Marty Tirrell....WTF????

Wow....this isn't some sort of small side hustle like a lot of the shit he's done in the past. This is a federal case....which means he's going to federal "pound him in the a$$" prison....

Yea, good luck digging out of this hole in his life at his age. Pretty much screwed till death.

You can argue nuances...but it's pretty widespread. Sure, there are some very well run charities and "non profits", but it's become a cottage industry that many take advantage of. A former "friend" of mine tried to start their own non-profit and everybody saw right through it. (knowing her "me, me, me" character was the first clue). Basically tried to create her own income leveraging a "cause". Pathetic.
There’s a lady in a town 40 miles east of me who did the same thing. I umpire with her brother-in-law (who doesn’t claim her).

Her daughter died of some rare condition, and she went from a loser dope-head with no car to buying a $250K house and driving a brand new Suburban. In her thirties and never had a job until her kid died and then she started the ****** *** ****. Her favorite phrase is telling everyone she comes across how it’s a “501-C, it’s a 501-C!”

Like how guilty people always go out of their way to tell everyone how not guilty they are.

The worst part is she uses her own dead kid to pull on people’s wallets. Maybe she justifies it by thinking her kid is somehow helping mommy make the big time now. Lol.

I know Deace credits Marty for getting him started in the biz back in the day and Jon says he was the best salesman he'd ever met....so while we may have not liked his schtick....sounds like Steve and Jon at least thought okay of him....

If Jon stated it that way, I could certainly read between the lines, though!

Last edited:
There’s a lady in a town 40 miles east of me who did the same thing. I umpire with her brother-in-law (who doesn’t claim her).

Her daughter died of some rare condition, and she went from a loser dope-head with no car to buying a $250K house and driving a brand new Suburban. In her thirties and never had a job until her kid died and then she started the ****** *** ****. Her favorite phrase is telling everyone she comes across how it’s a “501-C, it’s a 501-C!”

Like how guilty people always go out of their way to tell everyone how not guilty they are.

The worst part is she uses her own dead kid to pull on people’s wallets. Maybe she justifies it by thinking her kid is somehow helping mommy make the big time now. Lol.

Wow. No shit! That's sickening, dude!

And by the way, if you believe that...

I got a smokin lead on some NCAA tickets in Des Moines. If you’re able to spot me $15K my guy says I’ll easily come out double that if I dump ‘em two weeks prior. I can go $5K on top of your original 15 (best I can do). If you want in lemme know. I have a couple other guys interested if you don’t want in but I told ‘em you get first crack at it. It’s totally above board of course. No downside.

Dude you and my buddy should go into business together. He's a Nigerian Prince

Boy, this guy is a total loser. Here's an article with specifics and talks about numerous other scams he's done over the years. The guy was a complete scam artist. It wasn't like he had this idea about brokering tickets and he got behind on his investors and it just came of the rails. The guy completely knew what he was doing and it was all planned. Fucking creep.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/2019/02/14/marty-tirrell-radio-host-scam/2868089002/

Here are some other very specific information about lawsuits and money involved. The guy got to a certain point where he just went "all in". I don't know how it took so long to catch up with him. Explains why he bounced around different stations, HE WOULDN'T PAY THEM. The guy is a complete creep and loser.

http://www.dmcityview.com/civic-ski...ikes-some-millionaires-if-theyre-republicans/

Last edited:
Wow. No shit! That's sickening, dude!
Yeah it’s a huge deal now. She was big into the biker scene and now they organize all kinds of poker runs, biker rallies, adult proms, all kinds of shit. Their scam is collecting money and giving some to families with problems, and though I don’t doubt they give money to people, she sure as hell got loaded somehow all of a sudden.

My sniff test for these low lives is if they get a way better lifestyle by running a “charity” than they had before, especially with no other job, they’re scumbags.

I used to run charity 5Ks and stuff like that until I got too jaded. Pay $35 for a T shirt and a number tag, and then I’d see there were like 315 or whatever entrants. Then you read somewhere afterwards, “We were able to collect $800 for Cancer Haters of America!!!” I’d much happier run a 5K where the organizers put on a damn good race cause they wanted to make a few bucks and were honest about it.

Did I really read that a radio station was charging $30-40k per month for a 2-3 hour daily show,

If so, might be why Tirrel thought he could do shakedowns too.

I know Deace credits Marty for getting him started in the biz back in the day and Jon says he was the best salesman he'd ever met....so while we may have not liked his schtick....sounds like Steve and Jon at least thought okay of him....

Are you sure that was Marty Deace credits? I have never heard that, he always talks about the program director, not Marty I thought.

What I can't get over is how fucking stupid people are. Like, can't-tie-my-shoes level stupid.

How do these idiot "investors" get tens of thousands of dollars to give to him in the first place if they're so dumb? I want to hear the conversation where this guy convinces a wealthy person he can buy tickets and sell them on StubHub to make money. The investors probably deserve to lose a little for not doing any homework. I don't get to sue my mutual funds if I lose my ass.
Sounds easy doesn't it....you obviously have never been in the serious money raising game.

Boy, this guy is a total loser. Here's an article with specifics and talks about numerous other scams he's done over the years. The guy was a complete scam artist. It wasn't like he had this idea about brokering tickets and he got behind on his investors and it just came of the rails. The guy completely knew what he was doing and it was all planned. Fucking creep.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/2019/02/14/marty-tirrell-radio-host-scam/2868089002/
Dude has been around the DSM area quite awhile. Put yourself in any of those investors shoes... I'm sure they want to hang him by his toes. How many folks has he swindled over the years one way or the other? I wonder if he's married or not. I just couldn't have less respect for him or people like that. To intentionally go trying to screw people over is beyond a character flaw to me. Throw the book at him.

Are you sure that was Marty Deace credits? I have never heard that, he always talks about the program director, not Marty I thought.
Yeah, I’ve heard Deace give him credit. I don’t think he said “getting him started” though. I took it more of giving him encouragement to give it a shot and then some interviews on Marty and Miller.

I think both times I’ve heard Deace say that it was in the context of some negative news about Tirrell and Deace just kinda saying, “yeah, I know, buuuut, he helped me out.”

I have heard Jon Miller say Marty as the best salesman he’s ever seen. I never took that in an only positive light.

I haven't?

Maybe you're qualified to educate me?

I invest in everything, from stock to investment bonds to my savings acct. I invest in a couple of physical commodities as well. I don't know if it's "serious money game" but it sure is serious to me, cause it's my money. I researched EVERYTHING I invest in very thoroughly - That said, this fucking snake was a known commodity in the community, it's not THAT shocking to me that people trusted him.

Yeah, I’ve heard Deace give him credit. I don’t think he said “getting him started” though. I took it more of giving him encouragement to give it a shot and then some interviews on Marty and Miller.

I think both times I’ve heard Deace say that it was in the context of some negative news about Tirrell and Deace just kinda saying, “yeah, I know, buuuut, he helped me out.”

I have heard Jon Miller say Marty as the best salesman he’s ever seen. I never took that in an only positive light.

he says similar things about PJ Fleck and I don't think he means it as a compliment.

I invest in everything, from stock to investment bonds to my savings acct. I invest in a couple of physical commodities as well. I don't know it it's "serious money game" but it sure is serious to me, cause it's my money. I researched EVERYTHING I invest in very thoroughly - That said, this fucking snake was a known commodity in the community, it's not THAT shocking to me that people trusted him.
I guess to me it's not necessarily the guy we're talking about. It's the scam in general.

I'll go ahead and make the blanket statement that if you trust anyone who tells you they can resell tickets and make enough money to pay you interest, you're a complete fucking idiot.

Our financial system is evolved to the point where specialized, "boutique" investing schemes only exist if they work number one, and number two there is always enough competition that it lowers your rate of return to whatever any other investment makes (assuming the same amount of risk). In other words, there's no vacuum anywhere that needs to be filled under our set of regulations.

In this case, if reselling tickets was a money-making proposition (on ticket price only) there would be other people or companies doing it and making bank, and they wouldn't have to go to some con artist to get in the game (StubHub and the similar companies don't count...they make money on brokerage fees, not betting that the price is going to go up before the event). The fact that people believed this guy and trusted that they would make a return makes them stupid enough to deserve to lose money. I completely agree he should go to prison because he definitely broke laws, but like I mentioned before...buyer beware and this is 100% on them for getting scammed.

Latest posts