Kyle Meyer: OMG

I think a lot of that "afterthoughtiness" can be attributed to how far away he is and a lack of a lot of video of the kid...not because people think he's not very good...they just don't know. As for me, he had me when he signed when I found out that he was a good all around player for the best AAU team in Georgia, despite not much video on him.

Shane, don't rain common sense down on their parade.

FRom what I understand, Kyle is not a back to the basket guy. He is not a 5 he is a 3/4. He has got great moves and he will get his minutes but he is not a 5 regardless of his height.

FRom what I understand, Kyle is not a back to the basket guy. He is not a 5 he is a 3/4. He has got great moves and he will get his minutes but he is not a 5 regardless of his height.

I like the flexibility this team will have next year...it will be able to go small or big to exploit match ups...people keep touting Gesell and Woodbury, which is fine since they're local products, but this class is good all over.

I like the flexibility this team will have next year...it will be able to go small or big to exploit match ups...people keep touting Gesell and Woodbury, which is fine since they're local products, but this class is good all over.

Agree. We aren't just a team of SG's anymore. Finally have some depth and versatility.

CyFan? Not quite my friend. Don't get me mixed up with those idiots. I was being sarcastic. I'm kinda sick of all the "hype" for kids who are still in high school. We see one 30 second frickin highlight and a kid is declared the next MJ, Dr J, Larry Bird, etc. etc. Let's "rate" the kid after he's laced them up for 10 BIG games (or so) and THEN we can start making more rational and problably sensible comments.

CyFan? Not quite my friend. Don't get me mixed up with those idiots. I was being sarcastic. I'm kinda sick of all the "hype" for kids who are still in high school. We see one 30 second frickin highlight and a kid is declared the next MJ, Dr J, Larry Bird, etc. etc. Let's "rate" the kid after he's laced them up for 10 BIG games (or so) and THEN we can start making more rational and problably sensible comments.

Haha...sorry about that! The sarcasm had me thinking in the wrong direction! My most humble apologies...it won't happen again!

Awesome. I love how he isn't afraid to attack on the defensive end. That will seriously help protect our rim... I saw another video showing him drive the baseline, sneak passed a defender and lay it up. Great moves for a guy nearing 7 feet!

Fran kicksass!

If he can block a shot like that under the basket, that will suffice for a 5. He has some good offensive moves for under and around the rim too. He definitely has some 5 skills. That much is blatant...

Good thing Fran's system is not one that really requires a traditional 5 in the post and that there are already two guys to play that role when necessary. Of course there's always that no real true fives in the conference thing as well.

Find it funny that Meyer seems to be the afterthought player for most of you. Some people even talk about him redshirting. LOL! Dude plays better competition than any of the other recruits. Just like White last year. But I kept telling people that White was going to dominate, and people just kept talking about how he needed to put on weight.

But I guess if he isn't some kid playing against 6 footers in the middle of a corn field he must not be that good. :)

herby talks about Meyer redshirting. He does rip on Hawks quite a bit though so I would take that with a grain of salt.

Dude plays better competition than any of the other recruits.
I would say this might be a little misleading. I don't know about his AAU play, but Meyer's high school competition is not what you might think. Meyer does play in the same conference as powerhouse Milton, which usually has several D1 recruits every year. But the other teams in the conference are just not impressive.

I'm tellin you. There is ZERO DOUBT this kid is a one and done. He'll average 22 points, 12 boards, and 6 assists at a minimum his freshman year.
Hopefully you're being sarcastic.

I think Meyer will end up being a very good college player, but next year he will be playing behind White, Basabe, Woodbury & McCabe.

Latest posts