Looks like the clowns are closing in on beating TCU

and more proof that ISU/Iowa is 'just another game'.

Losses to ISU AND central michigan AND still downplaying a team that beat a top 15 team.... if this isn't the definition of jealousy, I dont know what is.

As an Isu fan I say that they shouldn't be favored at a road game against a ranked team. I think them ******* the game against tech gave that line-deservedly so. Normqlly that would be the signal of the end of the season...but they showed up today. Pleasantly surprised.

Rankings are nonsense at this point in the season - case in point: TT is a *much* better team than TCU. TCU simply has some brand recognition going for them right now (which is basically all that the rankings indicate at this time of year). Honestly, ISU should be somewhere in the top-20 right now - after this week, you may be up there (but the absurdity of it is that you had to beat a team that should be nowhere near the top-25 - let alone top 15! - to get there).

Rankings are nonsense at this point in the season - case in point: TT is a *much* better team than TCU. TCU simply has some brand recognition going for them right now (which is basically all that the rankings indicate at this time of year). Honestly, ISU should be somewhere in the top-20 right now - after this week, you may be up there (but the absurdity of it is that you had to beat a team that should be nowhere near the top-25 - let alone top 15! - to get there).
Disagree. We have yet to prove top 25 status. The only big victory is the tcu game. If we can hang with ksu(could be ugly) maybe. Isu offense is not producing, the defense is solid, but the totality is not top 25 yet.

Disagree. We have yet to prove top 25 status. The only big victory is the tcu game. If we can hang with ksu(could be ugly) maybe. Isu offense is not producing, the defense is solid, but the totality is not top 25 yet.
Serious question... jmb. This victory isn't the same without TCU's starting QB and RB is it?

Well, dunno man - I guess you will have to call it a weak year for CFB or something, because - like it or not - you guys are performing at a top-20 level relative to what else is out there. I think as a player you have to maintain the "we've proved nothing mentality", but as a fan I would recommend you start enjoying it! (wish Iowa was up there)

We'll be top 25 after we beat M State on the road. M State looked weak today.. easy win for us now that we found our groove.

Serious question... jmb. This victory isn't the same without TCU's starting QB and RB is it?
I understand the notion. I also understand it is the nature if the sport. A win is a win...but heck ya I would love to win with their best players on the field. Example(no ball busting) beating Iowa is beating Iowa with or without the missing running back. Injuries are a part of the game.

Well, dunno man - I guess you will have to call it a weak year for CFB or something, because - like it or not - you guys are performing at a top-20 level relative to what else is out there. I think as a player you have to maintain the "we've proved nothing mentality", but as a fan I would recommend you start enjoying it! (wish Iowa was up there)
As a clone fan we live in a perpetual state of waiting for the wheels to fall off. Watching wvu/Texas is a huge reality check...but you are right, take the w's where they land.

I point it out because the gap isn't nearly as wide as many here would like to believe. It's not 2004 anymore, and Rhoads is definitely making strides in Ames. They've got three more games I'd call winnable (Baylor, Kansas, and OK State), and if they've got a miracle upset in them, Oklahoma would be my guess (Never been sold on Landry Jones at all).

Meanwhile, Iowa has been on an overall downward trend for 8 years, and things don't appear too good for the next couple years, either.

Speaking of the gap, at Iowa games I see old farmers and drunk non-alumni. At ISU games I see lots and lots of kids I.e. future fans. It could get much worse if Iowa sucks against sucky teams while Rhoads kicks a55.

Speaking of the gap, at Iowa games I see old farmers and drunk non-alumni. At ISU games I see lots and lots of kids I.e. future fans. It could get much worse if Iowa sucks against sucky teams while Rhoads kicks a55.

You also see about 40,000 less fans at isu games...and will continue to

Bhaaahaa ... jweg are you 15?

Interesting back and forth here. But I got to give credit to ISU for not falling on their face as per their usual at this time of year.

They've beat us and have continued to win. Let's hope they can continue this for the rest of the year to make our loss against them sting a little less.

Nice win ISU (man that's hard to type).

kinnick holds 95,000? When did they add 25,000 seats?

His math is bad, but you still couldn't find more than 54,000 people interested enough in your stellar program to attend the last home game against Tx Tech.
So don't get carried away by the cocky train, historical punching bag.

05fd040006962b045a1dc7b61c25e665_zps3a127f93.jpg

Super Bowl?

Latest posts