Let's get it rolling early today - Iowa at MSU Game Thread

Keep hating. Go follow ISU. Bye bye.
Curious, why do you feel like you have to rub it in on everyone? I'm man enough to say I was wrong tonight and I'm extremely glad to be wrong. There is hope for another day that the NCAAs are not quite yet out of reach.

I don't think it was unreasonable to expect an L, but they went out and took it to MSU at their place. Always a good win there.

And.......hey they needed this win to keep it going. 1 loss in the upcoming games can still derail this (sans winning the BTT). So, I would not also get on your high horse there as well.

Hell freezes over if they get out of the Orange Crush with a W.

We can dream for another day.

Last edited:
Curious, why do you feel like you have to rub it in on everyone? I'm man enough to say I was wrong tonight and I'm extremely glad to be wrong. There is hope for another day that the NCAAs are not quite yet out of reach.

I don't think it was unreasonable to expect an L, but they went out and took it to MSU at their place. Always a good win there.

And.......hey they needed this win to keep it going. 1 loss in the upcoming games can still derail this (sans winning the BTT). So, I would not also get on your high horse there as well.

Hell freezes over if they get of the Orange Crush with a W.

We can dream for another day.
You miss the point. I enjoy Iowa basket ball in the years they go to the Big Dance, which is a regular occurrence. What you miss with your total focus on winning is the joy of watching Hawkeye basketball, win or lose. So many good players, so many great games, so much enjoyment being in CHA, or Kinnick, for that matter. So go ahead and focus your attention based on wins vs losses. You will, however, miss the total experience of watching young men and women compete with great passion. I feel sorry for you and your crowd. Yup. I will rub it in when I have a chance. You have an ignore button. Push it.

Fran supporters pushed to the edge this season, he’s doing a fucking amazing job all things considering. Let’s watch it unfold.

You miss the point. I enjoy Iowa basket ball in the years they go to the Big Dance, which is a regular occurrence. What you miss with your total focus on winning is the joy of watching Hawkeye basketball, win or lose. So many good players, so many great games, so much enjoyment being in CHA, or Kinnick, for that matter. So go ahead and focus your attention based on wins vs losses. You will, however, miss the total experience of watching young men and women compete with great passion. I feel sorry for you and your crowd. Yup. I will rub it in when I have a chance. You have an ignore button. Push it.
Why would I want to ignore you? We have enough strong-arm tactics out there to sensor and delete.....I don't buy into ignoring each other.

Ok, feel free to enjoy rubbing it in if that makes you feel good. Question, is rubbing it in better, or consuming some of that Carver Cream after standing in the long lines of blue hairs and parents with kids? Myself, I would probably take the Carver Cream.

Interesting take. Kind of like riding in your favorite car and enjoying your experience. Great to go out with on your Sunday drive with your wife looking at the sites around town and beyond. Don't let the fact that your car needs an oil change, your tire pressure is low, and you might need a front end alignment take away from favorite car and your driving experiences. Also, don't be tempted by the numerous upgrades on the lot. Just drive it to the wheels fly off 20 years later. ;) Hell, you might even save some money doing it that way.

Kind of sounds like the old age fan argument here. What makes you a good fan.....a lifelong fan that accept everything blindly......or be a lifelong fan that has conditions? We can probably guess what Gary Barta liked (and probably most ADs) makes their lives a lot easier.

Last edited:
I note that Iowa's bench out scored MSU's by 2pts. Iowa held Walker to 16. Dix guarded him well. I thought that was key. Iowa held its own on rebounds, which can be a horrible problem when they don't. Overall, best road win. The @Illinois game comes next. I hope Freeman stays out of foul trouble.

Hear me out - Michigan State is coming off a road win against their rival (Michigan) and has their other rival (Ohio State) coming up this weekend. Trap game? They've also won 6 straight, even great teams go through dips - I feel like MSU is ripe for the taking.

Obviously, I don't give Iowa much of a shot tonight, but hey, backs are up against the wall and I always hate when Iowa plays teams with their backs against the wall

Just finished watching the replay and apparently they are up to the task

They are developing a tough team personality

And a serious Team concept

Fran is actually coaching quite well, somewhat restrained and keeping his Cool
A Huge Win on the road at Lansing

Without Owen Freeman playing, sitting on the bench hampered by touch fouls

These Cats are getting into the groove at crunch time

My wife just suggested i throw my tantrum now, forego watching, and just go on hulu and re-watch Fargo season 5. She clearly doesn't understand the masochism involved in being a hawk fan!

Fargo Season 5 was outstanding

There are those who couldn't watch it

I would rather suffer watching a loss and bear the pain

One of the qualities of being a rabid Hawkeye Fan

Old man rant

F*ckin forgot this was on Peacock.

Old man rant over.

Yeah, I pay 5/6 dollars for Peacock and can watch Oppenheimer again after seeing it at IMAX

If one watches the replay as I had to do tonite, you can fast forward thru the commercials if you
start before the commercials start, when the teams are walking to the bench

Dix needs to get back in the game and Patrick is being the clutch guy he is at times

Dix has to develop a shooters mentality

He has a deadly three and can drive, stop and launch a FG also

Just needs to do it much more often

He is an essential factor on the team

Last edited:
Dix has to develop a shooters mentality

He has a deadly three and can drive, stop and launch a FG also

Just needs to do it much more ofter

He is an essential factor on the team
Yes but Dix needs a bit of space to successfully launch these. He has no Sanford quick release, but he has the accuracy if given enough time. A quicker jump/release is something he can develop as he goes.

Latest posts