Little brother

The complete and total butthurt over at CF is reaching epic proportions. They just don't understand what the big deal is when your head coach has a temper tantrum at a press conference and calls out other schools and the media.

The Lil Brother culture is alive and well in the athletic dept. From tweeting out that Jan. 1 bowl games aren't what they used to be (extreme butthurt about Iowa making one). To now a coach going all nanananananananananana we got a recruit, Iowa, ND, and the media can all go F themselves at a press conference.

This is the reason that most people want to be Hawk fans, and only those who go to ISU are fans of the Cyclones. They look at that and think do I really want to be little brother, and to have an attitude this rediculous????? Or do I want to be the big dog where getting a jan 1 bowl game, or a 4* recruit ain't no big thing, been there, done that.

This post is copyrighted. Any reposting or summarizing or crying about this post on Cyclonefanatic is strictly prohibited.

U mad bro? Let's talk it out.

Me mad? Naw man. I'm used to those lovable dolts on CF. BTW what is your screen name over there? Oh, wait, let me guess....jmb, or mikem??

I don't have a screen name over there. You're actually barking up the wrong tree with me being a clone fan, but you're in the right forest.

From a PR perspective, very poorly handled all the way around. Taking jabs at Notre Dame and Iowa regarding last-minute pushes/calls as if he has not done the exact same thing (i.e. see Jake Campos). The silliest thing he did is draw attention to one recruit - one recruit who he says he will keep away from the media. So now you have brought even more attention to this kid and singled him out over the other 20+ recruits you are bringing in.

On the flipside, of course, this is the stuff ISU fans will eat up and Pawl knows that. Pawl needs to do what he can to keep this fanbase excited ... and distract them from the fact he is 14-29 in Big 12 conference play and his teams have finished 8th, 9th, and 7th the past three seasons.

From a PR perspective, very poorly handled all the way around. Taking jabs at Notre Dame and Iowa regarding last-minute pushes/calls as if he has not done the exact same thing (i.e. see Jake Campos). The silliest thing he did is draw attention to one recruit - one recruit who he says he will keep away from the media. So now you have brought even more attention to this kid and singled him out over the other 20+ recruits you are bringing in.

On the flipside, of course, this is the stuff ISU fans will eat up and Pawl knows that. Pawl needs to do what he can to keep this fanbase excited ... and distract them from the fact he is 14-29 in Big 12 conference play and his teams have finished 8th, 9th, and 7th the past three seasons.

Yep, as long as they keep filling the seats to see their local hero have 3 catches for 42 yards he is fine.

Not to mention even with the "best recruit in ISU history" their class is still ranked dead F'ing last in the conference.

It's not a good move, only because Notre Dame and Iowa aren't programs that ISU should be worried about anymore. Under Roads, the Clones have surpassed both those programs. Also, neither Iowa or ND have ever had a recruit the likes of Lazard. That kind of talent just doesn't come to Kinnick.

It's not a good move, only because Notre Dame and Iowa aren't programs that ISU should be worried about anymore. Under Roads, the Clones have surpassed both those programs. Also, neither Iowa or ND have ever had a recruit the likes of Lazard. That kind of talent just doesn't come to Kinnick.
Yeah I mean really, why would someone want to play for a program that just played a New Year's day bowl and lost to a good SEC team by 7 points when you can play for a team that lost to UNI at home? Why play for a school who sends 2-3 players per year to the NFL when you can play for one that sends 2-3 every 10 years?

ISU pulling in Lazard is about as impressive as Iowa when it got James Morris. Don't get me wrong, I think James was a great player for Iowa, but real Hawk fans will understand what that means.

The only thing more ridiculous than his behavior is the response of some hawk fans, miller included.

The only thing more ridiculous than his behavior is the response of some hawk fans, miller included.

You are kidding right? If Fran did that same thing, bragged up getting Woody from UNC, and flipped the bird to the media at the same time, Clone fans would still be ranting about today.

You are kidding right? If Fran did that same thing, bragged up getting Woody from UNC, and flipped the bird to the media at the same time, Clone fans would still be ranting about today.

Miller said it was one of the biggest central iowa sports stories in history. A little levity here.

I hated that he did it. But nobody outside of message boards will care before we know it.

Miller said it was one of the biggest central iowa sports stories in history. A little levity here.

I hated that he did it. But nobody outside of message boards will care before we know it.

You could say the same thing about Fran being ejected from a BB game. Nobody outside the message boards care. Yet according to Cyclone fans say he is a national embarrassment.

Clone fans aren't embarrassed by it, and I don't believe that you "hate" what he did. If you did, why would you care that a Hawk fan might "hate" it more than you a cyclone fan?

You are right. In a while it will be forgotten, but you can be sure he will do it again.

It affirms what every iowa fan thinks of isu fans and coaches. The department is small time, these rants as well as bad mouthing jan 1 bowls, putting up billboards singling out one game and cconstantly posting contrived videos does little to help.

They provide levity for Iowa fans seemingly on a set schedule.

You are right. In a while it will be forgotten, but you can be sure he will do it again.

It affirms what every iowa fan thinks of isu fans and coaches. The department is small time, these rants as well as bad mouthing jan 1 bowls, putting up billboards singling out one game and cconstantly posting contrived videos does little to help.

They provide levity for Iowa fans seemingly on a set schedule.

to the bolded part: yes he will. it's his "shtick" now.

Exactly!!!! I read all the time how Fran is soooo ridiculous and how Freddie is so calm and cool.
Hypocrites on so many levels.
And I see how overrated our Iowa in state players are in basketball and this kid hasn't played a snap and he's the greatest since slice bread
I guess the attention is needed at a school that can't beat UNI at home
Gluck with North Dakota State

You could say the same thing about Fran being ejected from a BB game. Nobody outside the message boards care. Yet according to Cyclone fans say he is a national embarrassment.

Clone fans aren't embarrassed by it, and I don't believe that you "hate" what he did. If you did, why would you care that a Hawk fan might "hate" it more than you a cyclone fan?

I don't think clone fans are any more embarrassed by it than what Fran does. I am personally a little embarrassed that he felt like that was needed or when malchow wrote the New Year's Day bowl blog. They don't do that crap with basketball and I don't get it here.

I don't think clone fans are any more embarrassed by it than what Fran does. I am personally a little embarrassed that he felt like that was needed or when malchow wrote the New Year's Day bowl blog. They don't do that crap with basketball and I don't get it here.

You do understand that you are the exception, right? Most Clones are cheering this on, and blaming the media for "overreacting".....kind of like you complaining about JD's reaction.

Latest posts