little things that tick me off

People that walk down the middle of the aisle in a parking lot on the way to their car. Get your fat butt over to the side so that cars can pass you stupid person, its a parking lot not a sidewalk.

In the fall, heading east on hwy 20 out of Dubuque, all the cotton tops drivin 40 mph and sayin oh, look at the pretty leaves. ROAD RAGE !!!!

Do actual people still do surveying? I figured they had robots for that kind of work by now...

Yes...we use robotic total stations and GPS. The total stations (some of them anyway) are robotic and will follow you wherever you go.

The reference to paces was that I know that for every 20 steps (paces) I take, I cover right around 50 feet, and when you're surveying something like the edge of a road or the centerline of a road, you typically take a shot every 50 feet.

Last edited:
-having to tab out a waitress because her shift ended and starting a new tab
-paying at the pump and then having to walk in to get your receipt because the attendant was too lazy to keep the recepit tape filled
-Keith Olberman
-Rachael Maddow
-People

People who say something like "when are scientists going to find a cure for cancer?" :mad:

Well, which one? In what population?

there are over 200 types of cancer!

People born and raised in Iowa who are Nebraska, ND, Michigan, Florida, or USC fans and never went to school there are lived there. Seriously, WTF?

Kinda like Americans rooting for the Germans in WW.

Going to list just one:
Guys with baseball caps on backwards. Alla Big Ben, Tony Romo. Sometimes see groups of 20-25 year old guys, all with Ball caps on backwards. Coolness has worn off that IMO
Got any others?

Ken and Colleen in the morning on 102.5 in Des Moines ... Not funny. Never funny ... And always laughing out their own lame jokes ... Give me 103.3 in Des Moines ...

The reference to paces was that I know that for every 20 steps (paces) I take, I cover right around 50 feet, and when you're surveying something like the edge of a road or the centerline of a road, you typically take a shot every 50 feet.

I'm sure your paces aren't the same as when you started the day (or in a straight line) for very long taking a shot every 50 feet. I'm sure that makes for a long day, and a worse morning.

Ken and Colleen in the morning on 102.5 in Des Moines ... Not funny. Never funny ... And always laughing out their own lame jokes ... Give me 103.3 in Des Moines ...

If you are listening to an FM radio station in Des Moines I would highly recommend getting sirius/xm...there is a big, new world waiting for you out there, you just have to pony up the 8 bucks a month and own it...

I'm sure your paces aren't the same as when you started the day (or in a straight line) for very long taking a shot every 50 feet. I'm sure that makes for a long day, and a worse morning.

Well, the data collector I carry with me says otherwise. Besides, it's not like taking a shot takes that long anyway, typically less than a second.

Last edited:
103.3 sucks. Have they decided on a format yet?

Yes they have decided to stick with what Ive coined the "East Side" format...newer crappy new rock (think Shinetown or whatever that sucky band is called), a little bit older crappy new rock (think Kid Rock), and some overplayed classic rock (think every AC/DC song, theyre all the same anyway right?, Iron Man, and Enter Sandman)...this format is also known as the "Iowa Stripper" format...

Latest posts