Let's get the pulse on tonight

Will Iowa win on the road tonight @ Indiana

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jordan scored the last 11 points, in the last 1:34 of the game.

Make your free throws, don't turn the ball over - and the refs can't steal the game from you.
I held my breath when Connor came close to the five second call before getting the timeout.

I held my breath most of the second half. We won a game we lose two times out of three in the Fran era.

Hopefully he keeps getting better because a senior Bohannon might be off the charts with confidence.

He has made good strides each year ball handling wise. He is down to 1.5 TO/G this year, and he really can handle the pressure teams try to put on him clear out to 1/2 court.

The other crazy thing is even though Jordan has struggled with his shot this year, after this game he will be at 40% for the year from 3. That is what he and us Hawk fans consider struggling for him. :eek:

@Ohio State certainly doesn't scare me. Neither does @Nebraska. Maryland will be tough in addition to the game at Wisconsin that you referenced. But I have it from on high; we're going to stomp a mudhole in Maryland. And we still get Rutgers? Twice? 10-10 is starting to look conservative.

Maryland at Carver should be ours, but it will be tough

We owe them big time for the Thug Game last season at their house

Wisconsin will be tough but we should be able to beat them. We are certainly a better team than we were the first game

Rutgers away will be a tough game. I am a bit apprehensive about that one

We certainly should have the ten wins nobody thought we would have before the first game

Life is Good right now

Something was fishy with those zebras tonight. It's almost like Delaney pulled them aside before the game and said, "we need to get 9 teams in the dance, make it happen".
There was a member of the tournament selection committee in attendance. They had a mock selection in Indianapolis earlier this week.

Is this really a Fran team? He sure had this type of team baking in the oven for a long time...

Another gritty win this season. They only scored 31 in the 2nd but they were meaningful and really extended each possession to keep the game under control.

This year Is easily his best coaching - from settling into the zone and focusing on getting really good at it to the more disciplined use of the bench to actually using some time outs to settle down or offer a little coaching.

The team almost went haywire about a month ago but it’s obvious they refocused and “relaxed”.

Good job, Hawks and a bone to the Fran, too!

Now, don’t F it up with one of those :eek::rolleyes::mad: losses.

Basically without Garza too

Yep, the nice thing about the makeup of this team is that we can have a off night be 2 of the starters and overcome it. Moss and Garza didn't have good games, but Cook and Jordan had HUGE games. Against Michigan Moss and Cook had off nights and Garza, Wieskamp and Kriener had big game. It is nice having every player in your starting lineup being capable for going off for 20+ on any given night.

Bohannon the hero, but the fadeaway by Cook was the key shot of the game.
I think this is the best overall game Cook has played at Iowa. I'm serious!
He was in control, I don't recall any turnovers (could be wrong), made his free throws, exuded confidence and showed the whole arsenal of his game on offense.
Joe Smooth carried us first, Cook stepped up big time throughout and JBo took over when we needed it most.
JBo likely B1G Player o' The Week!!

Another gritty win this season. They only scored 31 in the 2nd but they were meaningful and really extended each possession to keep the game under control.

This year Is easily his best coaching - from settling into the zone and focusing on getting really good at it to the more disciplined use of the bench to actually using some time outs to settle down or offer a little coaching.

The team almost went haywire about a month ago but it’s obvious they refocused and “relaxed”.

They've put themselves in position where one of those :eek::rolleyes::mad: losses shouldn't hurt them too much.

Everyone is wary of @Rutgers. Judging from the comments on this board about 90% of them were wary of this game, forgetting that Indiana had lost seven straight for a reason.

He has made good strides each year ball handling wise. He is down to 1.5 TO/G this year, and he really can handle the pressure teams try to put on him clear out to 1/2 court.

The other crazy thing is even though Jordan has struggled with his shot this year, after this game he will be at 40% for the year from 3. That is what he and us Hawk fans consider struggling for him. :eek:
His % in B1G play is 43.5% after tonight. The shots he takes aren’t easy shot either. Defenders are always out on him which frees up room for Garza and Cook.

I believe this is his best team

Better than the 2015/16 team that was ranked number one by KenPom for a week before the fadeaway the second half tof the conference season

He seems to have corrected all the negative factors that have plagued us before

The turnaround on D is almost astronomical in comparison to last season

Last edited: