Keith Murphy just said

travismullen

He's (the station/he on behalf of the station) not going to apologize to Barta/UI/whoever, but if Chris Hassell wants to apologize, he can.
Don't do it, Chris. You didn't dig the hole, you just commented on it.

Last edited:
Deace said it best this morning, "Why should WHO feel as if they need to apologize for Todd Lickliter's decisions?" - AGREE!!!!

Until Barta apologizes to Iowa fans for charging $25/ticket for the crap he is putting on the court, he gets no apology.

I'm behind WHO-TV, Jon and Deace on this situation!

Last edited:
I agree ! Thumbs up to Murph and I hope Chris holds his ground as well. Instead of going around asking WHO TV to apologive Mr. Barta should be spending his time making out a short list for the next coach and start interviewing as soon as the season is over.

I'd never seen the thing until this afternoon and I found it tacked onto the end of the Morehouse item. I was all set to be ticked off about it, because based on the reactions I'd read I assumed it was full of cheap shots at the kid. I kept waiting for something really nasty and...NOTHING.

I cannot believe that piece drew a request for an apology. I understand and respect the concept of defending your own, but do it when they need to be defended. I don't think anyone is owed an apology.

Last edited:
He's (the station/he on behalf of the station) not going to apologize to Barta/UI/whoever, but if Chris Hassell wants to apologize, he can.
Don't do it, Chris. You didn't dig the hole, you just commented on it.
I luv seein murphs reactions to the things hassell n fales do. He's hearin that stuff for the first time and u see his true reaction. Fales n hassell get off on trying to crack up murph. I hope that doesn't change. If the boss needs to see it first.. Fine but I luv seeing and hearing murphs true reactions.

Barta is doing what he has to do. Public opinion is getting worse for him and Lick by the minute and he needed to play the sympathy card to try and change direction and get the focus off the basketball team and onto people feeling sorry for Lil & Big Lick. At this point, he knows wins on the court won't be coming this year and the heat is getting a little too hot in his kitchen.

By him making an issue out of this, he just gave this story legs throughout all of eastern Iowa. Most of those folks have no idea what "soundoff" is all about and won't understand that it's nothing more than an opinion,satirical show that polks fun of everyone.

I don't think it will work, but I imagine it will give him a little relief for a few days.

Not funny to insult and dog a student athlete. His dad is fair game, he's not. Its one thing to question the minutes he played, point out he's not a division one talent, or mock the Dad's decision to play him. It is a whole different thing to make a mockery out of a kid who goes to practice everyday, works his arse off for the program whether he sucks or not. They shouldn't be expected to apologize, they should just do it because they were wrong to do it. They should want to apologize for dogging a kid whose not getting paid to play this game. His dad gets a salary- fair game, he doesn't. They were wrong, they should apologize. Hassell especially but Murph and Andy as well. I heard Andy say the other day that his justification was that people have different types of senses of humor. I didn't realize tasteless was a legitimate type of sense of humor but i guess so. I agree though that Barta has no business being in this fight, not his place.

it wasnt funny. It was bad.
Not bad in a good way, or in a low blow to Jr. Just bad on an entertainment level.

What happened to you being gone, and when are you going to spill the beans on whatever upcoming good news it was you thought was being discussed in the "boom" thread?

:)

Touche, FB, Touche.

I'm riding up to the UP right now... we are on the west side of Lake Gogebic right now... almost to the cabin. Luckily still have service.

I thought the piece was funny.

Barta should spend his time working on more important things....like finding the University of Iowa a better basketball coach. Especially one who won't allow his son to play 20 minutes per night when it's clear he belongs in the band...not the basketball court.

Latest posts