Kinnick color scheme and the cold

Ozhawk

I will be at the game and participating fully wearing my gold. However it will likely be in the mid 40s during the game and even a bit colder. There will be LOTS of people in winter coats. I think this game should have been done earlier in the year. The students will do it but those between the 20 yard lines will be wearing whatever their winter coat is.

BTW I have talked to 3 Hawkeye tix holders who had no idea there was a color scheme planned this weekend. In fact I found out about it from the ESPN interview with RICK Stanzi on tuesday.

I will be at the game and participating fully wearing my gold. However it will likely be in the mid 40s during the game and even a bit colder. There will be LOTS of people in winter coats. I think this game should have been done earlier in the year. The students will do it but those between the 20 yard lines will be wearing whatever their winter coat is.

BTW I have talked to 3 Hawkeye tix holders who had no idea there was a color scheme planned this weekend. In fact I found out about it from the ESPN interview with RICK Stanzi on tuesday.

Well then I am guessing that you and those three fans have paid no attention to anything Hawkeye-related so far this season. It has been promoted pretty well, overall. Definitely could have been better though.

Also, are you saying we should have done this for the EIU, ISU or Ball State games? Really?:cool:

If the three people you refer to are season ticket holders they must not have e-mail because I have gotten at least 3 notices via e-mail and one via snail mail about it. I actually think they did a fairly good job of promoting it.

The weather this time of year is not normally this cold, though. I'll be bringing my normal black winter coat and just buying an XXL gold t-shirt to put over the top of it. I may look bad in person, but I won't look bad on national TV!

Yea I really don't know how someone doesn't know about this- I'm in Texas and have gotten multiple reminders, seen it all over the media and had friends talking about it consistently.

I do agree however that it will be a challenge with the cold... hopefully Iowa fans can make it look good rather than half arsed.

Agree with NYC... just get a huge Tee to put over your coat- even if you only do it for while you're inside the stadium.

At the very least you need to keep the coats off through the first quarter. On the Big Ten Network last night, they said temp at kickoff would be 57 degrees. That is plenty warm enough.

hopefully the university thought of the cold weather issue and will provide black and gold pom-poms to the correct sections. Otherwise, I don't see this looking as impressive as we'd like it to.

I think it will be slightly colder. I checked 3 sources today and at 6-7pm the temp will be 50 degrees. By the end of the game temps will be around 45. This morning at dawn it was 53 and i was comfortable in only my dress shirt, so i really don't see any problem with the temp whatso ever if you are wearing a sweatshirt.

There really wasn't much opportunity to do this earlier in the year. The non-conference home games weren't great. ISU might have been a good choice, but the black/gold color scheme is much better suited for a primetime, nationally televised game, IMO.

Well then I am guessing that you and those three fans have paid no attention to anything Hawkeye-related so far this season. It has been promoted pretty well, overall. Definitely could have been better though.

Also, are you saying we should have done this for the EIU, ISU or Ball State games? Really?:cool:

Hmm I contemplated responding to you due to the fact that your reponse was a bit terse. However you could just be having a bad day (already). Like I said Ferentz in his presser didn't know about it and Stanzi on ESPN radio the other day had no clue about it either. Jeepers I wonder if those two had been paying attention to "anything Hawkeye" this year. Evidently I antagonized the He!! out of you with my OP.

I hope you too will wear you colors at the game. Provided you are going.

However If you would like, you could comment on the unseasonable cool weather that will be present this Sat evening and the likelyhood that people won't be going out to buy new coats to fit the color scheme. Another poster on this thread did have a GREAT idea though by buying a XXXl tee shirt and wearing it over his coat.

P.S. anyone who has had to endure 40s temps and not be able to move around for 3+ hours knows how cold one can get. I hope everyone follows the plan and wears accordingly.

Hmm I contemplated responding to you due to the fact that your reponse was a bit terse. However you could just be having a bad day (already). Like I said Ferentz in his presser didn't know about it and Stanzi on ESPN radio the other day had no clue about it either. Jeepers I wonder if those two had been paying attention to "anything Hawkeye" this year. Evidently I antagonized the He!! out of you with my OP.

I hope you too will wear you colors at the game. Provided you are going.

However If you would like, you could comment on the unseasonable cool weather that will be present this Sat evening and the likelyhood that people won't be going out to buy new coats to fit the color scheme. Another poster on this thread did have a GREAT idea though by buying a XXXl tee shirt and wearing it over his coat.

P.S. anyone who has had to endure 40s temps and not be able to move around for 3+ hours knows how cold one can get. I hope everyone follows the plan and wears accordingly.

I just don't understand how someone does not have the BASIC COLLEGE FOOTBALL KNOWLEDGE that Saturday is a color game! :eek:

Kidding, by the way. And give me a break, KF and Ricky both know about it. The players know about it. They just don't acknowledge it. I think Kirk even talked about it in his show w/ Dolph Sunday night.

I can't believe someone that has almost 900 post on this site never heard about this until Tuesday, there have been numerous post about this subject since August.

Also are your friends season ticket holders, or yourself? If so read your tickets because the promo is printed right on the ticket.

I went out to Scheels in West Des Moines last night for a gold hoodie. People know about this because that place was packed and they were running way short on stuff, especially gold stuff.

Yep got my gold hoodie yesterday from scheels, they saw me looking in the iowa section and knew what I was looking for. Gold stuff is way cheaper than the black stuff.

On IOWA!

Gotta admit, this is a great way to sell merchandise...

It will look cool if there is good participation. Hope the camera zooms in on the "color vigilantes"...

There are ways to get this done if people use their imagination a little. Like somebody else mentioned, if you have to wear a coat, go buy a $10 3XL Gold or Black shirt to throw over it. And if you're really dedicated like me it just gives you another excuse to go out and but a new piece of Hawk merchandise.

Gordmann's has gold hoodies for $19.99-24.99 sizes up to 2X, G&K Clothing has them for $32 sizes up to 4X.

What drives me nuts, is long time season ticket holders I know, never wear black or gold to the games, they'll wear a tan or blue jacket:eek:. Come on, they shell out big buck for seat licences and tix, yet you'd never know they are Hawkeyes fans. They wear a Tigerhawk cap and that's it.

Carhart and camo? I know, I know, they'll keep you warm....so will a flask.;) No, wait...I didn't say that.

Last years blackout looked good and we did a good job for the gold out game against tOSU in 2006. This really shouldn't be that hard.

I will be at the game and participating fully wearing my gold. However it will likely be in the mid 40s during the game and even a bit colder. There will be LOTS of people in winter coats. I think this game should have been done earlier in the year. :confused:The students will do it but those between the 20 yard lines will be wearing whatever their winter coat is.

What??? It's the first Big10 game of the season. How could the game be any earlier?

Latest posts