 4 chance to win a new car. One of those deals where we each get a key and then whose-ever key starts it gets the car. I "win" on like Wed. that week, so I talk with my wife, we basically change the whole set of plans we had for the weekend, part of which involved one of our kids birthday parties, and rearranged everything so I could go to Toyota of dm on Saturday to try and win this car.

At the time we were really struggling, both vehicles were breaking down, and we needed a new vehicle so bad. 1 in 4 chance, new car, you move your schedule around ya know. The four of us who won were supposed to be there at like 8-9 am I don't remember at T of DM. I get there about the same time as one of the other dudes. The other two guys come late. Long story shorter, we wait, wait, wait some more only to find out Toyota of DM had no idea what we were talking about, hadn't heard of such a giveaway from them, despite Marty pubbing it all week on his show, they had no idea. Marty never shows, he's in Boston with his sick mom, were there over 2 hours waiting for him to return one of their phone calls, and finally he answers from one of the ladies there, says oh I had this emergency with my mom, had to go to boston, i'll make it right on Monday.

I go home, pissed we wasted our weekend, and changed all these plans. I call in on Monday and essentially the poor guy there who answers the phone (it wasn't tc) had no idea what was going on. They end up saying they'll give us all a 20 dollars gift card to some random barbecue place that was a sponsor. I share with them how 20 dollars in free food is not the same as a 1 in 4 opportunity to win a new car, and that's basically the end of it.

That interaction kinda let me know he wasn't the nice charming guy he is when you go to one of the games iwth him on a party bus.

WTF?! So he was basically expecting Toyota of Des Moines to front somebody a car without talking to them? What tool.

Latest posts