Kirks Gone

Then it seems KF hired exactly and well I might add who he wanted when he first started and I'll expect him to do so again. There really is no other way to look at what you have said.

Bingo. Kirk made a great hire in Norm and if he does it again then all is well. Im not saying that things wont be said against the offense.

I dont agree with all of the offensive things but....... like I said I enjoy the defensive side of things.

My favorite player of all time is Bob Sanders. Before my season tickets one of the games I came back for was his last home game against Minny. Holy Moly that was fun!!!! To tell you the truth I can remember hearing him hit people but cant really remember much of what happened on the offense.

His whole point on this thread was to have a discussion about how important the defense is to Kirks system and he gets this from you? You attack people because you are either insecure with your own manhood or you were mistreated as a kid... Either way I don’t care, if you have an opinion to the discussion at hand, please share it otherwise go elsewhere and stop showing you ignorance.

he gave his opinion, i gave mine. he is right to do so and I am not?

have a nice evening.

I'm only disappointed he hasn't maintained the high level of championships that his predecessors left for him to carry on.

other than than, yes, I think Iowa has a good football program.

Other than than I dont disagree with you.

On the other hand does he only have to live up to the past to make you happy?

Other than than I dont disagree with you.

On the other hand does he only have to live up to the past to make you happy?

he's exceeded the past, in my lifetime, and I'm older than you are. only coach in my lifetime to have 4 top 10 seasons, to win a BCS game. great bowl game record, great representative of our program.

the best coach prior to Fry quit as coach as he hated recruiting to iowa really a tough job. my uncle played for him (Evy). it's a tough grind, unlike i think many truly appreciate.

iowa - what's our competitive advantage?

he's exceeded the past, in my lifetime, and I'm older than you are. only coach in my lifetime to have 4 top 10 seasons, to win a BCS game. great bowl game record, great representative of our program.

the best coach prior to Fry quit as coach as he hated recruiting to iowa really a tough job. my uncle played for him (Evy). it's a tough grind, unlike i think many truly appreciate.

Ive met Fry. You are right we will never do better. Im suprised we can get enough kids to field a program. Let alone the other sports we have.

Jeeze

Iowa the state or Iowa the program? Go fly over somewhere else.

The fact that it's such a tough job to recruit at iowa might be what the problem is now. A young, hungry coach, that's trying to make a name for himself probably hits the trail a lot harder than an older, complacent coach, who has all the money and job security he needs.

I'm not sure you would even see a big difference in where our recruiting class ranks but it's probably there. A young Kirk might spend countless hours evaluating 5 different no name linebackers and then pick the one HE thinks is best (just because they are all ranked the same doesn't mean that there isn't a stand out in the bunch). An old Kirk might think one linebacker is just as good as the next, sign up the first available, and call it a night.

High star recruiting at Iowa doesn't work as one normally expects because the higher star recruits can't get what they want from an Iowa program that is based on executing the system more than athletic ability. So the high star Iowa talent expects to play but, if isn't a system player, sits on the bench while watching lesser talents take the field. IMO, almost all high star talents won't stick around in that situation. They feel ability is most important (that's why they're high star talent) and some, unfortunately, get side tracked into crime or other problems.

Last edited:

Latest posts