LSU v. Bama- Who's not watching

Apology accepted on the idiot remark.

Regarding the comparison with Seattle, I don't see it as the same thing at all. Seattle won their division, which is the body of work they could control and that's my only point. Look, even if Oklahoma State was playing LSU tonight, it wouldn't make for a perfect situation. However, at least we would know we're getting one team that already earned the distinction of being called "the best" from their conference going against another.

There isn't enough cross-pollination of conferences to really know which one is the best. I definitely see why people assume the SEC is the best, but that doesn't mean that there isn't one single team from another conference worthy of having a shot at the title.

What i gather is that we both hate the system but love college football and the Hawks. The "eyeball test" has flaws as does the current "divisions system" that made Georgia the so-called second best team in the SEC. I'm just not a boycott kind of guy and am praying for a much better game than these guys put out a few weeks ago. I just want to watch football, thats all that really matters to me.

I want a split national champion......just so maybe we can get a plus one...I am totally against full blown playoffs...but this year convinced me we need a plus one format. My personal opinion is if you don't finish in the top 4 you don't have a legit claim to a national title anyways.

I want a split national champion......just so maybe we can get a plus one...I am totally against full blown playoffs...but this year convinced me we need a plus one format. My personal opinion is if you don't finish in the top 4 you don't have a legit claim to a national title anyways.

How does having one team head and shoulders above everyone else convince you that you need a plus one?

What i gather is that we both hate the system but love college football and the Hawks. The "eyeball test" has flaws as does the current "divisions system" that made Georgia the so-called second best team in the SEC. I'm just not a boycott kind of guy and am praying for a much better game than these guys put out a few weeks ago. I just want to watch football, thats all that really matters to me.

How about instead of "second best", I say "conference runnier-up". The SEC conference runner-up lost to the Big 10 conference runner-up.

And I'm not a boycott kind of guy myself. I don't have enough emotional interest in just about anything to post a boycott. But I do love college football and this bugs the crap out of me. Would have felt the same way with Michigan and Ohio State.

But when it comes down to it, the fact that we're even talking about it is a win for the BCS.

How does having one team head and shoulders above everyone else convince you that you need a plus one?

Who was head and shoulders? LSU? ok...but why shouldn't OSU or Stanford get a shot at them?

After you get out of top 4 undefeated or one loss teams...you don't have a complaint really.

I don't care if you watch the game. Have at it, especially if you support the BCS system because it's certainly the best way to show you do.

I would think that actually attending the game would be the best way to show that you support it. :)

Well i think you will be getting your plus-1. everything i have heard and read says we are headed for that in the very near future. Its a "win" for most, it gives the BCS yet another cash cow of a game and also gets some of their protesters off their back for the time being because it will be looked at as progress.

Who was head and shoulders? LSU? ok...but why shouldn't OSU or Stanford get a shot at them?

After you get out of top 4 undefeated or one loss teams...you don't have a complaint really.

I agree with you - LSU is the clear #1. But after that, we have Alabama, OSU and Stanford all with 1 loss. It's not settled who is the best from those 3 teams. Some people blindly assume Alabama because they are #2 and from the SEC - but none of those 1-loss teams is really "more deserving" than the other.

I'd like at least a 4-team, 3-game, playoff. All of those teams would get their shot, and any undefeated teams would have their chance (see 2004 Auburn).

Of course #5 would scream bloody murder, but you will always have that problem no matter what you do. We've got teams screaming about not making a 64 team (or 68) NCAA Tournament.

I'm sure by the end of the SEC Infomercial tonight, everyone will be convinced that these two teams deserve additional wildcard spots in the NFL playoffs.

The first game sucked. I'll be checking in, but that's about it.

To those that are saying Alabama is clearly one of the two best teams, how the hell can you know that? It's an impossible argument. Okie St. never got a shot. That's lame. Lessens my interest for tonight.

Having two teams from the same conference is too incestual for me. We'll never know what OKSt could have done. We'll never know if Alabama deserved to be there.

I will watch but I wont enjoy a minute of it.....my god all Espn is doing today is cramming SEC love and Tebow crap down our throats today.

The only way I'll be watching is if I bet on it. Which I'm still trying to figure out if I want to do that, because then I actually have to watch the game. Blah.

Definitely will be watching, Wife graduated from LSU, having a bunch of Alums over for the game too. I'm looking forward to watching two really good football teams pound it out. I know it was played already, but it will be great to watch some defense for once this bowl season.

Geaux Tigers!

Latest posts