LSU v. Bama- Who's not watching

These are the two best teams in the country, the BCS did what it was supposed to do, that being said I do hate the system. The first game was such a let down so I am not as excited to watch as I normally would be. I also am a little tired of the SEC and their winning streak, but if nobody can stop them, they deserve it. I know that if the BIG10 had a streak of titles like that I would be ok with it.

I will watch some. But it starts way too late for me. No way I can stay awake long enough for all of it. Especially if it's another battle of the FG kickers.

I am one of those not watching as a form of protest.

The ONLY thing we have to seperate the teams is the conference alignments and conference champions. Taking two teams from the same conference proves nothing. A champion was decided from each conference on the field. We found out which team was the best from each conference.

The eyeball test is a joke and has been proven thousands of times. I don't understand how people can let the ESPN propaganda machine convince you that the SEC is absolutely untouchable. How on earth did the second best team in the Big 10 beat the second best team in the SEC in the earlier bowl? This shouldn't even be possible, should it?

Ratings will be fine and my vote won't matter, but if you ever want to see this system changed, don't watch this game. If you are fine with it, watch the game.

The ONLY thing we have to seperate the teams is the conference alignments and conference champions. Taking two teams from the same conference proves nothing. A champion was decided from each conference on the field. We found out which team was the best from each conference.

The eyeball test is a joke and has been proven thousands of times. I don't understand how people can let the ESPN propaganda machine convince you that the SEC is absolutely untouchable. How on earth did the second best team in the Big 10 beat the second best team in the SEC in the earlier bowl? This shouldn't even be possible, should it?

Ratings will be fine and my vote won't matter, but if you ever want to see this system changed, don't watch this game. If you are fine with it, watch the game.

i assume your talking about MSU beating Georgia. If you think that Georgia is the second best team in the SEC you are an idiot. I would love to see you rank the top 25 college football teams.

This is my argument to say: these are the best 2 teams.

How do we know? (not saying they aren't but we can't say that for sure) They play 8 or 9 games against their conference. Alabama and OSU were both 1 loss teams. yes 1 was against Iowa State, but if you don't give OSU a chance to play LSU then how do you know who's better.

Now you've just assumed that the SEC is greater than every other conference. Period. So instead of giving a B12 team a chance to prove they are better we say that the best has to be from the SEC and this is the rematch. We already know that LSU is better than Alabama, why not give some else a chance to prove this.

This is called a contemporary group that can make things look better than they really are.

In 2007 OSU was undefeated and so was michigan (until OSU beat them), why didn't they have a repeat in the championship. Argument could be made they were the 2 best teams, but a 1 loss florida sneaks in. Same thing and then florida wins. I think Ok State could beat LSU to be honest, but we will never know.

This is why this game is dumb, we already saw it once.

I also think it is sad that a team that didn't win it's conference or even its division has a chance to be national champs.

Georgia wasn't the second best SEC team. You think the fact they made it to the conference title game proves that? The SEC East SUCKS.

I'm not won over by the ESPN propaganda machine. I judge teams based on what I see. And I've not seen any team as good as LSU and Alabama.

Georgia wasn't the second best SEC team. You think the fact they made it to the conference title game proves that? The SEC East SUCKS.

I'm not won over by the ESPN propaganda machine. I judge teams based on what I see. And I've not seen any team as good as LSU and Alabama.

Thank You

i assume your talking about MSU beating Georgia. If you think that Georgia is the second best team in the SEC you are an idiot. I would love to see you rank the top 25 college football teams.

Thanks for your response. I assume you are fine with the system and you are entitled to your opinion.

Don't win your conference, don't play for the NC. In this case, don't win your division, don't play for the NC.

All arguments for this game end with the fail-proof "eyeball test". I'm not saying they aren't the best two teams, but neither can you. LSU won their conference, they deserve to move on. Put them against the next highest ranked conference champion.

It's amazing how many people complain about the bowls, playoffs, etc, but have no problem with the game tonight. It's the epitome of what's wrong with the BCS.

Why then have divisions in your conference? Alabama and LSU rematch should have been in the conference championship game if they were the two best teams in the SEC.

What if LSU beat Bama again then it would be LSU v. someone else. That would've made more sense.

And by the way, call me an idiot, tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, whatever. It's all anyone has regarding an argument because there certainly isn't any logic behind it.

I don't care if you watch the game. Have at it, especially if you support the BCS system because it's certainly the best way to show you do.

Thanks for your response. I assume you are fine with the system and you are entitled to your opinion.

Don't win your conference, don't play for the NC. In this case, don't win your division, don't play for the NC.

All arguments for this game end with the fail-proof "eyeball test". I'm not saying they aren't the best two teams, but neither can you. LSU won their conference, they deserve to move on. Put them against the next highest ranked conference champion.

It's amazing how many people complain about the bowls, playoffs, etc, but have no problem with the game tonight. It's the epitome of what's wrong with the BCS.

I really don't see why you watch college football at all. Did you boycott the NFL Playoffs when Seattle got a first round home game with a 7-9 record. If you don't like the bowl system boycott the whole thing not just one game. If the "eyeball test" is all we have to go by then thats what im going by.

What that game is on tonight? ehh it sucked the first time why would anybody want to watch it a second.

And by the way, call me an idiot, tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, whatever. It's all anyone has regarding an argument because there certainly isn't any logic behind it.

I don't care if you watch the game. Have at it, especially if you support the BCS system because it's certainly the best way to show you do.

The idiot remark was a little juvenile, i apologize

Im not watching. I have began to lose interest in watching any other bowl besides Iowa. They are not really postseason games like other sports. They are basically regular season games you get a month to prepare for. And to me the game tonight means little.

LSU has already beat the Orange Bowl, Rose Bowl and Cotton Bowl champs by 10+ points, they beat Alabama at Alabama. This game is meaningless, LSU should be the national champ either way. Win or lose no one is touching their resume.

Why then have divisions in your conference? Alabama and LSU rematch should have been in the conference championship game if they were the two best teams in the SEC.

What if LSU beat Bama again then it would be LSU v. someone else. That would've made more sense.

Alabama and LSU may very well be the two best teams in the country, although there's no way to really prove that, because there are other 1-loss teams out there who won't play each other.

Then you'll have another crowd that will tell you that Alabama couldn't even win it's own conference, so why should they be in the national title game? That was the same argument against Michigan in 2006.

But the reality of the situation is that if we have one undefeated team, and 3 or 4 other 1-loss teams, the 1-loss teams that lost earlier in the season naturally have an advantage over those who lose late, because the system is completely based on polls. Always HAS been that way, even before the BCS system. Lose late, and you're done. With very rare exceptions.

I'm still not convinced that the pollsters wouldn't have just awarded Alabama the #2 spot because they are a "sexier" SEC team than OSU or Stanford, though. And THAT is what I think is wrong with the system.

People will tell you that the regular season is your playoff, and that you can earn it. But tell that to 2004 Auburn. And the 2002 Hawkeyes might've been in the same boat even if they'd beaten ISU and gone 12-0.

I really don't see why you watch college football at all. Did you boycott the NFL Playoffs when Seattle got a first round home game with a 7-9 record. If you don't like the bowl system boycott the whole thing not just one game. If the "eyeball test" is all we have to go by then thats what im going by.

Apology accepted on the idiot remark.

Regarding the comparison with Seattle, I don't see it as the same thing at all. Seattle won their division, which is the body of work they could control and that's my only point. Look, even if Oklahoma State was playing LSU tonight, it wouldn't make for a perfect situation. However, at least we would know we're getting one team that already earned the distinction of being called "the best" from their conference going against another.

There isn't enough cross-pollination of conferences to really know which one is the best. I definitely see why people assume the SEC is the best, but that doesn't mean that there isn't one single team from another conference worthy of having a shot at the title.

I will tune in occasionally and if the game gets interesting, I might watch some of it. Overall, I can't muster up much interest having seen the original. I predict it will be the lowest rated BCS Championship game yet.

Look, even if Oklahoma State was playing LSU tonight, it wouldn't make for a perfect situation. However, at least we would know we're getting one team that already earned the distinction of being called "the best" from their conference going against another.

That is the "if you can't win your conference, then why should you be playing for the national title?" argument that I just alluded to. And I can't really argue it.

Latest posts