Marcus Coker is Gone

I hope you're referring to the ISU fan cause if not you obviously didnt pay much attention this season. I'm surprised he's #7 on the board and maybe he's there because he basically supported the entire line despite not really having a great showing this season, and has great potential. I'm not saying he's not good, he is, but there were a lot of hiccups at LT this season.

Nope pretty much you and about 50 others.......

I have yet to hear anyone say to a certainty what precipitated Coker's suspension and ultimate decision to leave. There is speculation that it related to academic issues, but it is just that - speculation. Regardless of the reason, it is simply illogical to conclude that this decision by Mr. Coker should cause a purge of the football coaches. I have my armchair quarterback criticisms too, but this is an institution of higher learning first, and a football program second.

good point socalhawkeye198.....captain kirk makes 4m a year...so all of us who donate to his salary shouldnt have a explanation of why this **** is going on?...tired of the fukn secrets

good point socalhawkeye198.....captain kirk makes 4m a year...so all of us who donate to his salary shouldnt have a explanation of why this **** is going on?...tired of the fukn secrets
Kirk gets paid to coach football and put fans in the seats not to be a babysitter to a couple of college kids that don't get it. If he were paid 4 mil a year to babysit that would be to much. If you don't think he is worth the 4 mil a year look to the west next time your standing on the 50 at Kinnick.

As I understand it, Ferentz's salary comes out of athletic department revenues, but that is neither here nor there.

This doesn't have anything to do with Ferentz's salary, or whether the University and the boosters are getting enough bang for their buck with Ferentz, or whether you're "tired" of anything. It has everything to do with the fact that this is an academic institution, and we have no right to know why a student athlete decides to leave unless that student athlete decides to publicize it. He's not telling, and the University can't tell.

If I make arrangements to come look at your personnel file at your job because I'm tired of not knowing what you're up to, am I entitled to it? So why are you entitled to know the details of why this 20 year old kid decides to leave school? Because by your logic, you and the other 2.5 million Iowa residents "donated" a buck and a half to Ferentz's salary.

You're thinking like a child. Stop it.

bingo....so you think its wierd that he runs off all the good running backs...maybe im missing something...and last i know all the college coaches dont get paid to babysit...but most dont have this kinda drama every year...

so youre saying fenentzs job is comparable to all the fans jobs?...hmmm..im talking about if youre donating, you should know why he is messing it up...that is why we have a right to know whats going on..HE IS THE HEAD FOOTBALL COACH..IN THE TOP FIVE FOR SALARY!...thats why we have a right..and when someone else takes that job they will be under the microscope also...

and i wonder if it woulda been one of his kids it may be diff...you dont think he didnt say anything to his pro buddies about DJK being a bad person?,,,and i see one of his kids has a good job as a pro coach already...give me a break..whatever ferentz says most folks swallow without a question

so youre saying fenentzs job is comparable to all the fans jobs?...hmmm..im talking about if youre donating, you should know why he is messing it up...that is why we have a right to know whats going on..HE IS THE HEAD FOOTBALL COACH..IN THE TOP FIVE FOR SALARY!...thats why we have a right..and when someone else takes that job they will be under the microscope also...

what is he messing up? these kids make their own decisions. failing multiple drug tests, sexual assault, not going to class, impregnating girlfriends, being in the car with a seller of drugs after being suspende - these are the decisions that led to the last bunch of running backs 'being run out' of iowa.

do you think iowa should encourage this behavior?

what specifically do you think Coach Ferentz is messing up in the above examples?

and i wonder if it woulda been one of his kids it may be diff...you dont think he didnt say anything to his pro buddies about DJK being a bad person?,,,and i see one of his kids has a good job as a pro coach already...give me a break..whatever ferentz says most folks swallow without a question

are you kidding about jdk and the NFL? I can name a bunch of nfl players who have a much worse rap sheet than djk.

it's all about talent there. heck, you've got ex cons playing in the nfl. djk didn't even go to jail.

step away from the ledge.

bingo....so you think its wierd that he runs off all the good running backs...maybe im missing something...and last i know all the college coaches dont get paid to babysit...but most dont have this kinda drama every year...

He's run off all the running backs? He didn't force Robinson to get busted with weed when he was on suspension. He didn't force Coker to do/be involved with whatever his issue is. He didn't force Wegher to be stupid. He didn't force Brinson to struggle with injuries.

The team may have some issues at the RB position, but it's not KF running them off the team.

And we don't have a right to know anything. Even if you're a donor. Expecting inside information as some sort of compensation for donating is contradictory to the term "donate". Hell, I'm a reporter; sure, I WANT to know everything that goes on. I may do all I can to find out what's going on. But I don't have a right to know.

What a joke! This staff has serious issues. I like KF but more and more I think it might be time for a change

If you think it is time for a change because of winning %, in game coaching, etc., I may not agree, but I respect that. But you and nobody else has any clue as to what KF involvement is in this.

Running Backs:
Brandon Wegher: Has proven that he really can't stay out of trouble even after he left UofI
Adam Robinson: Weed, attitude problems
Mcall: One could have a good argument that KF messed up here
Coker: Don't know KF involvment

Personally, I think KF should be held responsible for 1 of these departures at most.

sorry..not sure what ya want me to explain...folks are saying he is not paid to be a babysitter..so what is the difference of him or any other coach in div1?..they dont get paid to babysit either ...only difference is most make about a 1/4 of what he makes a year..if that...i know when other schools have problems most of the time they will explain to the doners of what is going on..

You do realize that KF wasn't the one who suspended Coker, right? He had an open invitation to come back.

In regards to DJK: I was always a huge DJK fan, and I still am. But if he's a guy who's routinely late to meetings, schedules classes that run over into practice time (as a 5th year senior), etc., I would expect Ferentz to say as much to NFL reps. It wouldn't pay for him to lie for DJK, because that hurts Ferentz's rep, and thereby hurts the prospects of future Iowa players being looked at. I don't think Ferentz was entirely truthful when he said nobody EVER contacted him about DJK. But telling the truth isn't the same as blackballing.

Latest posts