Kirk Bohls says Mike Stoops is considering OSU, Neb & Iowa

Which is really to BAD for Iowa, because a DC who does NOT recruiting is a major BLACK EYE for the program....time for NORM to hang them up.

I DON'T think YOU know what GIVING a program A 'black eye' MEANS.

Last edited:
Almost every post on twitter about Mike Stoops is just a re-tweet from the same guy and it was just his opinion about him going to Nebraska. I don't think Stoops would want to be a co-defensive coordinator at OSU and would he really choose Nebraska over Iowa, especially since they are now in the same conference? We"ll see?

The Stoops boys and the Pelini boys grew up together in Youngstown. Mike and Bo are probably a lot closer than Mike and Iowa and/or King Ferentz.

If it comes down to money. Iowa is out. If it comes down to the familys love for Iowa through the years, we have a shot.

Iowa has the money, money isn't an issue here. Will Barta be willing to do what it takes to get him is the question.

Before I say anything I want to make it clear that I have no evidence or proof of anything. I had a family Christmas yesterday, and one of my relatives is a coach for a college football program here in Iowa. He knows the Iowa coaching staff fairly well because he's attended plenty of practices and camps with them (his defensive line runs the same scheme as Iowa). I'm not usually someone who is privy to inside information but he told me yesterday that he's heard both Norm and KOK could be on their way out (Norm retiring and KOK either retiring or looking elsewhere).

No I am not gonna name sources or play the he said she said crap... it's just what I heard. If you don't believe me that's fine, and just because I heard this doesn't mean it's true. Needless to say, I was very surprised to hear him say this. I figured Parker's time is about up for health reasons, but I didn't think there was any way both of them would be out. He thought KOK leaving would be more on his own accord and not necessarily because Ferentz asked him to. However, he did say he wouldnt' be surprised if KOK realized the writing was on the wall and KF didn't have a choice.

Almost every post on twitter about Mike Stoops is just a re-tweet from the same guy and it was just his opinion about him going to Nebraska. I don't think Stoops would want to be a co-defensive coordinator at OSU and would he really choose Nebraska over Iowa, especially since they are now in the same conference? We"ll see?

I sincerely doubt that Iowa has offered him a job. If that is the case, how could he be choosing Nebraska over Iowa?

The Stoops boys and the Pelini boys grew up together in Youngstown.
To me, this would be an argument against going to Nebraska. Think back to the group of guys you hung around with in high school. Would you ever want to be a subordinate to one of these friends?

Before I say anything I want to make it clear that I have no evidence or proof of anything. I had a family Christmas yesterday, and one of my relatives is a coach for a college football program here in Iowa. He knows the Iowa coaching staff fairly well because he's attended plenty of practices and camps with them (his defensive line runs the same scheme as Iowa). I'm not usually someone who is privy to inside information but he told me yesterday that he's heard both Norm and KOK could be on their way out (Norm retiring and KOK either retiring or looking elsewhere).

No I am not gonna name sources or play the he said she said crap... it's just what I heard. If you don't believe me that's fine, and just because I heard this doesn't mean it's true. Needless to say, I was very surprised to hear him say this. I figured Parker's time is about up for health reasons, but I didn't think there was any way both of them would be out. He thought KOK leaving would be more on his own accord and not necessarily because Ferentz asked him to. However, he did say he wouldnt' be surprised if KOK realized the writing was on the wall and KF didn't have a choice.

I too have heard this, I am the last to start rumors so take it with a grain of salt if you like. Don't talk s*** about this and I know alot are going to say whats the source and that we are stirring the pot, I don't know DP but have also heard similar things from very reliable source. F*** me off if you want, just saying what I have heard.

Whoa. Easy there, Clark.
He was asking a rhetorical question - everyone knows that Iowa FB coordinators and assistants make chump change compared to programs like OSU and other Big Boys. Only King Ferentz makes top shelf money...and I'm sure he wants to keep it that way.

I was told a few years back after our Orange Bowl win that Kirk gave his bonus money to his assistants. The man finds other ways of paying them on top of what the University does...

WOW! This is interesting and I'm not going to say your full of it either. We shall see how this plays out. If this were to happen I think it would be after the bowl rather than before it.

I had a idea, but didn't know for sure. So, you could say I was talking out of my CLARK. Here are the stats see how they measure up for you wise---.

For those that don't know their head from their Clark. Click on Ast coaches when you get to the link.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...prXYDg&usg=AFQjCNHFgvmZH2-7TPXgjFJwoxG5QwbOqg

Interesting link. 111 asst coaches (out of 907) make more than KoK, including a number with Iowa ties: Jay Norvell, Chuck Long, Dan McCarney, Mark Stoops.

However, Iowa isn't that far off its Big Ten peers. Pretty comparable to Michigan and MSU; Wisky and OSU are higher (with notable bonus opportunities at Wisky) and Nebraska is highest of all. The SEC and Big12 dominate the high payers.

The only Big Ten coach in the top 30 is Paul Petrino (Illinois) at $475,000. :eek: Now there's a guy who was flat-out stealing...

I want to believe this soooo much that I can't get myself to mock the poster.
I'm gettin soft. That's all there is to it.

Post your source or you are a LIAR and a SCUMBAG.

Before I say anything I want to make it clear that I have no evidence or proof of anything. I had a family Christmas yesterday, and one of my relatives is a coach for a college football program here in Iowa. He knows the Iowa coaching staff fairly well because he's attended plenty of practices and camps with them (his defensive line runs the same scheme as Iowa). I'm not usually someone who is privy to inside information but he told me yesterday that he's heard both Norm and KOK could be on their way out (Norm retiring and KOK either retiring or looking elsewhere). No I am not gonna name sources or play the he said she said crap... it's just what I heard. If you don't believe me that's fine, and just because I heard this doesn't mean it's true. Needless to say, I was very surprised to hear him say this. I figured Parker's time is about up for health reasons, but I didn't think there was any way both of them would be out. He thought KOK leaving would be more on his own accord and not necessarily because Ferentz asked him to. However, he did say he wouldnt' be surprised if KOK realized the writing was on the wall and KF didn't have a choice.

I would love this ,but I doubt KOK is retiring or looking for a job elsewhere unless it's a head coach job.

After looking at this list, the 2 biggest questions I have are:

1. How could Ken O'Keefe be making so much more than Norm! What a rip off.
2. How can Phil Parker be making almost as much as Norm!

Somebody competent needs to be reviewing how they pay the assistants

Maybe you should be competent before posting on the internet.

Latest posts