Lose Kirk this program is headed for the dumpster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, people it’s Iowa. A lot of you thought Barta was gone too after losing the lawsuit. He was just another bad penny to put in your shoe and go with it.

Kirk isn’t going anywhere and as long as Kirk’s around his little boy is around. Hell even Doyle may survive this. A bunch of public apology’s and promises to put the coaches through sensitivity and unconscious bias classes and the beat goes on.

Recruiting could take a hit but so what. It’s not like we are winning conference championship’s here. It’s not expected or demanded, so a drop off in recruiting really doesn’t matter.

That’s not my perspective on all of this but it’s what I expect from the white prudes that run the school.

They allegedly can't treat the new meat too poorly now. According to my old man, the mean IQ in the US has fallen 3-5 points per generation with a handful of outliers on the top end of the bell curve bailing us out on technological innovations, but the lower average IQ makes it impossible for younger people to understand the process. Luckily, the wars of the future will be fought with robots.

Somebody has to program the robots though.

Just my $.02 but with Dillon leaving the program I don’t see any way that Chris would return; regardless of the findings. I think the question is whether he goes quietly.

Just my $.02 but with Dillon leaving the program I don’t see any way that Chris would return; regardless of the findings. I think the question is whether he goes quietly.
Bingo. Dillon was the indicator that Chris is gone. He did need to go. Even if racist intent wasn't there with his statements (and I don't think it was), you can't say those things as a public figure. Coach Braithwaite (sp?) has been with him for a long time and that gives me lots of confidence in him.

Anything after that though, and we'd be cutting off our nose to spite our face.

CD will get paid his contract, sign a non disclosure statement outlineing to never discuss anything IA Football and resign.
The NFL doesn't care about players' egos.....he'd probably do well for himself on an NFL staff. He knows the game. Training staff, coaching staff, player development. There is a fine line to cross between appropriate and inappropriate verbiage when motivating people. I've been in sales meetings where I got called about the worst things you can imagine, but I loved making that money. Made me tougher but I understand its not for everyone. I understand that I'm not a black american and my american experience is much much different and i don't for one second misunderstand that fact. I don't condone racist words. I don't know what to think about borderline inferences to toughness, intelligence and manhood. It doesn't work in a classroom, professional settings and a lot of other places. Is the place that someone grew up a racially derogatory offense? Perhaps. If another kid is from backwoods Iowa and he's called bumpkin or stupid is it wrong? Perhaps. It's also a setting where 6'6" 330 lb giants are trying to end you. Id like to say that being appropriate 24/7 is the easy answer. I just think there is a lot of grey area. Outright nasty racially derogatory language is wrong. We need to define what racism looks like and that's no easy task. What I've learned from all of this is we all need to do a better job of listening.

Bingo. Dillon was the indicator that Chris is gone. He did need to go. Even if racist intent wasn't there with his statements (and I don't think it was), you can't say those things as a public figure. Coach Braithwaite (sp?) has been with him for a long time and that gives me lots of confidence in him.

Anything after that though, and we'd be cutting off our nose to spite our face.

Agreed and I’ve been saying that regardless of whether his comments were racially motivated, or simply in terrible taste, there had to be consequences. I think Iowa has an out in this if they can mutually part ways, but out the remainder of his contract and do whatever else is necessary for both sides to save face. Fortunately (from a PR standpoint) I have a feeling this will only get national attention until it happens to another university.

The biggest problem with Bob Stoops is a guy named Joe Mixon. I don’t know if people/media would jump on board with it.

I’ve always said he’d never leave retirement to coach another D-1 team, but maybe this is big enough that he’s want to come do something in the spotlight. Who knows.
Well that was quite a right hook, wow, but I don't think that relates to player mistreatment. Didn't seem to slow the young man down much. Kirk probable would have gone "old school" and kicked him off the team, cuz he's racist. (sarcasm)

The NFL doesn't care about players' egos.....he'd probably do well for himself on an NFL staff. He knows the game. Training staff, coaching staff, player development. There is a fine line to cross between appropriate and inappropriate verbiage when motivating people. I've been in sales meetings where I got called about the worst things you can imagine, but I loved making that money. Made me tougher but I understand its not for everyone. I understand that I'm not a black american and my american experience is much much different and i don't for one second misunderstand that fact. I don't condone racist words. I don't know what to think about borderline inferences to toughness, intelligence and manhood. It doesn't work in a classroom, professional settings and a lot of other places. Is the place that someone grew up a racially derogatory offense? Perhaps. If another kid is from backwoods Iowa and he's called bumpkin or stupid is it wrong? Perhaps. It's also a setting where 6'6" 330 lb giants are trying to end you. Id like to say that being appropriate 24/7 is the easy answer. I just think there is a lot of grey area. Outright nasty racially derogatory language is wrong. We need to define what racism looks like and that's no easy task. What I've learned from all of this is we all need to do a better job of listening.
He makes millions, I don't. I know the magic words I can't say. He should have cared enough about his job to not say them.

Could Bob Stoops be lured back to Iowa, how bout Snyder, (is he still alive?), Chuck want another shot at D1? How bout (insert name here?). Life will go on.

None of them are stupid enough to walk into the situation they would be walking into.

There's a very easy way to gauge all the "sincerity".

Take Pete Carroll's statement that Kaepernick opened everyone's eyes, and the NFL and public at large "owe him". Next, check the transaction wire for the NFL. Note the absence of Kaepernick's name, including the team coached by Pete Carroll.

Lol, people it’s Iowa. A lot of you thought Barta was gone too after losing the lawsuit. He was just another bad penny to put in your shoe and go with it.

Kirk isn’t going anywhere and as long as Kirk’s around his little boy is around. Hell even Doyle may survive this. A bunch of public apology’s and promises to put the coaches through sensitivity and unconscious bias classes and the beat goes on.

Recruiting could take a hit but so what. It’s not like we are winning conference championship’s here. It’s not expected or demanded, so a drop off in recruiting really doesn’t matter.

That’s not my perspective on all of this but it’s what I expect from the white prudes that run the school.

Why are you a fan, then? I mean, hating white prudes the way you do?

I lot of the posts out there are a bad look for the program. There is no doubt someone gets thrown the wolves to appease the loudest voices. That's Doyle...for sure.

That being said...when I read twitter posts from players, I'm getting a positive under current about their belief this will get better. I don't see any former players ripping KF...other than one...who feels he wasn't supported in a dispute with Doyle. Most of what I have seen is positive regarding Kirk Ferentz.

What happens though, is that you come on this board and the Chicken Little syndrome runs deep. God...I'm ready to go to the nuclear bunker in my backyard after reading some of the moronic posts about conspiracies and KF is a bad, bad man if he knew this...etc. This is Penn State and you are just like Joe Paterno's followers. Horse shit. Nothing runs that deep...Penn State people could watch that dickhead molest a boy with Paterno eating popcorn a few feet away and they would show up at his door screaming "We Are...Penn State."

The program is going to be fine...nothing criminal happened. The black players I've seen texts from are support of Kirk Ferentz other than DJK...and may one other. KF will get this right...he will make changes...and he will get his black players on board. Now...will he be aggressive offensively with a lead...probably not.

As much as you and I have bumped heads on some topics in the past, you sure did nail it this one!

The biggest problem with Bob Stoops is a guy named Joe Mixon. I don’t know if people/media would jump on board with it.

I’ve always said he’d never leave retirement to coach another D-1 team, but maybe this is big enough that he’s want to come do something in the spotlight. Who knows.
I always thought maybe as AD and maybe that's in the works too. Parallels to the 2015 fiasco in Columbia. The Tigers went from being in the SEC championship game in 2014 to a new coach in 2016. Pinkel actually sided w/ the players and was instrumental in getting president Wolfe to resign. The team folded in the turmoil.

Why are you a fan, then? I mean, hating white prudes the way you do?

Lol, Could you please give me the number and position the white Prudes are wearing?

I am not talking about the team.

Why do you think Kirk got all over Brian for using a few cuss words. What world do this people live in that an F bomb is something that upsets them. They better not go down to practice on a hot day.

Obviously they care more about that than they do the game. That’s my gripe with them. If they were ever around Bobby Knight or Michigan’s old coach Bo S. they would have shit a brick With the language they would have heard.

I am not calling for Kirk’s head here especially since we don’t know all the facts. I don’t like the tone from what I have heard though.

My perspective is that all people are loved and valued equally in the eyes of God. If God feels that way and then I should feel that way also.

I personally believe that if Kirk stayed around for another ten or twenty years and never won another conference title the powers that be would care less because it’s not really that important to them. That was my point. Still I hope that maybe one day all the stars will align perfectly we win the division the conference and have a shot in the play offs. That hope has been quietly fading away for me. Would just love to see it once in my lifetime.

Sorry to digress off the subject here. I guess my religious perspective should tell you how I feel about inequality towards others regardless of race, religion, social status, wealth status Or any other reason.

We will see what happens here but I think it will play out the way I stated. I think at a lot of other Universities Barta would have been let go after the law suit. I think the fact that Kirk likes him so much had a lot to do with it. Kirk is so well liked by the powers that be that he will survive this as will Brian. Not so sure about Doyle but Kirk comes off as being very loyal to his coaches so I am sure every attempt will be made to work through all of this.

Public acknowledgement, apologies, sensitivity training, unconscious bias training.

I don’t know about all of you but I am ready for some football. Hoping this will that year.

This program is already IN the dumpster. The players just don't know it, yet. They were too busy singing Kum Ba Yah while one of their teammates was transferring and then being called a quitter by some of the Twitterverse.

Lol, Could you please give me the number and position the white Prudes are wearing?

I am not talking about the team.

Why do you think Kirk got all over Brian for using a few cuss words. What world do this people live in that an F bomb is something that upsets them. They better not go down to practice on a hot day.

Obviously they care more about that than they do the game. That’s my gripe with them. If they were ever around Bobby Knight or Michigan’s old coach Bo S. they would have shit a brick With the language they would have heard.

I am not calling for Kirk’s head here especially since we don’t know all the facts. I don’t like the tone from what I have heard though.

My perspective is that all people are loved and valued equally in the eyes of God. If God feels that way and then I should feel that way also.

I personally believe that if Kirk stayed around for another ten or twenty years and never won another conference title the powers that be would care less because it’s not really that important to them. That was my point. Still I hope that maybe one day all the stars will align perfectly we win the division the conference and have a shot in the play offs. That hope has been quietly fading away for me. Would just love to see it once in my lifetime.

Sorry to digress off the subject here. I guess my religious perspective should tell you how I feel about inequality towards others regardless of race, religion, social status, wealth status Or any other reason.

We will see what happens here but I think it will play out the way I stated. I think at a lot of other Universities Barta would have been let go after the law suit. I think the fact that Kirk likes him so much had a lot to do with it. Kirk is so well liked by the powers that be that he will survive this as will Brian. Not so sure about Doyle but Kirk comes off as being very loyal to his coaches so I am sure every attempt will be made to work through all of this.

Public acknowledgement, apologies, sensitivity training, unconscious bias training.

I don’t know about all of you but I am ready for some football. Hoping this will that year.

Doyle's already gone. Or did you miss the part about his kid entering the transfer portal?

This program is already IN the dumpster. The players just don't know it, yet. They were too busy singing Kum Ba Yah while one of their teammates was transferring and then being called a quitter by some of the Twitterverse.

Who has transferred except Doyle?

He makes millions, I don't. I know the magic words I can't say. He should have cared enough about his job to not say them.
I wasnt advocating for him. I haven't heard THE word mentioned yet. Lots of trying to negatively motivate kids to be angry and try harder? I don't agree with it. Does the ends justify the means. I say not but ill bet there are some millionaire NFL players that might and have said it wasn't a problem for them. I think its a problem. I'm not sure on what level. As a fan base and administration it wasn't a problem until it became a problem. Which, wait for it......is a problem.

Doyle's already gone. Or did you miss the part about his kid entering the transfer portal?

Actually I did miss that. Thanks for pointing that out to me. Even though I don’t agree with the things he is accused of saying and doing I do appreciate the things he contributed to the program. Speaking of his father.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts