Kirks Gone

Hey good for you. If you are happy with 4 wins then thats your deal.

What I was saying is Norm has kept the program steady not Kirk IMO.

This year and last we lost to Minny so I dont think one more win last year and this year is crazy.

Heinously short-sighted and missing the obvious.

Agree so having said that is there anyone here that thinks the KOK deserves 10 more years so we can stay somewhere between 70th-80th for total offense. You can't consistently be a TOp 20 team with offensive crap stats like that.

I ask this from time to time. No one ever responds. Mostly because they either don’t know and don’t want to look dumb or because they do and don’t want to look dumb.

Do you know where KOK came from? Do you know how much success he had and do you know what kind of offense he ran?

I want to make sure this comes off right and not as harsh as it may sound. I really have no truck with you. I know your position is counter intuitive to mine and I don’t agree at all, but you aren’t nearly as nasty and out in left field as many.

So with that sad, I’m not terribly concerned whether any of the “not a fan of KF†guys ever “come backâ€. They’ll eventually dislike the next guy, and they’ll have the same complaints, and I know this because they really are the same complaints everywhere in some degree or another. An outside hirer isn’t any more likely to be good than an inside, it’s just your and others perceived notion that “this†program isn’t what you want and therefore hiring from within is automatically doomed. But honestly, as a manger, in a very successful Ford store. I have to tell you that is very, very, very faulty logic, but one I see people use regularly, I will admit.

I think the reason that some dont like Kirk is because they see him play not to lose instead of trying to win. This shows that Kirk would rather take his offense out of the picture and let the defense handle things. Which has worked for him from time to time.

Seeing Kirk make an outside hire I think would show change. Something that we dont see very much of.

I ask this from time to time. No one ever responds. Mostly because they either don’t know and don’t want to look dumb or because they do and don’t want to look dumb.

Do you know where KOK came from? Do you know how much success he had and do you know what kind of offense he ran?

Yes KOK used to run a spread and it worked where he was at. If I remember Kirk was on his staff at one time.

If he doesnt make a good DC hire.

Kirk a has had a couple of good seasons with offenses that have done well. Other than that hes had Norm to pick up the slack. Without Norm KF could be in big trouble.

I think if he makes a good choice for DC he will be able to keep things together. Maybe have the choice to call it quits when he wants.

I think a bad hire and we are looking at a couple of years of very bad football. In this case Kirk could be a fart in the wind.

The last two years Norm hasnt been 100%. We have all seen how that has gone.

Since when are you the AD? Wow.....

I think the reason that some dont like Kirk is because they see him play not to lose instead of trying to win. This shows that Kirk would rather take his offense out of the picture and let the defense handle things. Which has worked for him from time to time.

Seeing Kirk make an outside hire I think would show change. Something that we dont see very much of.

In my business we often label people and it is rarely (if ever) a true fit. KF is careful, for sure, but I have seen him play to win, so have you. And it is YOUR opinion he doesn’t change and an outside hirer would do that. For what it is worth I believe Aiken will be the guy and is he really outside.

These are all positions and opinions you have propped up based on “your†beliefs, that are somewhat jaded by your frustration and belief we should do this or do that different.

Now yes, you could say I also have “jaded†opinions and to a degree we all do. However I have routinely fostered a position of perspective that I do see and watch enuff “other†teams play and have enuff worldly experience to know things aren’t as cut and dried as the critics need it to be.

The ultra supreme irony is….KF does NOT do everything how I would (imagine that me a message board hack giving KF advice) but I wouldn’t be more high octane, in fact I’d run more often when I see them pass.

I have listened to so many announcers say things like….â€team X likes to do this, in this situation and then it works†You mean only the announcers know what Team X likes to do…….hell no, they are all predictable. Iowa isn’t some unique team in a football vacuum that is the only “predictable†team…

That, I say again THAT is what drives me insane about the KF is predictable, stale, boring crowd….if they watched even a few more games with an open mind they’d know beyond a shadow of a doubt how dumb they sound!

Its a message board.

Do you ever have any thoughts or ideas Maggie? Or do you just wait until you are told to make the fries?

Nope, OOTH isn't trolling at all. He just wants to have a discussion...

tumblr_lv1b15Of821qjb0bwo2_500.jpg

In my business we often label people and it is rarely (if ever) a true fit. KF is careful, for sure, but I have seen him play to win, so have you. And it is YOUR opinion he doesn’t change and an outside hirer would do that. For what it is worth I believe Aiken will be the guy and is he really outside.

These are all positions and opinions you have propped up based on “your†beliefs, that are somewhat jaded by your frustration and belief we should do this or do that different.

Now yes, you could say I also have “jaded†opinions and to a degree we all do. However I have routinely fostered a position of perspective that I do see and watch enuff “other†teams play and have enuff worldly experience to know things aren’t as cut and dried as the critics need it to be.

The ultra supreme irony is….KF does NOT do everything how I would (imagine that me a message board hack giving KF advice) but I wouldn’t be more high octane, in fact I’d run more often when I see them pass.

I have listened to so many announcers say things like….â€team X likes to do this, in this situation and then it works†You mean only the announcers know what Team X likes to do…….hell no, they are all predictable. Iowa isn’t some unique team in a football vacuum that is the only “predictable†team…

That, I say again THAT is what drives me insane about the KF is predictable, stale, boring crowd….if they watched even a few more games with an open mind they’d know beyond a shadow of a doubt how dumb they sound!

I think even hiring Aiken would be a little bit of a unpredictable move by KF.

Yes these are just my thoughts. Thats what a message board is for. Some people like to talk football. In that people voice their opinion. This is what people forget on here. Its just talk. If you dont like it then give your opinion or dont comment. Also its very easy to sit here and say how you would do things.

Well thank you for that, I didn't know.

I also had no idea Kirk was a DC at one time, thus the OP just proved his point invalid with how Kirk handles KOK with handcuffing the offense and how Kirk handles the D with the bend but dont break because he has obviously had experience with that before........

Kirk is not gone if he makes the wrong hire, he will have the chance to get rid of the hire to find a new guy.

KIRK is the BEST coach in the USA:D

I also had no idea Kirk was a DC at one time, thus the OP just proved his point invalid with how Kirk handles KOK with handcuffing the offense and how Kirk handles the D with the bend but dont break because he has obviously had experience with that before........

Kirk is not gone if he makes the wrong hire, he will have the chance to get rid of the hire to find a new guy.

KIRK is the BEST coach in the USA:D

Well KOK ran the spread when he was a HC.

Kirk coached defense at the high school level with KOK being his boss. Also he was responsible for the OL.

So how did I prove myself wrong?

Well KOK ran the spread when he was a HC.

Kirk coached defense at the high school level with KOK being his boss. Also he was responsible for the OL.

So how did I prove myself wrong?

Kirk oversees all and is in charge of Norm and KOK, hence having experience coaching both O and D at different levels of his career but he does his job and is the head coach and tells them his PHILOSOPHY!!! Its what coaches do.... He has a philosophy and yes Norm played a part in it but dont think for one second he doesn't oversee or help on with the D. That would be a dumb thing for any leader to do.

This means you were wrong in your attention seeking assumption that we will not be good because Kirk was just riding Norms coat tails..... if that is the case all of the head coaches ride the OC or DC coat tails respectively..... you see that just doesnt make much sense.

Its all about PHILOSOPHY and you either love it or leave it!!

Kirk oversees all and is in charge of Norm and KOK, hence having experience coaching both O and D at different levels of his career but he does his job and is the head coach and tells them his PHILOSOPHY!!! Its what coaches do.... He has a philosophy and yes Norm played a part in it but dont think for one second he doesn't oversee or help on with the D. That would be a dumb thing for any leader to do.

This means you were wrong in your attention seeking assumption that we will not be good because Kirk was just riding Norms coat tails..... if that is the case all of the head coaches ride the OC or DC coat tails respectively..... you see that just doesnt make much sense.

Its all about PHILOSOPHY and you either love it or leave it!!

HMMMMM....why is the offense so bad then? I do think the general layout of offense and defense is overseen by Kirk. However the defense has made Iowa under Kirk what it is.

So why hasnt Kirk made both sides good?

Look through his coaching resume. Kirk coached high school defense. Not saying he doesnt know about defense but thats not whats got him here. OL is whats got him here.

I think Norm has kept Kirk here. Without a good DC Kirk could have been gone a couple of years ago. Hes had what 3 good offensive years?

His whole point on this thread was to have a discussion about how important the defense is to Kirks system and he gets this from you? You attack people because you are either insecure with your own manhood or you were mistreated as a kid... Either way I don’t care, if you have an opinion to the discussion at hand, please share it otherwise go elsewhere and stop showing you ignorance.

agreed mars -

i guess this is one way to find out who the real dbags are on this board.

and to your point, i guess KF hasn't lived up to the long and rich tradition of championships that was laid before him!! ;)

now i know why clown fan came up with the term 'tavern hok'. many on this board are proving them to be true.

what a bunch of losers some of you are, including the op, i guess.

His whole point on this thread was to have a discussion about how important the defense is to Kirks system and he gets this from you? You attack people because you are either insecure with your own manhood or you were mistreated as a kid... Either way I don’t care, if you have an opinion to the discussion at hand, please share it otherwise go elsewhere and stop showing you ignorance.

Honestly you could cut him some slack. Yes I agree there is no need for overt over the top name calling and nastiness, but since I've seen enuff of you too know you to get tired of the tripe and bludgeoning of our team and coach I think he is just a little tired of it all, right?!

HMMMMM....why is the offense so bad then? I do think the general layout of offense and defense is overseen by Kirk. However the defense has made Iowa under Kirk what it is.

So why hasnt Kirk made both sides good?

Look through his coaching resume. Kirk coached high school defense. Not saying he doesnt know about defense but thats not whats got him here. OL is whats got him here.

I think Norm has kept Kirk here. Without a good DC Kirk could have been gone a couple of years ago. Hes had what 3 good offensive years?

Then it seems KF hired exactly and well I might add who he wanted when he first started and I'll expect him to do so again. There really is no other way to look at what you have said.

I will come to ankle23 defense a little.

I have been a smartass on this site. So in turn I deserve some of that back.

Also this is what I think. I didnt think soo many people would flip out about the title.

I still stand firm in my thinking.....There are not many things that could get KF fired. I think the one thing as of now that could do it would be a bad DC hire.

EX: I think if Norm didnt retire and we had 5 wins next year Kirk wouldnt get fired.

Latest posts