KF Press Conference @ 2pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
If all 3 of them are gone wouldn't KF about step down too? How much fun would he have trying to coach having to replace his best friend and son? Ouch.

Yeah Wadleys mom is stirring the pot. This isn't over I don't think. But damn I wish it was.

I think Brian is the key regarding Kirk. Wonder if Kirk would just retire if the Brian situation and his future wasn't affected? With Brian, I think KF tries to fix this and leave in good standing. Hell, not sure KF wouldn't do that anyway if Brian wasn't in the mix. He seems the type to want to fix something before he leaves I guess. He's no Pete Carroll.

If all 3 of them are gone wouldn't KF about step down too? How much fun would he have trying to coach having to replace his best friend and son? Ouch.

Yeah Wadleys mom is stirring the pot. This isn't over I don't think. But damn I wish it was.
From the sounds of it there are a whole bunch of parents she’s getting together with and not all of them had players with low playing time, etc. Some of them were regulars. I have a super hard time thinking all of them would just decide to make a ton of shit up for no reason, but I’m not part of the situation so I don’t know.

@WinOneThisCentury and @HuckFinn will be here shortly to tell us that there’s no way it could possibly be true because Kirk and Brian are constructed from 100% ground up and reconstituted Eagle Scouts and apple pie. They’re not physically or mentally capable of doing anything remotely racist, or even wrong, for that matter.

Where are politics mentioned?
The post I quoted was talking about the George Floyd case. Not directly political but opinionated nonetheless. I just thought this thread was having a very good discussion about today's presser until that came in.

My take. No one is leaving the program. I think Doyle is required to go through some form of sensitivity training and issue apologies. I don't know Chris Doyle...but being as close to these athletes as he is...and how much he works closely with them to improve them...I just can't believe he's racist. I think he's socially deficient and ignorant...but intent is important. Isn't he trying to improve people...in many ways?

KF has always shown a incredible loyalty to those who go to battle with him. This will be interesting. I'm actually shocked that they are having a news conference. I think they should let some time pass...15-30 days or so...as things tend to be so raw...and decisions made while in the hurricane aren't usually the most sound.

That's pretty much the only scenario that would spark huge outrage imo. No one leaving, nothing changing/ Right or wrong, left or right, Doyle's gotta go. Good bad, agree with it or don't, at this point they need a sacrifice to appease the mob. Do we really think that Dillon transferred out of the program because his dad was gonna keep his job?

He said there is a mask policy in place so I'm sure he will be incognito as all hell. No one will even know it's him.

Rob, if they find you and offer you a "behind the scenes tour" of Kinnick, DO NOT TAKE IT. There is a jail cell in there and they might try to lock you up. Send me your cell number and I will text you every five minutes. Like a canary type thing, just to make sure they don't try to "disappear you."
@RobHowe , prep the ol prison wallet so you can have phone when needed. Good looking out KOK4P

From the sounds of it there are a whole bunch of parents she’s getting together with and not all of them had players with low playing time, etc. Some of them were regulars. I have a super hard time thinking all of them would just decide to make a ton of shit up for no reason, but I’m not part of the situation so I don’t know.

@WinOneThisCentury and @HuckFinn will be here shortly to tell us that there’s no way it could possibly be true because Kirk and Brian are constructed from 100% ground up and reconstituted Eagle Scouts and apple pie. They’re not physically or mentally capable of doing anything remotely racist, or even wrong, for that matter.

But, does "bullying" = "racists"? That is the question in my book. Look at all the young black men they have worked with and developed over the years. It isn't like they had a team 85% white like a Bill Carmody NW basketball team. Also, if racist, why would they have Raimond Braithwaite on staff for 16 yrs and as the assistant to Doyle. Doesn't make sense. He's also the one who will be moved up to head S&C coach and rightfully so as he has the experience and probably has done things the right way all these years. His name hasn't been brought up at all.

Again, players were bullied that crossed the line. That doesn't make it racists.

Someone posted or I read that BF made some reference to a black player being dressed to do a robbery. Did I imagine that statement??? There is just so much shit going on all over my brain is either like mush or about to explode. If BF said something close to that then they need to investigate and get the reason for that statement and either part ways or if it was said in some insensitive but non racist way then maybe BF gets a year of sensitivity training and more but he stays. I cant see BF being shown the door unless it is really racist.

Someone posted or I read that BF made some reference to a black player being dressed to do a robbery. Did I imagine that statement??? There is just so much shit going on all over my brain is either like mush or about to explode. If BF said something close to that then they need to investigate and get the reason for that statement and either part ways or if it was said in some insensitive but non racist way then maybe BF gets a year of sensitivity training and more but he stays. I cant see BF being shown the door unless it is really racist.

he allegedly asked Akrum Wadley on multiple occasions if he was "going to rob a liquor store" when wearing a face mask in the winter.

But, does "bullying" = "racists"? That is the question in my book. Look at all the young black men they have worked with and developed over the years. It isn't like they had a team 85% white like a Bill Carmody NW basketball team. Also, if racist, why would they have Raimond Braithwaite on staff for 16 yrs and as the assistant to Doyle. Doesn't make sense. He's also the one who will be moved up to head S&C coach and rightfully so as he has the experience and probably has done things the right way all these years. His name hasn't been brought up at all.

Again, players were bullied that crossed the line. That doesn't make it racists.
Ah so there is the agenda!!!
I suppose the university can not promote anyone within the department and will have to clean house. Because if what did happen is such a big deal and so malicious, systematic and blatant, then everyone would have seen it in the department and did nothing about it. We can't promote someone who would stand by and allow such an injustice if said claims are true, now can we?

Bullying doesn’t equal racism, but if he made comments that could be construed as racist like asking Wadley if he was going to go rob a bank, it’s still bad. The court of public opinion isn’t going to stand for it.

And if there are other players who’ll corroborate (sounds like there is even a white player who will) the accusation that he purposely influenced Wadley’s draft status that’s fireable in my opinion. If it happened. I wasn’t there and don’t know.

Why announce it then? The optics alone look horrible. He's leaving. Doyle is getting canned, there is almost no way he's not
This. Even if it doesn’t happen today (which it probably won’t), Doyle is splitsville. As soon as KF told Doyle he was on leave CD saw the writing on the wall and told his kid he should probably bolt as well. Stick around long enough to be able to “resign,” get the severance package, and call the real estate agent. Make a couple calls to coaches still friendly to him on the east coast about his kid playing ball, and there you go. I’d bet my house that’s how it happened.

How awesome would it be if all the shit that’s been going on was just a huge elaborate social experiment to bring our awareness to the forefront on racial issues in the US and how we can all do better as humans? Like if the coaches, players, and staff were all in on it and this press conference was KF saying “Gotcha, we did this to show you how fucked up things can get when we let racism and ignorance infiltrate our lives.”

I mean, I know that’s not what’s going on here at all but I thought of that as I was falling asleep last night and it made me sad.

I can't see KF holding this presser with 3 players and dismissing anyone. Doesn't seem like something he would do. I think it will be informative on how we fix the wrongs that been leveled by players and we move forward. If anyone is seeing the door it will be KF alone pulling that one off.

Bullying doesn’t equal racism, but if he made comments that could be construed as racist like asking Wadley if he was going to go rob a bank, it’s still bad. The court of public opinion isn’t going to stand for it.

And if there are other players who’ll corroborate (sounds like there is even a white player who will) the accusation that he purposely influenced Wadley’s draft status that’s fireable in my opinion. If it happened. I wasn’t there and don’t know.

I don't see that as racist at all. Straight up if Eminem or Kid Rock were nobody white boys it would cross my mind about them knocking off a liquor store or whatever too.
Not even because of the long hair or whatever either, but because of the way they act and carry themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts