Kinnick color scheme and the cold

Layers my friend. Color me excited to see this on Saturday night :) I'm in the black section, so just normal gear for me.
Exactly. Just layer it up a bit. Won't be cold enough to need the winter coat yet. Maybe some Under Armour or just a long sleeve shirt underneath a hoodie.

Like this one I picked up last night...last one they had left...
42-01460-P.jpg

Oh don't worry I will represent the 102 section with gold...just an excuse for me to hit Scheels in Coralville when we get in town on Friday.

If someone doesn't want to fork over the money for a gold hoodie/jacket/t-shirt they could get one of those yellow rain ponchos for about $1 and wear that. May not be "gold", but close enough in a pinch. It'd also serve as a wind breaker, though it's not supposed to be too windy.

It's supposed to be in the low 50s throught the game, so a couple layers capped by a big gold t-shirt should do it.

50 degrees means sweatshirt weather. Wear any color, just wear a black or gold shirt over it, you dont even need to buy a new shirt. How hard is it to do that for the naysayers on here?

I just think the University missed out on a great marketing opportunity here. They could have made the shirts up and asked local sponsors to chip in for the free shirts. I have seen other places do this in th e past. 70,000+ is a large order, but not impossible. They would have just needed 7 people to ship in $10,000 for the idea to work. Just my 2 cents.

NWS currently forecasting a high of 57 for Saturday with a low diving all the way down to 34 with patchy frost by Sunday morning. I would guess mid to low 40s by the end of the game. Wouldn't take much of a breeze to make that quite chilly. Layers are definitely a good idea. Hoodies, hoodies, hoodies! They do not need to be Hawkeye gear, either. Just get a plain yellow or black one will do great, if that's all you can swing.

PLEASE, I beg you! No browns, blues, reds, etc.! It's really not that hard at all to play along

NWS currently forecasting a high of 57 for Saturday with a low diving all the way down to 34 with patchy frost by Sunday morning. I would guess mid to low 40s by the end of the game. Wouldn't take much of a breeze to make that quite chilly. Layers are definitely a good idea. Hoodies, hoodies, hoodies! They do not need to be Hawkeye gear, either. Just get a plain yellow or black one will do great, if that's all you can swing.

PLEASE, I beg you! No browns, blues, reds, etc.! It's really not that hard at all to play along

The people on the message boards aren't the ones we need to worry about. It's everybody else who isn't as cool as us. Come on guys! We need to take this to the Streets!!!!

Not sure how you have not heard about it yet the University has been talking about for a month or more. It will be great just wear something gold or black not hard

Hand out yellow ponchos or black garbage bags and paper bags to people who aren't wearing the appropriate zone color. The ponchos or garbage bags go over the clothes and the paper bag over the face, so that everybody can laugh at the idiots who didn't get with the ******* program.

Hand out yellow ponchos or black garbage bags and paper bags to people who aren't wearing the appropriate zone color. The ponchos or garbage bags go over the clothes and the paper bag over the face, so that everybody can laugh at the idiots who didn't get with the ******* program.

I agree with this! Or better yet, if you are not following the color code, they kick you out and have a seat holder take your place.

I agree with this! Or better yet, if you are not following the color code, they kick you out and have a seat holder take your place.

Well as for myself if I got to my seat and found that I didnt have the correct color on I would go out get a shirt real quick that was the correct color for my section. Not a big deal...Do I think people will do this? No not for the most part.

Whoever said 57 degrees is looking at the high for Saturday...just like those who said 30 are looking at the low...It's going to be about in the mid-low 40's by halftime I bet...and like someone said...a light breeze...and it's cold...I'm breakin out underarmour and layers...but the top layer will be the standard black!! GO HAWKS!! Can't wait!!! this week has been soooo long!

I just sent this mass email to everyone on my contact list (feel free to copy and paste and do the same with your contacts list---every little effort will help with this...).

Subject Line: Iowa/Penn State!!!

If you are going, make sure to WEAR THE RIGHT COLOR!

Iowa-PSU ‘Spirit Game’ to be a striped affair | Hawk Central

Even if you are not going, forward this to friends who are! Cyclone fans, sorry if you got this email, but even you guys like helping a Hawk. Send it to your smart friends (the Iowa friends are your smart friends ;)).

GO HAWKS!!!

All of my warm Iowa gear is black, and I'm in a gold section, so this is just an excuse to buy a gold sweatshirt or something before Saturday night...love excuses to do that! :)

Latest posts