lebron is the greatest athlete ever

I think Lebron is a better athlete than Bo Jackson. He may not play multiple sports like Jackson did, but he's certainly capable of it. It's just hard to quantify something like that because he only plays basketball. I know people will disagree with me, but I think if Lebron ever stepped onto a football field he would immediately make an impact. The guy doesn't tell people how much he weighs, but I don't think there is a player in the NFL that matches Lebron's combination of size, speed, strength, and athleticism. He's basically a bigger and stronger version of Terrell Owens, and he isn't half the headache.

It's my opinion that LeBron could have been the best TE in the history of football. He's basically a bigger and faster version of Antonio Gates or Tony Gonzalez.

Best Abe Lincoln Chin Beard:

1. Abe Lincoln.
2. BRON.
3. _________________
nba_g_harden_d1_576.jpg

Who's this Lincoln Dude......

:D

We all know who BRON's mama thinks is teh best athlete ever.

original.0

I think Lebron is a better athlete than Bo Jackson. He may not play multiple sports like Jackson did, but he's certainly capable of it. It's just hard to quantify something like that because he only plays basketball. I know people will disagree with me, but I think if Lebron ever stepped onto a football field he would immediately make an impact. The guy doesn't tell people how much he weighs, but I don't think there is a player in the NFL that matches Lebron's combination of size, speed, strength, and athleticism. He's basically a bigger and stronger version of Terrell Owens, and he isn't half the headache.
It's my opinion that LeBron could have been the best TE in the history of football. He's basically a bigger and faster version of Antonio Gates or Tony Gonzalez.

so you think he is rob gronkowski?

"....greatest athlete ever"

Hyperbole is awesome...... when used properly, like to prove a point. To say it and believe it true would be improper usage. No doubt he's a physical speciman, but in my short life time I'm guessing Bo Jackson or Herschel Walker or Wilt Chamberlain or <list goes on> could give him a run for his money as an athlete.

I think Gronkowski is a pretty good comparison. He's used in a way that I could see Lebron being used on the football field. I think Lebron is probably a bit quicker, and he certainly has more overall athleticism. No way Gronk can jump like Lebron can. However, I don't think Lebron would be able to block as well as Gronk.

Lebron would be a match-up nightmare for NFL LB's and safeties. He'd out-run most of them and he'd out-jump all of them. I think he'd be a great fit in an offense like NE or NO. Can you imagine Tom Brady or Drew Brees having Lebron as a weapon at their disposal?

Jim Brown, Jim Thorpe, and Jesse Owens might have a say or two toward greatest athlete ever. For chrissakes, Lebron just won his first championship, he has the potential to go down as one of the greatest basketball players of all time, but seriously. Do you think he could survive one training day with the world's greatest decathletes?

Of course Bo Jackson would have to be near the top of the list as well, he actually won 2 state decathlon championships and if he would have focused on that very well could have been an Olympic medalist.

put bob gibson or jim brown in the discussion. gibson was one of the greatest pitchers ever and a great basketball player that played for the globetrotters when they were still more basketball than entertainment. jim brown is one of the greatest rbs ever and considered by many the greatest lacrosse player ever.

the arguement is completely subjective. lebron is a great athlete but to say he would be better than tony gonzalez is a complete crock as you dont know. i doubt he could throw 95+ and cause mlb to change a major rule because he is so dominant (gibson had that happen to him). lebron is a top 5 basketball player ever...i dont want to get into an mj or magic arguement but we have no idea if he could actually dominate other sports...jackson, brown, gibson did.

Jim Brown, Jim Thorpe, and Jesse Owens might have a say or two toward greatest athlete ever. For chrissakes, Lebron just won his first championship, he has the potential to go down as one of the greatest basketball players of all time, but seriously. Do you think he could survive one training day with the world's greatest decathletes?

Of course Bo Jackson would have to be near the top of the list as well, he actually won 2 state decathlon championships and if he would have focused on that very well could have been an Olympic medalist.

I agree with what you're saying. I also like the above poster's mention of Hershel Walker. Everyone you mentioned were tremendous athletes as well. Accomplishment wise... Lebron isn't even close yet. I certainly get that. However, for me the difference between Lebron and everyone you've mentioned is his combination of size and athleticism. None of the athletes you mentioned are near Lebron's size. For him to stand 6 ft 8 and do what he does athletically is nothing short of remarkable.

Put the "BRON could be an all-pro tight end in teh NFL" nonsense to rest right now. Dude could not take the beating that an NFL player receives week after week.
He's simply not anywhere near mentally tough enough. Flops and cries like a baby when he gets a leg cramp. Now imagine him getting crushed by LBs and DBs.

I think Gronkowski is a pretty good comparison. He's used in a way that I could see Lebron being used on the football field. I think Lebron is probably a bit quicker, and he certainly has more overall athleticism. No way Gronk can jump like Lebron can. However, I don't think Lebron would be able to block as well as Gronk.

Lebron would be a match-up nightmare for NFL LB's and safeties. He'd out-run most of them and he'd out-jump all of them. I think he'd be a great fit in an offense like NE or NO. Can you imagine Tom Brady or Drew Brees having Lebron as a weapon at their disposal?

It would be almost as sweet as when Prime Time played wideout in the NFL. Dude was unstoppable. Deion could not play today because all of his TDs would have gotten called back. Dude was so fast he high stepped from the 20 or beyond. Stupid taunting and unsportsmanlike conduct rules.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWNh_SEkE3o]Deion Sanders: Touchdowns - YouTube[/ame]

Hey OK4P, did you defend Prime Time in a court of law after he was arrested for trespassing with intent to fish?

Put the "BRON could be an all-pro tight end in teh NFL" nonsense to rest right now. Dude could not take the beating that an NFL player receives week after week.
He's simply not anywhere near mentally tough enough. Flops and cries like a baby when he gets a leg cramp. Now imagine him getting crushed by LBs and DBs.

Amen. There was a documentary about the real LT and dudes from the UNC basketball squad said he was more athletic than them but didn't have the jumpshot to play basketball. LT in his prime would have punished Bron coming across the middle. Ruined him.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUIf5m0bgu0]Joe Theismanns Leg Break Vid - YouTube[/ame]

BRON is gonna win Le Tour de France this year, and he ain't doping.

What is funny is that going into last night Lebron was considered overrated as a player and couldn't finish. Opinion's fly with the wind.

I saw on Sportscenter this morning they are now talking about Durrant being the best player in the league without a Championship. WOW...seriously? STFU!

There's a difference between recognizing that LeBron is the greatest physical specimen ever, and pointing out his struggles closing out the big games (prior to this year's Finals) and calling him overrated because of it. There's more to being a great player than just physical talent. And I've seen very few people deny that he's one of the most physically gifted athlete the world has ever seen.

Latest posts