Kirks Gone

Well if the Kirk fans werent so butt hurt we could stay on topic.

And what topic is that? I don't think they're butt hurt....at least my butt doesn't hurt....I just think the "information" being posted is pretty idiotic, and that's probably what others think as well. I joke around as well as the next person, and maybe that's what you're post was meant to be...a joke?

And what topic is that? I don't think they're butt hurt....at least my butt doesn't hurt....I just think the "information" being posted is pretty idiotic, and that's probably what others think as well. I joke around as well as the next person, and maybe that's what you're post was meant to be...a joke?

That a bad hire could get Kirk fired down the road. A good hire and he will get to say when hes done.

Im not calling for a firing of Kirk. Im just saying Norm is very much responsible for the success of Iowa in Kirks time here. As we have had a good defense almost every year and only had a couple of good offenses.

I dont usually whine about the offense because thats not my thing. I enjoy watching Iowas defense.

This is the biggest crossroad Kirk has come to and I think its a fair topic.

I have not thrown insults at anyone. Just looking to see if people agree with my line of thought. If you dont then say so but I dont think I need to be called idiotic or a loser for this thread.

If he doesnt make a good DC hire.

Kirk a has had a couple of good seasons with offenses that have done well. Other than that hes had Norm to pick up the slack. Without Norm KF could be in big trouble.

I think if he makes a good choice for DC he will be able to keep things together. Maybe have the choice to call it quits when he wants.

I think a bad hire and we are looking at a couple of years of very bad football. In this case Kirk could be a fart in the wind.

The last two years Norm hasnt been 100%. We have all seen how that has gone.

Stuff like this shouldnt be allowed. Stupid post. You about gave me a heart attack in really telling me only your opinion.

That a bad hire could get Kirk fired down the road. A good hire and he will get to say when hes done.

Im not calling for a firing of Kirk. Im just saying Norm is very much responsible for the success of Iowa in Kirks time here. As we have had a good defense almost every year and only had a couple of good offenses.

I dont usually whine about the offense because thats not my thing. I enjoy watching Iowas defense.

I have not thrown insults at anyone. Just looking to see if people agree with my line of thought. If you dont then say so but I dont think I need to be called idiotic or a loser for this thread.

So naturally, you titled the thread (sic) "Kirks Gone"

Nobody's buying your backpedaling troll.

2008 was and remains Kirk's biggest crossroads season. 2013 may end up surpassing that but it's not even close to that level yet.

What is your point of being here? You go into every thread and post a pic and say its dumb. So why come onto this site?

Why do you always defend your post by attacking other posters, almost never defending what you wrote?

If this thread was supposed to be about your concerns that the DC hire is important to the future of the coach and the program, you would have titled it "The DC hire is important to KF's future".

If the thread were supposed to be a troll effort for attention, you would have named it "Kirks Gone", and then post in it 30 times.

2008 was and remains Kirk's biggest crossroads season. 2013 may end up surpassing that but it's not even close to that level yet.

Well with a good hire most people will never think this was a crossroad. Kirk will have made a smooth transition. No problem. I hope this is the case.

On the other hand if he makes a bad choice then looking back in two years it could be when the wheels started to wobble.

Why do you always defend your post by attacking other posters, almost never defending what you wrote?

If this thread was supposed to be about your concerns that the DC hire is important to the future of the coach and the program, you would have titled it "The DC hire is important to KF's future".

If the thread were supposed to be a troll effort for attention, you would have named it "Kirks Gone", and then post in it 30 times.

Read the thread Im not attacking anyone. Yes the thread title was meant to get people to look at the thread. The subject matter has been fair to both sides.

You on the other hand have brought nothing to the thread or the site from what I have seen.

Read the thread Im not attacking anyone. Yes the thread title was meant to get people to look at the thread. The subject matter has been fair to both sides.

You on the other hand have brought nothing to the thread or the site from what I have seen.

Troll on then bro, troll on.

If this thread was titled "Crucial hire for Ferentz" then it might have had a chance for honest discussion. But "Kirks gone" begs for this type of BS. The fact that the OP seems shocked by that is not a good sign.

If this thread was titled "Crucial hire for Ferentz" then it might have had a chance for honest discussion. But "Kirks gone" begs for this type of BS. The fact that the OP seems shocked by that is not a good sign.

Oh, the OP knows exactly what he's doing...

The thing is people have been getting all bent out of shape if you suggest Kirk could get fired.

Im stating this is the way I think he could get canned down the road.

It might be in Kirks comfort zone to hire from within, but I think this leaves him no outs.

I think an outside hire gives him the best chances of success. If it turns out to be a bad hire he can try again. Also I think recruiting gets the biggest boost with an outside hire which is better for Kirk in the long run.

I am not a big fan of Kirk. For the people that have similar views as me I think an outside hire brings us back.

I understand what Kirk fans are saying(they are sick of people calling for his head everytime something happens). My money stays in Kinnick anyway you look at. Im just giving some sides and posters can state their side without calling me a loser.

I want to make sure this comes off right and not as harsh as it may sound. I really have no truck with you. I know your position is counter intuitive to mine and I don’t agree at all, but you aren’t nearly as nasty and out in left field as many.

So with that sad, I’m not terribly concerned whether any of the “not a fan of KF” guys ever “come back”. They’ll eventually dislike the next guy, and they’ll have the same complaints, and I know this because they really are the same complaints everywhere in some degree or another. An outside hirer isn’t any more likely to be good than an inside, it’s just your and others perceived notion that “this” program isn’t what you want and therefore hiring from within is automatically doomed. But honestly, as a manger, in a very successful Ford store. I have to tell you that is very, very, very faulty logic, but one I see people use regularly, I will admit.

Last edited:
Yes. Defense at Iowa is key. If we have good defenses then recruiting goes up on both sides of the ball. Its tough to run the pro style offense and we need talent to make it work. A good defense year in year out helps keep bad seasons at 8 or 9 wins. Which is where I thought we should have been last year and this year.

Not anymore so than any other offense really.

Latest posts