Lose Kirk this program is headed for the dumpster

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkeyeDenis

Kirk gone, Brian gone, Doyle gone. Dismantle a program that has taken years to build up because some things weren't right? Not to make light of this, because it is serious, but it's not Pedo gate. Institutions are not perfect. They will never meet all the wants or needs of all involved. Trust Kirk to fix any problems that may have occurred.

To those that think that this is a mediocre program only satisfied with eight win seasons. Wait. Dismantle this program and watch as Iowa becomes the door mat for Iowa State.

I'll bite.

The is an institution for higher learning. Where all that come to it should be welcomed and allowed to grow as a human and discover who they are, This is not just a football factory as your 8 win a season comment shows.

Our standards should be very high in all aspects of the institution. You men should not come to a great University that Iowa is and be abused. And they not only get verbally abused, they are put into harms way (See Doyle and Rhabdo).

I see this as a bunch of rich guys that got comfortable in a system that allowed them to get comfortable and do what they wanted. Doyle survived, Barta survived, KF gets sweetheart deals, BF gets a job because of who is Daddy is.

This is a huge problem that has gone on for 2 decades. I hate it for the University I graduated from. I hate that I am going to be embarrassed when someone brings it up because Im an alumni.

Is football more important than the University? Is the Tigerhawk logo more important than the Old Capitol logo?

We need to get our priorities straight. This is flat out fat cat stuff.

You cannot abuse young men in the name of discipline or motivation. You cannot run them off from a place they are supposed to be getting an education, not just play football.

This whole thing is wrong on so many levels. It breaks my heart to see our University and football program go through this. But when is enough, enough?

And Barta should be gone as well. Sexism, and allowing the football program to abuse the athletes he should be protecting.

Shame on Barta, KF and his staff.

Last edited:
I'm sure army drill sergeants are being all warm and fuzzy now so as not to offend anyone. It's a new day!

They allegedly can't treat the new meat too poorly now. According to my old man, the mean IQ in the US has fallen 3-5 points per generation with a handful of outliers on the top end of the bell curve bailing us out on technological innovations, but the lower average IQ makes it impossible for younger people to understand the process. Luckily, the wars of the future will be fought with robots.

Could Bob Stoops be lured back to Iowa, how bout Snyder, (is he still alive?), Chuck want another shot at D1? How bout (insert name here?). Life will go on.

It would be nice if a new coach could just walk into the facility and start winning but the odds aren't good for that to happen.

7 of the 10 coaches at IL are black. They are making progress. I don't think they use motivation by trash can.

The biggest problem with Bob Stoops is a guy named Joe Mixon. I don’t know if people/media would jump on board with it.

I’ve always said he’d never leave retirement to coach another D-1 team, but maybe this is big enough that he’s want to come do something in the spotlight. Who knows.

Doyle gone, Brian suspended, Kirk vowing to make a lot of changes. That's how it's going to go down.
Probably.... That'd be my guess too. I doubt anything happens to KF but man his hands are far from clean. Brian I could even see just get a verbal slap on the wrist and that's it too. I don't know. If there's was an obvious candidate for the job I'd be even more apt to say let's totally clean house. We probably should anyway. But man you want to get that next hire right and not turn into Nebraska just no thanks to that either. But sometimes the situation dictates decisions and KF has built himself up to the point where it'd be tough to march him out. And I don't see Barta having the stones or the clout to do it.

I'm in the camp that is waiting for the results of an investigation that hopefully takes place before anyone needs to be shown the door. If said allegations are true about player abuse, inappropriate comments meant to somehow motivate players or punish them then that will come to light and should be dealt with. I have been in a situation where multiple people said this is what he said and did and it was Not True. A parent called me at midnight and threatened to kill me over what someone said I did and it was false. Let's wait a bit before we clean the house and see what further information comes to light. Relax people, more is coming probably some good and maybe some more bad.

If any of this is true.. Then Iowa needs to clean house and can this staff and start over. I just don't see how you can overcome the perception. Maybe keep Phil at temp HC for this year. Fire KF,Brian,Doyle.

I don’t think Chris Doyle is done talking. KF basically threw him under the bus after working with him for 20 years. No way KF didn’t know the shit that was being said by his son, Doyle or Seth Wallace. Don’t buy it for a second. And if he actually didn’t know? I think it’s a worse look for Kirk Ferentz.

CD will get paid his contract, sign a non disclosure statement outlineing to never discuss anything IA Football and resign.

I lot of the posts out there are a bad look for the program. There is no doubt someone gets thrown the wolves to appease the loudest voices. That's Doyle...for sure.

That being said...when I read twitter posts from players, I'm getting a positive under current about their belief this will get better. I don't see any former players ripping KF...other than one...who feels he wasn't supported in a dispute with Doyle. Most of what I have seen is positive regarding Kirk Ferentz.

What happens though, is that you come on this board and the Chicken Little syndrome runs deep. God...I'm ready to go to the nuclear bunker in my backyard after reading some of the moronic posts about conspiracies and KF is a bad, bad man if he knew this...etc. This is Penn State and you are just like Joe Paterno's followers. Horse shit. Nothing runs that deep...Penn State people could watch that dickhead molest a boy with Paterno eating popcorn a few feet away and they would show up at his door screaming "We Are...Penn State."

The program is going to be fine...nothing criminal happened. The black players I've seen texts from are support of Kirk Ferentz other than DJK...and may one other. KF will get this right...he will make changes...and he will get his black players on board. Now...will he be aggressive offensively with a lead...probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts