Kirks Gone

The only way they beat the Sooners is
to got after the qb every once in a while. Knock him down every once I a while. Jones will pick us apart if he has time. It will not be close if he has time to throw!

This place sucks

Not really. Actually what is funny is you and many others like cmhawks99 haven't come to the realization that this is a message board. Until then this place will continue to suck.:D

Until then will get these type of posts courtesy of cmhawks99 who wrote:
"Which in its essence is where America is heading. These guys worry about KF and the football team, but I worry about America and the lack of objective, honest to goodness depth, perspective and critical thinking skills.

It is really mind boggling….I witness daily at work and on these message boards and its getting worse".

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF2ayWcJfxo[/ame]

Last edited:
This place is a mad house, where do all these freakin people come from. Maybe they should have lived during the Iowa seasons of the 60's and 70"s and they would appreciate what they have. I am not happy, but I am guessing neither is Coach.

Not really. Actually what is funny is you and many others haven't come to the realization that this is a message board. Until then this place will continue to suck.:D

I agree.

Also Im not bashing Kirk here. Im just saying hes at a crossroad. I think if he goes one way then he could decide when to hang it up. If he goes the other than I could see him getting fired after the next two years.

I agree.

Also Im not bashing Kirk here. Im just saying hes at a crossroad. I think if he goes one way then he could decide when to hang it up. If he goes the other than I could see him getting fired after the next two years.

Don't disagree.

KF pants will heat up just for the mere fact that if he doesn't produce not only will that be noticed locally but nationally because of his SALARY.

Don't disagree.

KF pants will heat up just for the mere fact that if he doesn't produce not only will that be noticed locally but nationally because of his SALARY.

This is why I think the biggest name Kirk could get helps the most. Stoops. It fits needs of recruiting. Gets Iowa a lot of media. I think it gives Kirk the best out if it doesnt work.

Same thing can be said that the coaching staff was trying to make up for the lack of time Norm had with the team the last two years. Trying to prep without your head D guy makes the whole team of coaches try to find a solution instead of focusing on their unit they are responsible for. To be successful, you have to have everyone 100%. Not a knock on Norm, but he hung on too long. It hurt us in recruiting, preparation, and in some player development.

I love a healthy Norm and I am glad he is back to being semi healthy and can retire on his "own" instead of being forced out because of illness.

The multiple duties have put a hurting on the players, coaches, and game day decisions. I love Kirk and I know he will make the right hire for the long run. I just have that feeling:D

Nice phrasing in the original thread post...it's posts like these that make me rethink frequenting here as much as I do.

Seriously, why would you title a thread like that?:confused:

Wasn't this already covered in 4 or 5 other threads? Do you need the attention?

Last edited:
Nice phrasing in the original thread post...it's posts like these that make me rethink frequenting here as much as I do.

Seriously, why would you title a thread like that?:confused:

Because more people read it. Did I ruin your day? Buck up cowboy things will get better.

This place is a mad house, where do all these freakin people come from. Maybe they should have lived during the Iowa seasons of the 60's and 70"s and they would appreciate what they have. I am not happy, but I am guessing neither is Coach.

agreed mars -

i guess this is one way to find out who the real dbags are on this board.

and to your point, i guess KF hasn't lived up to the long and rich tradition of championships that was laid before him!! ;)

now i know why clown fan came up with the term 'tavern hok'. many on this board are proving them to be true.

what a bunch of losers some of you are, including the op, i guess.

agreed mars -

i guess this is one way to find out who the real dbags are on this board.

and to your point, i guess KF hasn't lived up to the long and rich tradition of championships that was laid before him!! ;)

now i know why clown fan came up with the term 'tavern hok'. many on this board are proving them to be true.

what a bunch of losers some of you are, including the op, i guess.

What is wrong with the questions I ask? Im just stating how I think things can work out.

So while watching the MNF game with some Clone and Husker friends of mine this topic came up. The Husker fans were unanimous that getting rid of KF would be absolutely crazy, they also agreed that they would gladly take KF over Pelini. Clone fans didn't say much as we were also talking about what in the world is going on with their wrestling program.

Man the Kirk fans are awful butt hurt tonight. I know people have been blaming Kirk for everything all day. THAT IS NOT WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT. THIS POST WASNT ATTACKING KIRK. CALM DOWN.

What is wrong with the questions I ask? Im just stating how I think things can work out.

And you couldn't find 4 or5 other threads that are circulating to state your point of view? Instead you start a thread entitled 'Kirk's Gone'!??
The reason you give for starting it like that is 'more people will read it'. You knew by starting yet another redundant thread as you did that it would immediately get derailed. Now I've wasted 5 minutes responding. You get no more.

And you couldn't find 4 or5 other threads that are circulating to state your point of view? Instead you start a thread entitled 'Kirk's Gone'!??
The reason you give for starting it like that is 'more people will read it'. You knew by starting yet another redundant thread as you did that it would immediately get derailed. Now I've wasted 5 minutes responding. You get no more.

I got to do it.

Still mad brah?

It is to some of the diehard Kirk fans.

That is not a measurable argument and honestly not the route of most of their support. I guess I don't know that for sure but neither do you, so really an unfair, loaded statement. One made because you seemingly didn't have anything of substance to say. I agree we need a good DC, but not necessarily anymore than we need good coaches all across the board, so really its a non-statement. I'm also not trying to corner you, just saying it really is a simple and obvious statement. Designed more for reaction than anything else. Or so it seems to me.

I dont think the KirkKenPhil would be any better. However I think the KirkKenOutsidehire may have a shot.
I'm not going to go ballistic if Phil gets the job. Stoops does not excite me, as he would not be working with the amount of talent he had at Oklahoma, and he did not impress at Arizona. Aiken would be a better fit; he has been here before and knows what it takes. Iowa's real problem, which your post points out, is the constantly disappointing offense; and that is not going to change.

Latest posts