Kirk Ferentz Hate Thread...please post here only.

Dean...OOTHawk...et al...allow me to mediate and summarize.

Specific errors in detail aside, the summary point remains.

This kind of embarrassing performance and uninspiring leadership... particularly on a big stage (National TV) gets people in most other jobs demoted, if not fired.

Did you think that they punted on 2nd down?

You were completely wrong with what you remembered, I figured you were trying to claim they punted from the 30 with 3:41 left, when in fact they punted from the 49 with 6:41 left. Maybe if you were correct more often, I wouldn't just assume you are wrong when I read your posts.

You were completely wrong with what you remembered, I figured you were trying to claim they punted from the 30 with 3:41 left, when in fact they punted from the 49 with 6:41 left. Maybe if you were correct more often, I wouldn't just assume you are wrong when I read your posts.

You are right I was wrong about not having the ball at the end of the game. The punt I was just pointing out as I did with some other drives they had. Those were copy and paste from SI site.

I dont have a problem saying Im wrong when I am. I think that the least you can do as a man.

Now I didnt say they had 3 running plays. I said they ran 3 plays in the last 1:50. I see what you saw. How I meant it was the offense ran(attempted) three plays. He he would have actually ran the ball three time in the last possession I would have barked about that a lot. I mean a lot.

Next What DP5555 were going back and forth about. I did not say he was trying to lose as in actively trying to do negative plays. I said it did not look like he wanted to win. He just wasnt calling plays that show he wanted to go take the win. Then I said he was going to win if he had to. Meaning if they get a pick 6 or if Iowa breaks a 70 run play or a wr catches a 5 yard pass and run 65 yards that how you would win in that conservative aproach.

You and your little buddy are welcome. Just think DP55555 said he was done talking to me about 3 or 4 times.

I think it was all your posts trying to show how terrible KF was after your claim of running 3 plays in the last 1:50 was shown to be a made up figment of your imagination. ;)

I think it was all your posts trying to show how terrible KF was after your claim of running 3 plays in the last 1:50 was shown to be a made up figment of your imagination. ;)

Hey at least I remembered how many plays it was.......I got that going for me. Jeeze I studied that game enough in the last hour that I should be able to call it by memory now.

I don't think this thread applies to me I have always thought kf wasn't that good of a coach, and now that its proven I feel I deserve to say I told you so. I remember all the heat I took when I said I would love to switch coaching staffs with Wisconsin about four years ago. Kf is the worst coach in the big ten and if he was fired wouldn't even sniff a another bcs conference head coaching job.

into page 5

:cool:

Congrats, you get to keep your right nut.:) I didn't see the end of the Nebraska game as something that would drag on for 5 pages. 3 days ago this thread had 9 replies and was losing steam fast......unreal. you were right my friend.

You gotta read it pal thats from the 2nd quarter. It just shows how worthless KFs conservative play can be.

I like it though deaner you checking my facts.

Why did you leave out the fact there was a 30 MPH wind coming from the north and the Hawks were going right into the teeth of that wind in the 2nd quarter?

That may have had something to do with the punt.

Why did you leave out the fact there was a 30 MPH wind coming from the north and the Hawks were going right into the teeth of that wind in the 2nd quarter?

That may have had something to do with the punt.

They had a net gain of 10 yds. They had a better chance with a run or pass than land a punt inside the 20 in 30 MPH wind?

So I ask you why would punt into 30 mph wind and think you are going to control that?

The fact that there was 30 mph wind makes the choice to punt even more stupid.

They had a net gain of 10 yds. They had a better chance with a run or pass than land a punt inside the 20 in 30 MPH wind?

So I ask you why would punt into 30 mph wind and think you are going to control that?

The fact that there was 30 mph wind makes the choice to punt even more stupid.

You think they had a better chance of completing an 11 yard pass into a 30 MPH wind after watching Iowa's pass offense for 11 games prior to the game against Nebraska?

It was the right call to punt.

You think they had a better chance of completing an 11 yard pass into a 30 MPH wind after watching Iowa's pass offense for 11 games prior to the game against Nebraska?

It was the right call to punt.

Well thats just absurd......Iowa doesnt have 11 yard pass plays. So I can see you know very little about the offense.

Im saying do one of your 3 yard pass plays or a run. Its not like they havent run the ball on 3rd and long before why not try it on 4th and long when you cant pass and there is little upside to punting.

Also Kirk should realize from all the bad teams that beat him, that you have to take some chances when you are the underdog. Idk though he did have his record to protect.

My guess is the same amount of teams that would have punted in the at situation would be the same amount of team who would have played one QB all year.

Latest posts