Magic Bus Denied Permit

Man, we are going to run out of places to tailgate. I use to love going to the Magic Bus until Olive Court shut down. Cause it seemed like that created overcrowding at the Bus. Now where will the people from the Bus go?

First they came for the people throwing beer cans off the Fieldhouse parking garage
And I didn't speak up because I wasn't a can thrower

Then they came for the people with hard liquor
And I didn't speak up because I only drink Coors Light

Then they came for the people with kegs
And I didn't speak up because I drink from a can

Then they came for Game Day Ron
And I didn't speak up because I shave with Gilette gel

Then they came for the Magic Bus
And by that time no one was left to speak up

Long live the People's Republic of Iowa City.

Any bets on how long before they require all attendees to take a breathalizer?

Settledown powers that be... Life is short, so as long as they are not endangering anyone, let the people have some fun.

What a bummer, it's not like the Magic Bus was "dangerous". God forbid college kids act like college kids and have a great place to do so. The rugby players at least made some money off that little business venture, why not let them continue to do so?

What a bummer, it's not like the Magic Bus was "dangerous". God forbid college kids act like college kids and have a great place to do so. The rugby players at least made some money off that little business venture, why not let them continue to do so?

My big thing is that the ruby players did not make money off of the Magic Bus, all proceeds went to charity (or at least I believe that was the case, correct me if I am wrong). So while they maybe had the biggest tailgating party and it got pretty wild sometimes, at least it wasn't like a couple of people were getting rich off of others getting drunk.

My big thing is that the ruby players did not make money off of the Magic Bus, all proceeds went to charity (or at least I believe that was the case, correct me if I am wrong). So while they maybe had the biggest tailgating party and it got pretty wild sometimes, at least it wasn't like a couple of people were getting rich off of others getting drunk.
You're right. They purchased the beer and the rest went to charities, unlike the jackasses that charge outrageous prices to park in areas that aren't even close to the stadium.

This is crap and if they're going to neuter tailgating maybe Hawk fans should hit the University in the wallet and avoid the concession stands at all costs...I wouldn't want anyone to miss a game over it, but everyone can cut back their in-stadium purchases.

Saw this coming a mile away. There was no reason to have required a permit except they needed a way to 'legally' get rid of the bus.

Freakin' LAME!

Any guesses on what 'cause' the liberals go after next?

guess holds back on old creepers watching girls dance but hell i wanted to be one of those guys some day

And yet another step in the turning the great tailgating atmosphere at Iowa into just average. Only went once in the last couple of years but this was something that set our tailgating apart. Truly a sad day.

Wait, I have an idea, let's get the Magic Bus moved into University Heights. Surely they will open their arms to the Magic Bus, right?

Why did they need to get the permit? because they charge money?

Permitting laws are in effect to prevent "businesses" that don't grease the right hand or that upset nanny state thinkers from operating. Remember when Dolls got shut down out by the interstate? Through the clever use of zoning and permitting laws, IC has been able to keep the fine art of topless dancing out of town.

Latest posts