LIVE CHAT - Iowa vs. Clemson

Iowa basketball has NEVER been this bad.....EVER.

I'm starting to wonder if this is going to be the worst season in Iowa history. It's still early in the years but we'll see. And I'm starting to wonder if there is a coach who would has the ability to get us out of this **** hole.

My first real good memory of Hawkeye Hoops was watching BJ, Roy and Eddie lead us to 30 wins and an Elite 8 in 1987. I'm sorry you missed it. :(

Was that the year when Eddie Horton put on an absolute clinic in the Tar Heels nest against JR Reid?

What a game and win that was!

I'm starting to wonder if this is going to be the worst season in Iowa history. It's still early in the years but we'll see.
Given the promise to be better than last year....this is the worst....period. We are not even close to last year's club. In fact, last year's group would beat this year's team by 10-15.

I'm starting to wonder if this is going to be the worst season in Iowa history. It's still early in the years but we'll see. And I'm starting to wonder if there is a coach who would has the ability to get us out of this **** hole.

I've often wondered the same thing myself.

I know this is only year two, but getting blown out at home by Clemson and Campbell is inexcusable and falls squarely on the coach, maybe he and Barta can share a rid to the unemployment office

I can't figure out why Fran doesn't sit ALL starters and just play the scrubs....send a message. The game is over at this point, so why not see what happens.

The worst part about this is that the defensive and rebounding efforts are non existant and those are effort things that you can control.
I understand that sometimes shots just dont fall, but not playing D or rebounding is really really sad.

There are few words to describe the hopelessness of being a Hawkeye BB fan...losing all confidence in Fran now....

I almost with you on this one. How does a team play so lousy is beyond me. Fran has no control on this team and it is very depressing. Yes it is early but right now 8 wins seems very shallow and impossible. Maybe Frans not cut out for this level?

Given the promise to be better than last year....this is the worst....period. We are not even close to last year's club. In fact, last year's group would beat this year's team by 10-15.

It is the same effing team! Besides Cole! Don't really get this comment :confused:

I'm starting to long for a 43-41 game. At least we didn't get beat by 30. I have faith things will get better. But, then again, i am a cubs fan too!

Was that the year when Eddie Horton put on an absolute clinic in the Tar Heels nest against JR Reid?

What a game and win that was!

I think that must have been 1989. Horton's SR year. The game in Chapel Hill? But yes indeed - a great game. And that's what Hawkeye Basketball used to be. Hard to believe the players on that Iowa team even played in the same arena as this year's team..

Latest posts