Liam Robbins in Transfer Portal!

ssckelley

This needs it's own thread. With Garza graduated and Nunge leaving Robbins would be at the top of my want list. He defended Garza quite well and would fill his shoes nicely.

Can Fran get the job done? Come home Liam!

Some in Minnesota think he may be headed to Tennessee based on some tweets, one where he congratulated a new assistant in Knoxville.

Robbins would be an ideal fit for our team and there's plenty of minutes to be had.

It was interesting in the article that his uncle, who lost his job when Pitino got fired, found out yesterday, Monday, that he didn't get the head job at Utah St. The next day Liam enters the portal. Will where his uncle goes make a difference? Can he do better than Iowa? Does it really matter to him to play close to home? Was he a Hawk fan growing up? Lots of questions to be answered.

Now there's increasing talk on Gopherhole that they think he's headed to IOWA.
I have no idea what he’s going to do. I said weeks ago I hoped he would come to Iowa...not a prediction just hopeful. I honestly believe he elevates us to conference contender...highly probable top 4.

Side Note - It could make the difference in what a couple other Hawks do. And it could impact what a couple other transfers do.

I have no idea what he’s going to do. I said weeks ago I hoped he would come to Iowa...not a prediction just hopeful. I honestly believe he elevates us to conference contender...highly probable top 4.

Side Note - It could make the difference in what a couple other Hawks do. And it could impact what a couple other transfers do.
Curious- not sure what impact it would have on existing team, we had a big to follow Garza, but w/ Nunge transferring, we have an open spot with limited competition for it. If anything, Ogundele would benefit from further mentorship. Besides, if ever there was a time to "sell" a big on the opportunity I cannot think of one- I mean, our last center won every meaningful award possible.

LOLOLOLOL.

We were barely a top 4 in the B1G with the unanimous national POY.

Yeah, but if we get Bohannon back and Joe W is back and Illinois and Michigan lose all their good players and everyone on Indiana transfers out and their roster is filled out with Valparaiso level players and Nebraska stays down and Minnesota is a tire fire after the coaching change, I think there's a good chance we could get a bye (not a double bye) in the BTT. Maybe we could wind up say 5th or 6th and then get the second game against either the 3 or 4 and Fran might pull off back to back wins in the tournament. I'd say 6th in the conference and 2 wins in the BTT would be a really successful season.

LOLOLOLOL.

No crap WindsorHawk. I understand your excitement but pull back the reigns a little bit. He no doubt would be a great benefit as a veteran with experience and experience against others in the BIG 10, but it doesn't automatically make Iowa a contender because he's on the roster.

Yeah, but if we get Bohannon back and Joe W is back and Illinois and Michigan lose all their good players and everyone on Indiana transfers out and their roster is filled out with Valparaiso level players and Nebraska stays down and Minnesota is a tire fire after the coaching change, I think there's a good chance we could get a bye (not a double bye) in the BTT. Maybe we could wind up say 5th or 6th and then get the second game against either the 3 or 4 and Fran might pull off back to back wins in the tournament. I'd say 6th in the conference and 2 wins in the BTT would be a really successful season.

I see what you did there.

No crap WindsorHawk. I understand your excitement but pull back the reigns a little bit. He no doubt would be a great benefit as a veteran with experience and experience against others in the BIG 10, but it doesn't automatically make Iowa a contender because he's on the roster.
Dang, normally I'm the one asking WH to pull back the reigns but in this case I think he's right. Liam would step right into where Garza left off, if Iowa can get Wieskamp back I think they are a contender next season. At least top 5.

Dang, normally I'm the one asking WH to pull back the reigns but in this case I think he's right. Liam would step right into where Garza left off, if Iowa can get Wieskamp back I think they are a contender next season. At least top 5.
We need Toussaint or Ulis to step up to a middle of the pack level point guard and im in too. I think CJ, Wieskamp, and Murray would be in the top 3 for a 2,3,4 combo. Liam could probably be a top 4 center. Then after looking what every other team lost, we would look like a top 4 team for sure.

Literally every team but Purdue is getting a whole new starting 5 next year. It's crazy.

LOLOLOLOL.

This is so true! People just don’t realize that the team was all Garza. JBo and Weezy could come back and we would still be an NIT team.

We need Toussaint or Ulis to step up to a middle of the pack level point guard and im in too. I think CJ, Wieskamp, and Murray would be in the top 3 for a 2,3,4 combo. Liam could probably be a top 4 center. Then after looking what every other team lost, we would look like a top 4 team for sure.

Literally every team but Purdue is getting a whole new starting 5 next year. It's crazy.

Yep, and I see Patrick stepping up next year. He is damn good and may even step into the starting rotation if Wieskamp does move on.

Hopefully Toussaint or Ulis can step up, otherwise I see Connor stepping back into that PG role.

Latest posts