LIVE CHAT - Iowa vs. Clemson

Is any of this on McCafferey? The team has gone backward and this kind of depressingly bad play is killing any fan interest....didn't think the program would continue to get worse!
Uh, yeah. This is the third team in a row that has scorched us from the perimeter. The third game in a row that we have failed to hustle and rebound whatsoever. Shooting is on players.....the other stuff is coaching....or so it would seem. But hey...I'm the guy that continues to support KF and KOK ;)

Basabe should only START when he can contributed. There are players on this team ready to play and in shape. Is he playing only so he can run up and down the court to lose 15lbs? That is what it looks like to me.
Do we still have the "Gray Team".....I'd start them if we do.

Yep. I saw that, and it makes me even more bitter watching players that can create and make plays.

That, and showing the old photos of Roy Sr., along with Ed Horton and BJ. Sigh... I miss the 1980's, but would settle for the 1990's in a heartbeat right now.

I was barely alive in the 1980's and considering my love of Iowa basketball, I hate that.

You do understand that Fran is rebuilding a depleted program and he's still two years from turming the corner, right?

I pray that it's only 2 years off? I sure hope he has recruited some quickness. It certainly is not there yet. A 7'1" center will help to; if someone is able to get him the ball! Right now, and for the last 5 years at least, our guards are very below average to be contending in the big ten. Good guards can get you 18 wins a year any more. You need the big guys to get 20+ consistently. I would be happy with 14 wins this year from what i have seen thus far.

He needs to sit May and let Basabe sit a game or so. The guy is just out of sorts. He'll be okay but needs to step back and take the pressure off for a week.

I was barely alive in the 1980's and considering my love of Iowa basketball, I hate that.

My first real good memory of Hawkeye Hoops was watching BJ, Roy and Eddie lead us to 30 wins and an Elite 8 in 1987. I'm sorry you missed it. :(

I joked earlier...but I'm now fairly confident that they don't practice ANY defense in practice.

Horrible. Even if they never did as basketball player for that long, it should be instinct to immediately find somone to block out once the shot goes up. This is by far the worst rebounding team I've ever seen. Ever.

Latest posts