Let's get the pulse on tonight

Will Iowa win on the road tonight @ Indiana

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They've put themselves in position where one of those :eek::rolleyes::mad: losses shouldn't hurt them too much.

Everyone is wary of @Rutgers. Judging from the comments on this board about 90% of them were wary of this game, forgetting that Indiana had lost seven straight for a reason.

They lost 7 straight in part due to injuries though. They're finally getting healthy and they will be dangerous down the stretch

His % in B1G play is 43.5% tonight. The shots he takes aren’t easy shot either. Defenders are always out on him which frees up room for Garza and Cook.

I was going to mention that as well, that he rarely gets a really open 3. Well I should rephrase that, he does get some open 3's from 25', but that is about it.

@Ohio State certainly doesn't scare me. Neither does @Nebraska. Maryland will be tough in addition to the game at Wisconsin that you referenced. But I have it from on high; we're going to stomp a mudhole in Maryland. And we still get Rutgers? Twice? 10-10 is starting to look conservative.
One game at a time, Rutgers played Michigan close, Nebby was ranked earlier this season, and Wisky is always tough at home. Not to mention we play this team again. I like Iowa to win the home games but I never expect to win a Big road game because of the homerism in this league. Iowa has three road games already, we are definitely playing with house money now. Got tickets for Maryland they were going cheap, and picked up tickets for Indiana, can't wait to go, better start looking for those Des Moines tickets.

They lost 7 straight in part due to injuries though. They're finally getting healthy and they will be dangerous down the stretch
We made them look discombobulated on offense. We were digging in. They beat us with some athletic plays, like Morgan's putback dunk, but lacked consistent flow.

We were in passing lanes all night.

It would have been beyond a crying shame to piss this effort away and lose this game.

One game at a time, Rutgers played Michigan close, Nebby was ranked earlier this season, and Wisky is always tough at home. Not to mention we play this team again. I like Iowa to win the home games but I never expect to win a Big road game because of the homerism in this league. Iowa has three road games already, we are definitely playing with house money now. Got tickets for Maryland they were going cheap, and picked up tickets for Indiana, can't wait to go, better start looking for those Des Moines tickets.
It's almost a done deal that I will be there for Rutgers. I went to the Illinois game a few weeks ago.

Everybody is playing somebody close. It's the nature of the league this year.

OK one game at a time. Northwestern is next. Garza will abuse them.

Last edited:
Have to put one more message in

To get those 4 sixes

Over and out for tonight. Lads

This one was satisfying especially following the Michigan Win

I think this is the best overall game Cook has played at Iowa. I'm serious!
He was in control, I don't recall any turnovers (could be wrong), made his free throws, exuded confidence and showed the whole arsenal of his game on offense.
Joe Smooth carried us first, Cook stepped up big time throughout and JBo took over when we needed it most.
JBo likely B1G Player o' The Week!!
And Indiana was playing much better defense in the second half, until the last two minutes.

Tyler and JBo HUGE!

He's a solid role player. Sure wish he could hit the 3 ball better but his defense is solid.
He had a vicious in and out 3 that would have been good for him. Wieskamp had one too and Baer had 2 of them. This game could have easily been a blow out. The hawks played good enough for it to be one.

People were worried about this game because they knew it was going to be really hard to win there. It was. They won anyway. That doesn't mean people were wrong to be nervous about this one.
We weren't wrong. And I was nervous. I was so nervous late I could barely type. But JBo wasnt and that's what matters most. He had ice water in his veins last night. His late daggers were reminiscent of Yogi Farrell in Carver a few years ago.