Leach Fired

Hahahahahaha Wow!

84-43 record and last year was College football coach of the year

Texas Tech won't get anybody that comes close to Leach. No big time college coach will want to go to a school that just treated their previous head coach like TT treated Leach.

I totally agree with you on this. Any coach would think twice or thrice before even interviewing at Tech after this.

As for Leach, I don't think he'll struggle to find work. Florida, as others have mentioned, would be highly unlkely IMHO.

But there are other schools out there that could use a coach - how has Cincy's search panned out? They are in a BcS conference, and was willing to make Kelly the highest paid coach in the Big E before he bolted.

What about Buffalo? On solid ground after Gill.

There will be opportunities, and as a proven winner he will land somewhere.

Does anyone else find it funny that they fired Leach for having "issues" with a player(s), yet they hired Bobby Knight who was fired from his previous job for having "issues" with a player(s)?

Yeah this is going to end up costing the school a ton of money.....if they think the 800k they didn't want to pay him tomorrow was to much wait till he gets done with them in a lawsuit.

Does anyone else find it funny that they fired Leach for having "issues" with a player(s), yet they hired Bobby Knight who was fired from his previous job for having "issues" with a player(s)?

Yeah, I was just thinking that. I wonder if Knight will come out publicly with his opinion on this situation.

With what happened at Kansas, where a Football Coach gets fired for being 'insensitive' and now this at Texas Tech.........

I think it's fair to say that College Administrators have gotten Trigger happy!?!

There is definately something fishy going on with this whole situation. Besides some hearsay nobody has come out with some solid facts behind what he was accused of. I really think Leach got jobbed really bad by the university and possibly the James' family was in on it.

There is definately something fishy going on with this whole situation. Besides some hearsay nobody has come out with some solid facts behind what he was accused of. I really think Leach got jobbed really bad by the university and possibly the Jones' family was in on it.

The Jones family?

Jesus Christ. The Big 12 is just retarded sometimes.

They Take the best coach in Kansas History...fire him because "he's mean".

They Take the best Coach in Texas Tech History..fire him because "he's mean". (and Craig James said so!)

My God...what a bunch of *******.

Have you guys seen video of this so called dark closet? It is a garage that is 100 ft from the practice field. It has a fan, ice maker, and it sounds like he had trainers sitting in there with him

post it.

this seems like a railroad job with Craig James as the conductor.

This political correct stuff has to end.

This all goes back to how kids are taught in school the last 15 or so years. Hear me out. Now I know child abuse and that kind of stuff is a very serious issue, but in the last few years schools have been preaching to kids that if ANYTHING ever happens to them what-so-ever they need to tell their teacher, principal, whatever. If a kid gets smacked in the rear end for doing something wrong all they need to do is tell their teacher and DHS is all over the parents like stink on poo.

So this attitude gets drug out to college. A coach tries to put some tough love on a kid and they get fired when the kid turns them in for being to rough. Look what Knight did some times, in this day and age he would of been fired over and over. It's getting out of hand.

I totally agree with you on this. Any coach would think twice or thrice before even interviewing at Tech after this.

As for Leach, I don't think he'll struggle to find work. Florida, as others have mentioned, would be highly unlkely IMHO.

But there are other schools out there that could use a coach - how has Cincy's search panned out? They are in a BcS conference, and was willing to make Kelly the highest paid coach in the Big E before he bolted.

What about Buffalo? On solid ground after Gill.

There will be opportunities, and as a proven winner he will land somewhere.

I know Cincy already hired a coach. They went after Central Michigans coach again

I am not sure on Buffalo. I think they hired someone but not sure.

If there are no openings at HC, I wouldnt be surprised to see some big school pay him close to a mil a year to be an Offensive coordinator.

Nebraska? you are kidding right??? Leach will not have to coach for awhile after the settlement is done, guy is going to get some bank for this. I didnt like Craig James before this went down, anybody else see his interview on ESPN???? i felt like I was watching a high school parent.

If there are no openings at HC, I wouldnt be surprised to see some big school pay him close to a mil a year to be an Offensive coordinator.

I had the same thought, the question in my mind is if he'd take a "demotion" to OC. Any school that has an opening for either HC or OC would be nuts to not contact Leach.

He just signed an extension in not too long ago, I wonder what his buyout is?

He won't be unemployed for long.

I think he just signed an extension this past Feb/March timeframe, 5 years for about $12 million. He was due a bonus of $800K on end of business Dec 31 if he was still the coach.

In addition to that, his buyout was $400K per year for each year remaining on his contract. But since Tech is firing him with cause, it sounds like they are trying to get out of that as well.

IMO, I think Tech thinks they got bullied into resigning him, and now have seized an opportunity to not only get rid of him, but avoid paying him per his contract as well. I agree with anyone said that this could get ugly, especially with the absence of substantive details...

I had the same thought, the question in my mind is if he'd take a "demotion" to OC. Any school that has an opening for either HC or OC would be nuts to not contact Leach.

What are the head coach openings right now? I can't think of any of the top of my head

If I were him I'd take TT to the cleaners. Then I would go be a OC at a big time school until a really good job opens up

Just checked out the Texas Tech boards and they are in epic meltdown mode right now. There's a huge thread alone where people are saying they won't renew tix next year. Wouldn't that be something? Having 40,000+ fans all give a big "f" you to the administration by not buying tix...

Latest posts