Looks like Patrick is doing well for his new AAU team

There's another video out there on Tyrell Terry...who I believe is the point guard Fran wants. Dude's athletic and can deal. We want him...so work on him Patrick. You'd have to be a moron to say PM isn't a legit top 50. He's got a handle and he can get up for a skinny kid. He's going to play a lot as a freshman.

Fran wants DJ pretty badly from what it seems.

He's got a better mid range game than I thought. He'll never play with his back to the basket in the BIG, unless he gets a ridiculous mismatch and drops down. So, I'm not concerned about that. He's a SF in college. He would be our best on ball defender if he was on the team, right now. I'll take him on that prospect alone.

He is quick, can create his own shot, seems to be in constant motion and passes the ball well. All aspects that have needed improvement. I personally believe he will be a valuable addition to the team. Seems to be a perfect fit for Fran's style of play.....

Hopefully, he will be able to play D like Baer does. They appear to have the same frame. I also don't see him pounding the ball in around the basket in the league, but he is smooth, and seems to slip and slide toward the basket very well.....

Wait a minute.....Slipping and Sliding.....

It's all good.....

:cool:

There's another video out there on Tyrell Terry...who I believe is the point guard Fran wants. Dude's athletic and can deal. We want him...so work on him Patrick. You'd have to be a moron to say PM is a legit top 50. He's got a handle and he can get up for a skinny kid. He's going to play a lot as a freshman.

His family is all big people so my guess is he will be putting on quite a bit of weight over the next couple years. My guess is he will be skinny as a freshman and be pretty close to average as a sophomore.

He might not be able to put a lot of weight on. Might affect his quickness if he did anyway. Sometimes that is a factor. The effects of his surgery could be a deterrent to gaining significant weight. Jamal Crawford and Penny Hardaway had similar builds......

Have been looking forward to Patrick and Joe on the court at the same time. Good Things Coming our way, Lads.....

I don't really think many expect him to be a primary "back to the basket" player... mismatches - yes, but I think he's going to be a 3 most of the time.

He is quick, can create his own shot, seems to be in constant motion and passes the ball well. All aspects that have needed improvement. I personally believe he will be a valuable addition to the team. Seems to be a perfect fit for Fran's style of play.....

Hopefully, he will be able to play D like Baer does. They appear to have the same frame. I also don't see him pounding the ball in around the basket in the league, but he is smooth, and seems to slip and slide toward the basket very well.....

Wait a minute.....Slipping and Sliding.....

It's all good.....

He's already a better on ball defender than Baer.

I see Pat as more of a PointForward. If he can be that type of player then the additional weight and improved jumpshot would obviously be awesome... but I still don't think its critical to being effective in the B1G. Giannis was listed as 6'10" 196 lbs by his team in Greece before making the jump to the NBA and adding 25 lbs.

Just playing devil's advocate here but his top 30 seemed too high (having seen him play several times). However, seeing him drop is no surprise considering he's committed and no schools really even bothered to recruit him based off the presumption he'd go to Iowa.
We see this all the time, especially in football. If a player commits to Iowa he's downgraded or remains the same but almost never goes up. If Michigan or Alabama gets a 3* commits they're immediately upgraded to a 4*.

Just playing devil's advocate here but his top 30 seemed too high (having seen him play several times). However, seeing him drop is no surprise considering he's committed and no schools really even bothered to recruit him based off the presumption he'd go to Iowa.
We see this all the time, especially in football. If a player commits to Iowa he's downgraded or remains the same but almost never goes up. If Michigan or Alabama gets a 3* commits they're immediately upgraded to a 4*.
Joe didn’t drop a whole lot and he committed to Iowa early. Joe went to camps and played against top competition and performed really well.

I think most people that didn’t have the blinders on could see Pat probably wasn’t a top 30 or even top 50 type kid. Those are the types of kid who you expect to come in and make an instant impact. I liked the recent video I saw of Pat and it made me much more optimistic on him. I still think he would be a potential redshirt candidate in my mind or play very sparingly as a freshman. He still has a lot of time for improvement though.

Interestingly enough Connor McCaffery was rated very high as a younger recruit and dropped as well. I personally think the name exposure and the fact that they were advanced for their ages probably inflated their rankings. I know the name exposure argument really ticks some people off and I certainly can’t prove it, but it’s just how I feel.

With all that said I’m very happy we got Pat and I think he’s an exciting recruit. His potential is very high.

Joe didn’t drop a whole lot and he committed to Iowa early. Joe went to camps and played against top competition and performed really well.

I think most people that didn’t have the blinders on could see Pat probably wasn’t a top 30 or even top 50 type kid. Those are the types of kid who you expect to come in and make an instant impact. I liked the recent video I saw of Pat and it made me much more optimistic on him. I still think he would be a potential redshirt candidate in my mind or play very sparingly as a freshman. He still has a lot of time for improvement though.

Interestingly enough Connor McCaffery was rated very high as a younger recruit and dropped as well. I personally think the name exposure and the fact that they were advanced for their ages probably inflated their rankings. I know the name exposure argument really ticks some people off and I certainly can’t prove it, but it’s just how I feel.

With all that said I’m very happy we got Pat and I think he’s an exciting recruit. His potential is very high.

I think I read somewhere that the McCaffery boys were a year older for their grade. I'm sure they are good players, but other guys are probably catching up to them physically. With the name recognition, being exposed to basketball all their lifes, and a year of maturity probably has them over rated. They should be good players though.

Can't tell anything about D from AAU. HS tapes don't show good D. Blocking a few shots doesn't tell much. His wingspan is helpful. He seems OK with his hands. Much better than the eye gouger.
I can certainly tell whether or not a player can move his feet and stay in front of opponents in AAU games. You can tell an awful lot about a player by watching AAU basketball. That's why every college coach spends valuable recruiting time attending these tournaments.

A top 50 player should absolutely dominate Iowa high school basketball games. Joe did that. Connor/Patrick didn't and don't. End of story. If Patrick puts up 35/12 a game as a SR for Iowa City West next season, his ranking will climb.

I can certainly tell whether or not a player can move his feet and stay in front of opponents in AAU games. You can tell an awful lot about a player by watching AAU basketball. That's why every college coach spends valuable recruiting time attending these tournaments.
Seriously, I've seen several of his high school games. You're simply just wrong on this one, bud.

A top 50 player should absolutely dominate Iowa high school basketball games. Joe did that. Connor/Patrick didn't and don't. End of story. If Patrick puts up 35/12 a game as a SR for Iowa City West next season, his ranking will climb.
Carton hasn't dominated high school games. He's apparently a 5 star now.