Marcus Coker is Gone

thats what im trying to say...DJK has pro talent but ferentz put a bad word out about him to his buddies in nfl...you cant tell me he never talked to any of his nfl friends about djk..

sorry..not sure what ya want me to explain...folks are saying he is not paid to be a babysitter..so what is the difference of him or any other coach in div1?..they dont get paid to babysit either ...only difference is most make about a 1/4 of what he makes a year..if that...i know when other schools have problems most of the time they will explain to the doners of what is going on..

Well Rhoads just got bumped to 2 mill and he is like 8 games below .500 in conference over the last 3 years. Sooooo I'd wager your most and a 1/4 coment is waaayyyyy out of line.

Just sayin'

time for change....either that or cut his pay by 3 mil a year...with the talent he has had he sure hasnt produced...sorry...have had enough of a coach that has no idea what clock management is or what to do with timeouts...its bs

thats what im trying to say...DJK has pro talent but ferentz put a bad word out about him to his buddies in nfl...you cant tell me he never talked to any of his nfl friends about djk..

DJK had fringe NFL talent. The kind of guy who could find a place provided he stayed out of trouble. He wasn't worth the trouble. If he'd had the mindset of an Ed Hinkel, he'd be in the NFL.

The problem here is you think Ferentz shouldn't have told the truth. He'd be doing a disservice to his future NFL-potential players if he'd lied to make DJK look better. You seem to think telling interested scouts the truth is the same as blackballing. That's not the case.

time for change....either that or cut his pay by 3 mil a year...with the talent he has had he sure hasnt produced...sorry...have had enough of a coach that has no idea what clock management is or what to do with timeouts...its bs

Did you watch the NC game and coach Miles?

DJK had fringe NFL talent. The kind of guy who could find a place provided he stayed out of trouble. He wasn't worth the trouble. If he'd had the mindset of an Ed Hinkel, he'd be in the NFL.

The problem here is you think Ferentz shouldn't have told the truth. He'd be doing a disservice to his future NFL-potential players if he'd lied to make DJK look better. You seem to think telling interested scouts the truth is the same as blackballing. That's not the case.

2 things....either they're smart enuff to know this and don't care about the Truth. Or they aren't and you wont be able to explain it to them anyway.

These baords are a breeding ground for irrational thinking. If these cats processed their whole life like this...yikes!

give me rhodes anyday...and i bleed black and gold..just fed up with it..rhodes has done so much more with what he has to work with than ferenzt...when was the last time ia has had a big upset?..when they almost beat minnesota?

Some of you guys are comical. Hey let's blame everyone at Iowa for players disciplinary problems except the players who make the mistakes.... Lol come on guys are you serious? Get a freaking grip.

Has Iowa had an unusual number of players leave the program? Yes, specially at the RB position.

Trust me I understand the frustration. However, the only ones making stupid mistakes are the players who screw it up. Ferentz didn't take the condom off of Weghers willy... He didn't pass the pipe to ARob, he didn't chop up a line for DJK, and he certainly didn't burn Cokers books and tell him not to study. Some of you are ridiculous.

So if someones kids steal, lie, commit crimes - hey then lets not blame the parents they didn't make them do it

I mean I understand your point to some extent, but its an overall generalization

Some of this falls on the coaching staff's head.

Not really - I haven't read anything about any other teams losing 5 running backs in 18 months.

Sorry but that is not "Standard"

Its because you haven't paid attention to ANYONE else......I'll bet Georgia has lost that many. And I'll also wager OU, USC, most SEC schools, Texas, Missouri etc, etc, etc.....have lost more total....anything else.

So if someones kids steal, lie, commit crimes - hey then lets not blame the parents they didn't make them do it

I mean I understand your point to some extent, but its an overall generalization

Some of this falls on the coaching staff's head.

The difference is that coaches are not parents. They have to try to instill discipline into their players, but for the sorts of things you list, that's on parents and the players themselves. If a guy hasn't learned that stealing and committing crimes isn't wrong by the time they hit a college campus, that's not on the coaches. They recruited the players, so THAT part is on them. But you won't change a player's character to a significant degree. By the time they hit 18, a liar is a liar, a thief is a thief, etc. A coach isn't going to be able to change that.

But, sometimes things come out of nowhere. Whatever Coker may or may not have done, he was seemingly the PERFECT recruit: good player, great person (smart, big into community service, etc.). He's one of the last guys you'd ever expect to get in trouble.

give me rhodes anyday...and i bleed black and gold..just fed up with it..rhodes has done so much more with what he has to work with than ferenzt...when was the last time ia has had a big upset?..when they almost beat minnesota?

Well that pretty much seals your opinion as irrelevant and very small in perspective. Anyone who can take being outscored by about 100 or so points in a 6-7 campaign just because they beat Okie St, pretty much makes themselves look like a child when it comes to relevant thinking. Iowa fans are mad because KF can't win enuff and keep his players out of trouble and you want Rhoads who "played" myriads of disciplinary issues this year and looks woefully unprepared in multiple beat downs. Thank goodness you don't make my decisions for me.

so i sound like a 12yr old crackhead huh?...i dont know any 12yr old crack heads but evidently you do...hangin around with 12olds are ya?..you need help sir...because i dont swallow all kf dishes out i guess im on drugs..like the rest of the running backs..

so i sound like a 12yr old crackhead huh?...i dont know any 12yr old crack heads but evidently you do...hangin around with 12olds are ya?..you need help sir...because i dont swallow all kf dishes out i guess im on drugs..like the rest of the running backs..

You come off like a crackhead with the intelligence of a 12-year old. Does that clarify things for you?

why would i make any decisions for you?..so you think ferentz had a better year than rhodes?...take your blinders off...who won between the two this year?..with less talent...they won with a qb that wasnt good enough to keep his job..need some new blood

Latest posts