Make Your Men's Basketball Prediction

It's not just this post but others he has, Iowa may not get a recruit (and they have missed out on a lot) but he starts in about how bad the program is (and it is) and why would anyone want to come to Iowa, which is a fair point, but we don't need to hear it every time someone goes to a different school, we get it already.

I don't expect Iowa to win 20 games or probably even 15, but it is what it is and he just needs to stop being so damn negative and support this team and give Fran some time to see what he can do. For all I know he might be or is related to Lick the way he comes off sometimes.

He isn't a fan because all he does is kick Iowa when they are down and shows no support at a time when this team needs it the most and not if but when Fran starts winning I don't want to see him posting about how good this team is.

there is a kid on CF (KgCyclone I believe) who is a nephew of McDermott. He defended him until the end and continues to do it now. He attempts to belittle everything Hoiberg and the new staff are doing and surely will claim any future success as a result of the "foundation McD built". He;s the worst.

So I see where you're coming from, I just get tired of seeing (on every board) people call out fans within their own fanbase and telling them they "aren't real fans because..."

People on message boards are typically going to be your more radical fans who live and die with every win/loss. ya gotta take the good with the bad.

It's not just this post but others he has, Iowa may not get a recruit (and they have missed out on a lot) but he starts in about how bad the program is (and it is) and why would anyone want to come to Iowa, which is a fair point, but we don't need to hear it every time someone goes to a different school, we get it already.

I don't expect Iowa to win 20 games or probably even 15, but it is what it is and he just needs to stop being so damn negative and support this team and give Fran some time to see what he can do. For all I know he might be or is related to Lick the way he comes off sometimes.

He isn't a fan because all he does is kick Iowa when they are down and shows no support at a time when this team needs it the most and not if but when Fran starts winning I don't want to see him posting about how good this team is.

I'm sorry you don't think I'm a "real" fan just because I temper my expectations like NOT predicting a national title in football or a 20+ win season in bball because we scored 111 points vs a bad DII school in an exhibition game. But that doesn't make me a bad fan. I just have more realistic expectations. When we actually WIN a national title or have consistent 20 win season in bball then my expectations will improve but until Iowa actually proves that they can do that then why do you blast me for predictions that are more realistic given recent trends?? If having more modest expectations is being pessimistic then maybe you are overly optimistic and are one of the fans that criticize the coaching staff when Iowa doesn't win 10 games a year in football or make the NCAA tourney in basketball? That is more annoying and makes you as bad as Cornhusker fan!!

Realistically, I will say that the basketball team PROBABLY should win 12 games at least BUT my point was that I won't be upset or shocked if they only win 5-10 games. If they can get closer to .500 then that is fanastic. Just don't want fans getting frustrated if they are worse in the W/L column this season. Please remember this is the best, toughest most experienced conference in the country and Iowa is the youngest, least experienced, least talented, new coach in the conference. This season I don't care about W/Ls just excited to see this team play and the new faces!!

BTW, I've purchased tickets EVERY season since Tom Davis' era. And I live in southwest Iowa.

I'm sorry you don't think I'm a "real" fan just because I temper my expectations like NOT predicting a national title in football or a 20+ win season in bball because we scored 111 points vs a bad DII school in an exhibition game. But that doesn't make me a bad fan. I just have more realistic expectations. When we actually WIN a national title or have consistent 20 win season in bball then my expectations will improve but until Iowa actually proves that they can do that then why do you blast me for predictions that are more realistic given recent trends?? If having more modest expectations is being pessimistic then maybe you are overly optimistic and are one of the fans that criticize the coaching staff when Iowa doesn't win 10 games a year in football or make the NCAA tourney in basketball? That is more annoying and makes you as bad as Cornhusker fan!!

Realistically, I will say that the basketball team PROBABLY should win 12 games at least BUT my point was that I won't be upset or shocked if they only win 5-10 games. If they can get closer to .500 then that is fanastic. Just don't want fans getting frustrated if they are worse in the W/L column this season. Please remember this is the best, toughest most experienced conference in the country and Iowa is the youngest, least experienced, least talented, new coach in the conference. This season I don't care about W/Ls just excited to see this team play and the new faces!!

BTW, I've purchased tickets EVERY season since Tom Davis' era. And I live in southwest Iowa.

Fair enough, I just don't like the negative attitude about how much more talent teams have compared to Iowa. Do they have more, yes, does it always equate to wins, no, that is why the games aren't played on paper. And with what ISU is putting on the floor this year I don't think they have more talent then Iowa like you do, same goes for Drake, but that doesn't mean Iowa can't lose those games either.

I said Iowa would win 13 games this year, so I don't expect them to go to the NCAA tournament, I also said the football team would go 9-3 and got blasted for that, so I didn't expect them to win a National Title or play in the BCS Championshiop game either.

I'll put my season predictions out either tonight or tomorrow. I do think this Iowa team will be better in the OOC than last year, but will struggle in the Big Ten like last year's team.

This is maybe a bit optimistic but I've been drinking a bit of Fran's Black and Gold Koolaid today!!!

9-3 - Out of Conference

8-10 - In Conference

1-1 - Big Ten Tournament

0-1 - NIT Bid

18-15 - Overall

We were pretty close. I had Iowa beating Wisconsin, Michigan and IU at home. Was alot of thought put into the Wake game? It being a road game may be the deciding factor, but they havent looked good, and are picked to finish last in the ACC

15 over all wins including 1 in the BTT.
Average attendence increase of 2k per game...that is actual attendence not ticket sales.
71.5 ppg.

We were pretty close. I had Iowa beating Wisconsin, Michigan and IU at home. Was alot of thought put into the Wake game? It being a road game may be the deciding factor, but they havent looked good, and are picked to finish last in the ACC
Yes, it had everything to do with it. It will be Iowa's first true road game. Wake is really bad this year, though. Stetson isn't a perrenial basketball powerhouse by any means. Wake did fire their coach after 20 wins last season... so maybe it's karma. It will be a battle of two very young teams, if Iowa can get a lead and stay composed, they most def can win.

I remember not too long ago i would give anything just to finish above .500 and be invited to the NIT. That would be a huge step for this program, as sad as that sounds...

I'm gonna go with 17 wins this year.

I think we get off to a great start in the pre-season and get 8 or 9 wins in the pre-season.

I think we will beat Indiana, Northwestern, and even Minny this year. Fran's defensive of gameplan will make us competitive in the Big 10 this year. I look for 7-8 wins in Big Ten play this year! I think his ability to change up our defense and also the way we push the ball up court, I think we will surprise 1 or 2 of the top half teams in the big ten!

GO Hawks