Looks like Patrick is doing well for his new AAU team

Carton hasn't dominated high school games. He's apparently a 5 star now.
PGs seem to be the exception to the rule. College coaches place the same value on PGs these days, as they used to place on 7'ers in the 80s. Plus, PGs aren't expected to score gaudy numbers. They are expected to run the offense and put their teammates in positions to win games. And I certainly don't consider Carton a 5*, can't miss prospect.

PGs seem to be the exception to the rule. College coaches place the same value on PGs these days, as they used to place on 7'ers in the 80s. Plus, PGs aren't expected to score gaudy numbers. They are expected to run the offense and put their teammates in positions to win games. And I certainly don't consider Carton a 5*, can't miss prospect.
That's what's so strange about it. Carton averaged just as many turnovers as assists.

I can certainly tell whether or not a player can move his feet and stay in front of opponents in AAU games. You can tell an awful lot about a player by watching AAU basketball. That's why every college coach spends valuable recruiting time attending these tournaments.

You misunderstand aau

He'll block shots like Uthoff did. On close outs and help defense.
Unless he either dramatically improves his outside shooting or puts on significant weight gain, he won't get enough minutes for that. Oh wait, I completely forgot that his dad was the coach. Nevermind.

Unless he either dramatically improves his outside shooting or puts on significant weight gain, he won't get enough minutes for that. Oh wait, I completely forgot that his dad was the coach. Nevermind.
I'm agreeing that he won't block shots in the paint against PFs and Cs, in the traditional role. I'm not saying he will block as many shots as Uthoff or get as many minutes, one way or the other. I'm saying his shot blocking ability will come from the same circumstances as Uthoff's did. That simple.

Again, I've seen too many of his high school games to agree with that.
If he doesn't give maximum effort on the defensive end, he'll never be a good defender, so there is that possibility. We already know that Fran won't demand great effort on the defensive end.

Fran's not going to give his kids more minutes than they've earned. He has his share of faults but giving up possible wins just so he can play his sons doesn't appear to be one of them. That would be stupid.

Fran's not going to give his kids more minutes than they've earned. He has his share of faults but giving up possible wins just so he can play his sons doesn't appear to be one of them. That would be stupid.
That’s at this point is just hearsay. We don’t know how Fran will handle it until he is actually in the situation. Luckily for him GB gave him a nice extension and killer buyout. Parents do crazy things for the kids all the time, would not be surprised at all if he played either of them more than they deserved.

That’s at this point is just hearsay. We don’t know how Fran will handle it until he is actually in the situation. Luckily for him GB gave him a nice extension and killer buyout. Parents do crazy things for the kids all the time, would not be surprised at all if he played either of them more than they deserved.
We know he gave Connor 2nd team minutes at the PG spot, instead of CW, before the 1st game was played. That's why CW left.