Lebron > Jordan?

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Pippen said this on Mike and Mike today:

"Michael Jordan is probably the greatest scorer to ever play in the game, but I may go as far to say LeBron James is probably the greatest player to ever play the game. Not only can he score at will, but he keeps everybody involved. You have to be on your Ps and Qs because everybody is a threat to score when he’s on the floor. Not only that, LeBron James will dominate the game on the offensive end and he’s able to do it on the defensive end as well. He can get in those passing lanes and dominate the game.â€￾

The bold might be seen as a shot at MJ from Pippen, IMO....

What do you think?

If I had to pick one of the two, I'd take Jordan. I think the league was better in the 80's and 90's than it is now (better in the 80's than in the 90's). But Lebron has a few more years to go and can move it up another level.

Heck, is Lebron better than Kobe was in his prime?

Jon, why did you have to start this? All this is going to do is bring out all the heat haters and let them whine and moan.

Anywho. I dont think Lebron is better than Jordan yet, but he can be.

As far as what Pippen said being a shot at Jordan, I dont think it was. I think he was just trying to talk up Lebrons passing ability. You dont see too many SF's able to lead their team in scoring and assits.

Jordan. He was a great defender as well. Pippen makes a good point though about getting teammates involved. I marveled at Jordan and I don't at James. Don't get me wrong James is great and definitely the best player in the game today.

Lebron's a better athlete. Jordan's a better player.

And the NBA is 10X better now than it ever was in the 90's

It would've been interesting to see how LBJ handled the Bad Boy Pistons and the Knicks. Hand checking and contact allowed in those days.

Jordan couldn't keep everyone else involved because they were not good enough. I know Pippen was a top 50 player, but that's crap. He got to ride the coattails of Jordan and when Pippen moved on to other teams, he was nowhere near a top 50 player.

Heck, Pippen didn't even have confidence in himself. That's why he sat out those infamous 1.8 seconds and let Kukoc take the shot. Pippen was good, but overrated in my opinion.

SCOREBOARD LEBRON! 0 championships means you and Marino can have dinner together. This is all.

Agree with Pip. By the time it is said and done Lebron will be the best all around player ever. Lebron now > Kobe's prime and it's not even close. Kobe has never and will never make his teammmates better. Lebron can control a game without scoring. Only Magic, Lebron, Oscar and Bird have been able to do that.

This is correct. Plus, how can people say Lebron is a better athlete, I don't get it?

What's so hard to get, what do you base athleticism on? Can Jordan play 4 different positions? Can he chase down a guy from half court and smack the ball into the stands?

By no means do I think Lebron is better then Jordan yet. Maybe in 10 years from now that might change. However, I do think Lebron is leaps and bounds a better athlete then Jordan.

1) Jordan
2) Kobe

Thats the list so far. When Bron wins a couple rings then we can chat about his place in history.

Agree with Pip. By the time it is said and done Lebron will be the best all around player ever. Lebron now > Kobe's prime and it's not even close. Kobe has never and will never make his teammmates better. Lebron can control a game without scoring. Only Magic, Lebron, Oscar and Bird have been able to do that.

And Tiger was going to win 20+ majors. If Lebron stays healthy and wins multiple championships, then let's have the conversation. I think Jordan did just fine making his teammates better the fact that he wouldn't let them lose, Lebron doesn't have that attitude and that is why I'll take Jordan in every conversation.

What's so hard to get, what do you base athleticism on? Can Jordan play 4 different positions? Can he chase down a guy from half court and smack the ball into the stands?

By no means do I think Lebron is better then Jordan yet. Maybe in 10 years from now that might change. However, I do think Lebron is leaps and bounds a better athlete then Jordan.

This is such a stupid argument and happens all the time. When is the last time you saw Lebron play the 4 spot? Jordan played 1,2, and 3. Jordan was chasing guys down when Lebron was in his crib. Give me a break.

If Lebron would have stuck it out in Cleveland and won some championships, he would have a great argument as the best ever. However, he took the easy way out and teamed up with two other olympians in order to have success at a team level.

Jordan transformed the bulls into who they were...James had the opportunity to do that, but passed.

Lebron should have a lot of assists considering the guys he is passing to are a bunch of all stars or ex all stars.

If Lebron would have stuck it out in Cleveland and won some championships, he would have a great argument as the best ever. However, he took the easy way out and teamed up with two other olympians in order to have success at a team level.

Jordan transformed the bulls into who they were...James had the opportunity to do that, but passed.

Lebron should have a lot of assists considering the guys he is passing to are a bunch of all stars or ex all stars.

Nicely done.

Latest posts