Marty Tirrell....WTF????

This has been out there for a while and it couldn't be more fitting to shine a light on what a troll dirtbag this guy is and was. Not to mention he was clueless about sports. I'll never forget when he publicly went on his show and twitter to announce that Doug McDermott was forgoing his SR. year at Creighton. He basically told everyone that he knew the family well and he had insider info. That didn't go so well.

He would have been smarter to start a charity and pay himself a hefty salary like the vast majority of charities do.
giphy.gif

It was only a matter of time before it caught up to him.

He’s been a con man since before kxno dominated the DM sports market.

I’m amazed people throw their money at con men thinking it’s going to be different for them

Wow....this isn't some sort of small side hustle like a lot of the shit he's done in the past. This is a federal case....which means he's going to federal "pound him in the a$$" prison....

Back when I lived in the DSM area in the early 2000s I used to listen to him and Ken Miller. Along with Jon and Deace of course. But man that dude always rubbed me as being a slimy snake of a dirt bag. Only thing I find surprising about this is how long it took to pin him on it or something else. Hope he had fun the last 15 years or so because the jig is up and he's finally toast. I'd love to hear what Jon & Deaces takes are on the guy. I highly doubt they enjoyed his company too much...

It was only a matter of time before it caught up to him.

He’s been a con man since before kxno dominated the DM sports market.

I’m amazed people throw their money at con men thinking it’s going to be different for them
What I can't get over is how fucking stupid people are. Like, can't-tie-my-shoes level stupid.

How do these idiot "investors" get tens of thousands of dollars to give to him in the first place if they're so dumb? I want to hear the conversation where this guy convinces a wealthy person he can buy tickets and sell them on StubHub to make money. The investors probably deserve to lose a little for not doing any homework. I don't get to sue my mutual funds if I lose my ass.

Back when I lived in the DSM area in the early 2000s I used to listen to him and Ken Miller. Along with Jon and Deace of course. But man that dude always rubbed me as being a slimy snake of a dirt bag. Only thing I find surprising about this is how long it took to pin him on it or something else. Hope he had fun the last 15 years or so because the jig is up and he's finally toast. I'd love to hear what Jon & Deaces takes are on the guy. I highly doubt they enjoyed his company too much...

I know Deace credits Marty for getting him started in the biz back in the day and Jon says he was the best salesman he'd ever met....so while we may have not liked his schtick....sounds like Steve and Jon at least thought okay of him....

As much as that guy likes to talk, he's going to really annoy some of his fellow inmates with his chatter. It might not end well in the joint for him.

I have never even heard of this dude, but sounds like I should be glad I haven't. There was a story someone posted on Keith Murphy's facebook page about this dude that was just downright heartbreaking.

F this dude. Night night keep your butthole tight

Yes he is. "Vast majority" is an unbelievable overstatement. It ain't hard to find 990s on charities.

You can argue nuances...but it's pretty widespread. Sure, there are some very well run charities and "non profits", but it's become a cottage industry that many take advantage of. A former "friend" of mine tried to start their own non-profit and everybody saw right through it. (knowing her "me, me, me" character was the first clue). Basically tried to create her own income leveraging a "cause". Pathetic.

I know Deace credits Marty for getting him started in the biz back in the day and Jon says he was the best salesman he'd ever met....so while we may have not liked his schtick....sounds like Steve and Jon at least thought okay of him....
Interesting. Well he's certainly a salesman that's for sure. I think that's a huge part of what those radio guys do is sell adds and themselves and whatnot to have their shows.

Yes he is. "Vast majority" is an unbelievable overstatement. It ain't hard to find 990s on charities.
And by the way, if you believe that...

I got a smokin lead on some NCAA tickets in Des Moines. If you’re able to spot me $15K my guy says I’ll easily come out double that if I dump ‘em two weeks prior. I can go $5K on top of your original 15 (best I can do). If you want in lemme know. I have a couple other guys interested if you don’t want in but I told ‘em you get first crack at it. It’s totally above board of course. No downside.

Latest posts