Leach Fired

Cyclones17

What a joke this is. This is going to get very ugly for Texas Tech. Firing a coach for doing nothing wrong, and who do they thing will do better?

ESPN reporting it, but they probably are just catching up. TT Rivals is reporting it. As are others.

I really think they wanted him gone...unless this was a pattern of bullying, it can't be THE reason for firing their most successful coach ever.

Were I Florida, I would be on the phone to Leach today. I don't think Meyer is going to coach again, and I think his flip-flop was to hold together this year's recruiting class.

There have been strained relations between TTU and Leach. It peaked last when he didn't want to sign the contract extension they provided. There is some history there. Good move on their part because they should easily get someone else to come in and do what Leach has for them.

There have been strained relations between TTU and Leach. It peaked last when he didn't want to sign the contract extension they provided. There is some history there. Good move on their part because they should easily get someone else to come in and do what Leach has for them.

Wow!

84-43 record and last year was College football coach of the year

Texas Tech won't get anybody that comes close to Leach. No big time college coach will want to go to a school that just treated their previous head coach like TT treated Leach.

Last edited:

Someone can easily come to Lubbock and compete with Texas, Oklahoma, et al??? Really?

I hear ya, but easily?

Texas Tech is setting themselves up for one MAJOR lawsuit today. What a bogus job the college did right there, good luck getting a decent coach who is going to want to go there after this BS.

Leach has the most wins of any coach in Texas Tech History.:eek:

Leach 10 Seasons- 84-43

Last edited:
Have you guys seen video of this so called dark closet? It is a garage that is 100 ft from the practice field. It has a fan, ice maker, and it sounds like he had trainers sitting in there with him

The 'genius' ain't lookin real smart, this week.

Mangino maybe on their short-list in Lubbock?

You know, 'everything is Big in Texas'!

Does anyone else find it funny that they fired Leach for having "issues" with a player(s), yet they hired Bobby Knight who was fired from his previous job for having "issues" with a player(s)?

Latest posts