Make Your Men's Basketball Prediction

I'm thinking anywhere from 12-14 wins.

Also....where are the Saturday games???? Only one definite home Saturday game and possibly one more.

Sun., Nov. 14 South Dakota State IOWA CITY 2:05 p.m. BTN WIN
Tues., Nov. 16 Louisiana-Monroe IOWA CITY TBD BTN.com WIN
Nov. 19 vs. Xavier St. Thomas 7:35 p.m. – - - LOSS
Nov. 20/21 vs. Alabama or Seton Hall St. Thomas 7:35/5:05 p.m. LOSS
Nov. 22 vs. Long Beach State; St. Peter’s;
Clemson or Old Dominion St. Thomas TBD TBD WIN
Fri., Nov. 26 SIU-Edwardsville IOWA CITY 5:35 p.m. BTN WIN
Tues., Nov. 30 at Wake Forest # Winston-Salem, NC 6:05 p.m. LOSS
Sat., Dec. 4 Idaho State IOWA CITY 12:35 p.m. BTN.com WIN
Tues., Dec. 7 Northern Iowa IOWA CITY 7:05 p.m. BTN LOSS
Fri., Dec. 10 Iowa State ^ IOWA CITY 7:35 p.m. BTN WIN
Sat., Dec. 18 at Drake Des Moines, IA 7:05 p.m. TBD WIN
Tues., Dec. 21 Louisiana Tech IOWA CITY TBD BTN.com WIN
Wed., Dec. 29 Illinois IOWA CITY 8:05 p.m. BTN LOSS
Tues., Jan. 4 Ohio State IOWA CITY 8:05 p.m. BTN LOSS
Sun., Jan. 9 at Purdue West Lafayette, IN 11:05 a.m. BTN LOSS
Wed., Jan. 12 Northwestern IOWA CITY 7:35 p.m. BTN WIN
Sun., Jan. 16 at Minnesota Minneapolis, MN 5:05/6:05 p.m. BTN LOSS
Wed., Jan. 19 at Ohio State Columbus, OH 5:35 p.m. BTN LOSS
Sun., Jan. 23 Indiana IOWA CITY 2:05 p.m. BTN WIN
Wed., Jan. 26 at Penn State University Park, PA 5:35 p.m. BTN LOSS
Sun., Jan. 30 at Michigan Ann Arbor, MI 3:05 p.m. BTN LOSS
Wed., Feb. 2 Michigan State IOWA CITY 7:35 p.m. BTN LOSS
Sat., Feb. 5 at Indiana Bloomington, IN 3:05 p.m. ESPN/ESPN2 LOSS
Wed., Feb. 9 Wisconsin IOWA CITY 7:35 p.m. BTN WIN
Sun. Feb. 13 Minnesota IOWA CITY 5:05 p.m. BTN LOSS
Thurs., Feb. 17 at Northwestern Evanston, IL 8:05 p.m. BTN LOSS
Sat.-Sun., Feb. 19-20 Michigan IOWA CITY 3:35/Noon BTN/CBS WIN
Sat-Sun., Feb. 26-27 at Illinois Champaign, IL TBD BTN/ESPN/CBS LOSS
Wed., March 2 at Michigan State East Lansing, MI 5:35 p.m. BTN LOSS
Sat.-Sun., March 5-6 Purdue IOWA CITY TBD TBD LOSS

Overall - 12-18
Big 10 - 4-14

I hope you are right but I had to adjust it for the reality of our situation...anything better and Fran is a COY candidate.

SDSU - W
LA-Monroe - W
Xavier - L
Alabama or Setaon Hall - L
Long Beach State (doesn’t Monson coach there now?) - W
Clemson or ODU - L
SIU-Edwardsville - W
@Wake Forest - L
Idaho State - W
Northern Iowa - L
Iowa State – L
@Drake - W
Louisiana Tech - W

Illinois – L
OSU - L
@Purdue – L
Northwestern - L
@ Minnesota - L
@ OSU – L
Indiana - W
@Penn State - W
@Michigan - L
Michigan State - L
@Indiana - L
Wisconsin - L
Minnesota - W
@Northwestern - L
Michigan - L
@Illinois – L
@Michigan State - L
Purdue - L

Noncon: 7-6
Conference: 3-15

I see 12 wins without too much of a stretch. Hoping for 15. I don't see us getting more than that, but you never know. I just don't know if this team can guard.

Plenty of camera time for Margaret McCaffery.

mccaffery.jpg

12-20.........Predicting another 20 loss season. I guess the buzzword nowadays in sports is 'culture'. What I am looking for is not W/L this season.....I'm looking for is McCaffrey's ability to change the 'culture' around the Iowa bball program.......I'm looking for hope.

I only see 10 realistic wins on the schedule. Hopefully the team adapts well to Coach McCaffery's system and they can pull off some upsets and improve on last season's record.

I see, hopefully, 14 to 16 wins. If we go 8-4 in nonconference we will settle for 14 wins. I am hoping we can go 9-2 in nonconference with the loses coming in the paradise tournament. This year we sweep the other Iowa teams. No...I'm not drinking, perhaps just a little delusional.;)

It is going to be a long year for Iowa basketball.

We are the bottom feeders of the Big Ten.

10 wins, tops.

I hope Coach Fran can bring some players to Iowa City.

This will be hard for some of you to believe, but the more I look at things, the better I feel.

I am starting to think that Basabe, Cartwright, and Marble will bring the kind of attitude and physical play that the team has been lacking. I also think that Cole will have turned the corner physically and be a more than adequate Big Ten front line player. I think it will take some time to get over some of the negative team attitudes and there may be some issues with a struggle over leadership. But, FM is a strong enough and personal enough coach not to let those problems persist.

I see Iowa losing a game in the early stages that will shock people. But then I see them making the necessary adjustments and those four players helping the others learn how to compete at the necessary level.

Still don't see a winning record because of youth, lack of front court depth, and the in-conference competition. But I see Iowa being able to throw some punches and take some better than immediate years past.

This will be hard for some of you to believe, but the more I look at things, the better I feel.

I am starting to think that Basabe, Cartwright, and Marble will bring the kind of attitude and physical play that the team has been lacking. I also think that Cole will have turned the corner physically and be a more than adequate Big Ten front line player. I think it will take some time to get over some of the negative team attitudes and there may be some issues with a struggle over leadership. But, FM is a strong enough and personal enough coach not to let those problems persist.

I see Iowa losing a game in the early stages that will shock people. But then I see them making the necessary adjustments and those four players helping the others learn how to compete at the necessary level.

Still don't see a winning record because of youth, lack of front court depth, and the in-conference competition. But I see Iowa being able to throw some punches and take some better than immediate years past.

I have been thinking the same thing myself CAAR. I just think that Fran's coaching is worth 2-4 wins this year. IE Lick was going to play Lick ball, execution by his players of his system determined a W/L. Fran won't do that, he will switch it up, and play a different defense, will press, will run the court, or play more 1/2 court depending on match ups, and what give his team the best chance to win. I really think this is worth a few wins this year. That is why I think we will win 12-15, rather than 10.

I also think we will see that both May and Payne are good players. I think they could have breakout years. Especially Payne who won't have to log 35 min a game bringing the ball up the court against man pressure all the time. May is athletic, and should thrive under Fran's system. I think all in all, it will be easy to see the progress with this team. That isn't to say that nights, or stretches of games when we struggle will be easy to watch, but at least I think we will see the progress.

Latest posts