Make Your Men's Basketball Prediction

I really believe this team is going to get to 15 wins...and may win a game in the Big Ten Tourney...

Best case scenario: 18 wins
Worst case scenario: 10 wins
Most likely scenario: 12-15 wins

I think 15 wins would be a good season based on last year and the fact that Iowa has a new coach implementing a new system in a very good B10 conference. Over 15 wins would be overachieving. Under 10 wins would be underachieving.

Best case scenario: 18 wins
Worst case scenario: 10 wins
Most likely scenario: 12-15 wins

I think 15 wins would be a good season based on last year and the fact that Iowa has a new coach implementing a new system in a very good B10 conference. Over 15 wins would be overachieving. Under 10 wins would be underachieving.

Agreed. The 18 wins that i came up with was't exactly going to far out on a limb with wins over Mich, IU, NW, Minny, UNI, ISU, Drake, Wisconsin and a injury plagued Xavier.

OOC: 8-5
Big Ten: 5-13
BTT: 0-1
OVERALL: 13-19

Anything better than this is great in my book and anything worse would not surprise me.

For those that say "we are better than team X", I ask how can we be better than any of those teams after being one of the worst programs in DI the last 3-4 years? We aren't better than any of the teams on our schedule, in fact, every one of those teams look at their schedule and have the game against us probably as a W for them. I don't see us beating UNI, Drake or ISU. They are all more talented than us...RIGHT NOW. We are probably only as talented as Seton Hall and don't overlook South Dakota State, they have several Iowa kids that went there instead of staying in-state because of the mess both ISU and Iowa were in, SDSU is a better program right now.

At first glance I see 5 wins most likely but could get as many as 12 IF we play near perfect basketball. Anything over 12 is COY type mastery by Fran and if we only get 5 wins I won't be surprised. Remember Indiana won only 6 games in Tom Crean's first season. Indiana has more history, talent, better facilities and more proven BCS level coach and were still only able to win 6 games in 08/09. So don't think it can't get worse in the W-L column. I don't care how many Ws we get, just want to see exciting basketball again and see the players enjoying themselves. Things will turn around but it could get worse before better.

I guess i don't really understand what you are saying, why dont you just W and L the season? So you think we will win 5 games?

I am going to throw out 15-15. This team will win a couple games it is not 'supposed' to win and lose a game or two it 'should' win. Iowa will beat Illinois, Purdue, and Wisconsin at some point (just a hunch). Unfortunately, I could see them dropping a game here and there against teams like Indiana, Penn State, etc...I get a feeling that by Big Ten Tournament time Iowa will be a predicted sleeper to make some noise and get to at least Saturday of the tourney by some 'experts'. Not saying they will, but nobody will want to play them in a tournament format by that time of the season.

Overall, I think the Iowa fan base is going to be very excited about the future by year's end. That to me is what I am most looking forward to. A return to national relevance and what Iowa basketball should be and has been before. It is going to be a fun ride. We just need to have patience and enjoy that ride!

For those that say "we are better than team X", I ask how can we be better than any of those teams after being one of the worst programs in DI the last 3-4 years? We aren't better than any of the teams on our schedule, in fact, every one of those teams look at their schedule and have the game against us probably as a W for them. I don't see us beating UNI, Drake or ISU. They are all more talented than us...RIGHT NOW. We are probably only as talented as Seton Hall and don't overlook South Dakota State, they have several Iowa kids that went there instead of staying in-state because of the mess both ISU and Iowa were in, SDSU is a better program right now.

At first glance I see 5 wins most likely but could get as many as 12 IF we play near perfect basketball. Anything over 12 is COY type mastery by Fran and if we only get 5 wins I won't be surprised. Remember Indiana won only 6 games in Tom Crean's first season. Indiana has more history, talent, better facilities and more proven BCS level coach and were still only able to win 6 games in 08/09. So don't think it can't get worse in the W-L column. I don't care how many Ws we get, just want to see exciting basketball again and see the players enjoying themselves. Things will turn around but it could get worse before better.

Please stop posting here and just go and cheer on another team, your act is getting really old about how bad Iowa is and they have no shot, you are really embarassing yourself.

Who cares what Indiana did in Tom Crean's first year, for Christ Sakes Lick won more than 6 in his first year and Fran will as well. With other post of yours I think you are a closet Indiana fan so jump on their bandwagon while there is still room because when Fran gets this thing going I don't want to see you around posting about what a great coach and team this is, you are a disgrace to the fanbase and most of all the basketball team.

Please stop posting here and just go and cheer on another team, your act is getting really old about how bad Iowa is and they have no shot, you are really embarassing yourself.

Who cares what Indiana did in Tom Crean's first year, for Christ Sakes Lick won more than 6 in his first year and Fran will as well. With other post of yours I think you are a closet Indiana fan so jump on their bandwagon while there is still room because when Fran gets this thing going I don't want to see you around posting about what a great coach and team this is, you are a disgrace to the fanbase and most of all the basketball team.

that is the only post of his I've read (I think), but can I ask how being a pessimist and not getting a tickle up the back of his leg over an exhibition game as many on here have makes him a bad fan?

His opinion may differ from yours, but I dont think that makes him any less of a fan.

Crean's first Indiana team had how many scholarship players? The only reason they won a game in the Big Ten is because of Lick. The current Iowa team would beat that team by 20.

I'm not claiming Iowa's going to a post season tourney, but 5 wins? That's insane. They'll exceed that by December 5, SDSU, UL-M, Xav, Wake, SIU and ID State should all be wins. They'll exceed last years win total, though not by a lot. I see 14-15 total. 5? That's just goofy. Admit it, you're just being contrarian to raise a fuss, aren't you?

I think we could beat alot of teams on our schedule. The "tough" games we have early on our schedule should be down historically speaking [Wake (12th in ACC), Xavier, ISU (12th in Big 12), UNI].

that is the only post of his I've read (I think), but can I ask how being a pessimist and not getting a tickle up the back of his leg over an exhibition game as many on here have makes him a bad fan?

His opinion may differ from yours, but I dont think that makes him any less of a fan.

It's not just this post but others he has, Iowa may not get a recruit (and they have missed out on a lot) but he starts in about how bad the program is (and it is) and why would anyone want to come to Iowa, which is a fair point, but we don't need to hear it every time someone goes to a different school, we get it already.

I don't expect Iowa to win 20 games or probably even 15, but it is what it is and he just needs to stop being so damn negative and support this team and give Fran some time to see what he can do. For all I know he might be or is related to Lick the way he comes off sometimes.

He isn't a fan because all he does is kick Iowa when they are down and shows no support at a time when this team needs it the most and not if but when Fran starts winning I don't want to see him posting about how good this team is.

I don't see how anyone could predict less wins than last year. I believe we will be much better than last year. I just don't know how many more wins that equals.

Latest posts