Leach Fired

Allow me to be the first to nominate Leach for Iowa OC.

Second, ESPN should not allow Craig James to "plead" his case on SportsCenter, especially if there are still legal proceedings that need to be sorted out.

+ eleventy billion

Especially after, according to one poster, KOK leaves to take the head job at Florida...

its pretty telling that all the players are happy what has happened.

How are people defending what happened?

The training rooms in any big 12 football facility have to be amazing.

Why not go to the training room?

its pretty telling that all the players are happy what has happened.

How are people defending what happened?

The training rooms in any big 12 football facility have to be amazing.

Why not go to the training room?

Um all the players are NOT happy this happened, they talked to 2 bench warmers who get very little playing time. Those are the clowns who looked silly saying what they said...talk to starters and former starters see what they said...oh wait the former players already said their piece and Adam James is nothing more than a lazy punk kid.

It's also pretty funny how ESPN was tip toeing around the situation during last nights game. Flower was quick to turn the subject elsewhere. What a one sided affair ESPN put forth, which is obviously not surprising. Way to go Craig James, ya POS.

Isn't it funny that during a controversy that involves an ESPN employee, they treat him with kid gloves, and don't feel its "appropriate" to talk to him about it while he does his job. Yet if a coach was rumored to be looking at another job, they would ask him about it, before the game, during halftime, and right after the game, hounding him all the time.

It's also pretty funny how ESPN was tip toeing around the situation during last nights game. Flower was quick to turn the subject elsewhere. What a one sided affair ESPN put forth, which is obviously not surprising. Way to go Craig James, ya POS.

Isn't it funny that during a controversy that involves an ESPN employee, they treat him with kid gloves, and don't feel its "appropriate" to talk to him about it while he does his job. Yet if a coach was rumored to be looking at another job, they would ask him about it, before the game, during halftime, and right after the game, hounding him all the time.

Funny, in a sad sort of way...I listened Mike & Mike this morning and Kuselias and Schlereth were tripping over themselves in defense of James.

There is little doubt in my mind that when it's all said and done Leach will have some level of culpability in this, but it's irritating to see the one-sided, finger-pointing approach that ESPN has taken in its reporting of this.

I'll reserve final judgment when the facts are out, but in the meantime I am leaning toward devil's advocate for the Leach camp due to TTU and ESPN.

The thing that got me was the sad music ESPN had playing in the background during halftime of last nights game. Did anyone else catch that? Give me a break.

He wasn't in charge of young people. He was in charge of a young adult who chose to subject himself to the college football culture. A culture where practices like this aren't uncommon. What's important here is that the individual wasn't forced to do anything. He could quit at any time. He wasn't locked in. He wasn't in danger. He wasn't being subjected to any kind of physical or even psychological harm.

That is where it becomes apples and oranges. A professor couldn't do something like this because it's not part of the culture. In football, things like this are very much part of the culture.

And, in fact, if you read the comments from Leach's lawyers, it sounds very much like Leach had the kids health and interest at heart providing him a trainer and ice and a cool place to stay.

So, it kind of depends on the facts here. But even worst case scenario...this didn't warrant firing.

If you read what Leach's lawyers say? LOL! You have no knowledge of what really happened because you weren't there. You simply cannot say he wasn't locked, wasn't in danger, wasn't subjected to any harm etc. because you don't know that. Obviously something is very wrong here, or Leach wouldn't have gotten fired. Period.

If you read what Leach's lawyers say? LOL! You have no knowledge of what really happened because you weren't there.

Exactly my point to you...you are making a man guilty without hearing all the facts and taking the other side of the story.

You simply cannot say he wasn't locked, wasn't in danger, wasn't subjected to any harm etc. because you don't know that. Obviously something is very wrong here, or Leach wouldn't have gotten fired. Period.

Oh, but it's okay for YOU to pass judgment against Leach based on the information released by "a source close to the family". I see.

If you read what Leach's lawyers say? LOL! You have no knowledge of what really happened because you weren't there. You simply cannot say he wasn't locked, wasn't in danger, wasn't subjected to any harm etc. because you don't know that. Obviously something is very wrong here, or Leach wouldn't have gotten fired. Period.

Um the doctor that look at AUstin said that he was NEVER in any danger, harm, ect ....

The reason Leach got fired is cause the Ttech admins have been looking for a reason to fire him since he signed a contract....

What is absent here is the University's findings. If he was fired, there was something there folks.

What's not absent is the universities reason for the firing which was insubordination because he wouldn't write a letter of apology. That's how they fired him with cause.

Latest posts