Liam Robbins in Transfer Portal!

Yeah that's what I'd think too. At this point. Before when he went from Drake to MN he still wasn't looked at as a monster of a get (even though he probably shoulda been) so him going there following him made sense. Now the kid has options. He can cherry pick what HE wants. Which is all one can really hope for. I would think Iowa has a lot going for it in regards to instant PT close to home etc etc etc.

Vandy just landed a couple stud recruits. After having a pitiful season. Couple of them really Stackhouse was on the hot seat. I wonder if McDonalds bags were involved with their recruitment... How a program like that lands not 1 but a couple stud recruits with no obvious ties to em is eye brow raising... But that's college hoops

I agree. Yea, the Drake to Minny move is completely understandable, with an uncle there or not. The kid can say he wanted to play in a P5 conference, The Big 10. It's fine that his uncle was there.

But, I'd think now it would look kind of weird him following his uncle to a school that is not a P5, especially when he had success at his last P5 school. Kind of has a needy kind of look or he needs his uncle as a crutch. I don't think that is the case at all with Robbins but to some it might look that way.

I agree. Yea, the Drake to Minny move is completely understandable, with an uncle there or not. The kid can say he wanted to play in a P5 conference, The Big 10. It's fine that his uncle was there.

But, I'd think now it would look kind of weird him following his uncle to a school that is not a P5, especially when he had success at his last P5 school. Kind of has a needy kind of look or he needs his uncle as a crutch. I don't think that is the case at all with Robbins but to some it might look that way.

Vanderbilt is a P5 school, they're in the SEC

I just don't think we've seen enough of Perkins and Ulis to say they can't be a better +/- than Bohannon was this year. I think it's entirely possible we will end up with better all around point guard play next year. That means we will be upgraded at the 1 through 4 spots. Robbins is far from Luka offensively but it sure seems like his defense will help close that gap. If I had to guess I would say last year's team beats next year's team, but they don't have to play each other. If the conference is worse and our 1 plays are better, it could easily make up for us not being as good.
Last year might beat this year. But this year might be built better for NCAA...

We ended up dropping all the way down to 5th so you were right.
Where do you get 5th? We dropped to 13th and I said early on that I thought we were around 12th. You guys just don’t give up. I get it you think we will be good. I hope you are right. I would bet any amount of money that you are willing that we don’t make the tournament though.

Where do you get 5th? We dropped to 13th and I said early on that I thought we were around 12th. You guys just don’t give up. I get it you think we will be good. I hope you are right. I would bet any amount of money that you are willing that we don’t make the tournament though.
I said that before the last poll came out.

The entire Robbins thread just disappeared from HROT. Kind of odd. Makes me wonder if he made a choice that made posters unhappy and they went off on him, but I emphasize, that's just speculation on my part.

The entire Robbins thread just disappeared from HROT. Kind of odd. Makes me wonder if he made a choice that made posters unhappy and they went off on him, but I emphasize, that's just speculation on my part.

Nope. Mods just thought it was getting too personal and suggested the OP back off a bit. Let's not jump off any cliffs just yet.

Shouldn't you wait to see what all the other B1G teams gain/lose? We could have a team that's not great but sail through the non-conf. and do fairly well in conf. play.

The amount of attention some of you are giving vork22 is funny. He predicted the Hawks would finish 5th in the Big Ten, they got 3rd, so he was wrong! :D

I refuse to make any kind of predictions until I know if Wieskamp is back and what the plan is for replacing Garza. I'll feel pretty good about this team if the Hawks were able to land Robbins and even better if Wieskamp came back as well.

The amount of attention some of you are giving vork22 is funny. He predicted the Hawks would finish 5th in the Big Ten, they got 3rd, so he was wrong! :D

I refuse to make any kind of predictions until I know if Wieskamp is back and what the plan is for replacing Garza. I'll feel pretty good about this team if the Hawks were able to land Robbins and even better if Wieskamp came back as well.
Anyone predicting anything for college hoops next yr is just talking out of their ass. There's like over 1100 kids in the transfer portal to get sorted out yet. We have the uncertainty you just mentioned of JW (most likely he's gone) I don't think JBo has decided yet either. I mean this team can look drastically different in a few ways. I'm not sure what our ceiling would be with Robbins and say JW but for us to reach it those two dominos falling our way is what'd have to happen to reach it.

LOL, how do you know he predicted we'd finish 5th? Do you keep records?

OK. I have had it with the Nebbie bashing! They won a championship! OK. So, it was bowling. (True story)