Kirk Bohls says Mike Stoops is considering OSU, Neb & Iowa

I would think that it would be good to announce Norm's retirement, and Stoops as the new hire to help the bowl reps market the game as the team that will soon have the services of Bob Stoops brother.

If this is Norm's final game, I hope that we can get Stoops on as our DC. We need that fire and intensity.

How do we stack up against the big boys when it comes to paying coordinators?

All I know is that KOK makes just over three balloons, which is about two balloons too many.

How do we stack up against the big boys when it comes to paying coordinators?

You're the one that said if it came down to money, Iowa is out. Shouldn't you already know how they stack up, or were you just talking out of your ***?

Then again, Norm seems like the kind of guy who wouldn't want to create a distraction during bowl prep. I'd put my money on it being announced after the game.

Actually KF and his coaches would love to have a distraction that takes the attention away from the players so they could concentrate in relative peace on Oklahoma and not having to deal with the fans and media as much.

The coaches can handle the attention and I am sure all involved (maybe except for Norm himself) would love for Norm to go out with the attention and accolades that he truly deserves.

You're the one that said if it came down to money, Iowa is out. Shouldn't you already know how they stack up, or were you just talking out of your ***?

Whoa. Easy there, Clark.
He was asking a rhetorical question - everyone knows that Iowa FB coordinators and assistants make chump change compared to programs like OSU and other Big Boys. Only King Ferentz makes top shelf money...and I'm sure he wants to keep it that way.

Whoa. Easy there, Clark.
He was asking a rhetorical question - everyone knows that Iowa FB coordinators and assistants make chump change compared to programs like OSU and other Big Boys. Only King Ferentz makes top shelf money...and I'm sure he wants to keep it that way.

Bingo!

This is one of the key things wrong with the structure of Iowa football under KFz.

I remember you writing about that. Now that there has been time to reflect, maybe it could have been because of how difficult the year was on Norm physically and also the struggles the team went through last year.

Just a thought.

That, plus the fact Norm's defense knew heading into that game it was going to have a huge challenge containing Gabbert and Mizzou. Certainly that had to have weighed on the minds of everyone on the staff, especially KF and Norm. To shut Gabbert down when it counted and to get the win was huge and I'm sure there was a huge flood of emotion, as well as Norm coaching through a very difficult year personally.

Last edited:
If it comes down to money. Iowa is out. If it comes down to the familys love for Iowa through the years, we have a shot.

Agree with the families love, but Ferentz is a testament to the fact that moneys clearly not an object for us.

For crissakes Norm is losing limbs to diabetes. That is not hyperbole, that is fact. He's gotta retire for his own good. I certainly hope Ferentz has had The Talk with him and told him to put his life over football.

For crissakes Norm is losing limbs to diabetes. That is not hyperbole, that is fact. He's gotta retire for his own good. I certainly hope Ferentz has had The Talk with him and told him to put his life over football.
This....the guy struggles to get off the bus....its really sad

Bingo!

This is one of the key things wrong with the structure of Iowa football under KFz.

I agree that our assistants don't make anything comparable to the HC, but I don't think that anyone can say that if O'Keefe or Norm asked Ferentz for a raise or else he wouldn't have worked with them.

Maybe I'm wrong, IDk... Maybe that did happen... I just struggle to accept that for the right fit we couldn't offer just as much money as the next program.

Latest posts