Keith Murphy just said

Barta should apologize to every basketball fan as should Lickliter for making the University of Iowa a darn embarrassment on the basketball court the last three seasons. Barta should spend some time worrying about the 10,000 EMPTY seats at Carver when the men take the floor. Maybe worry about the 13-35 big 10 record? Maybe the continued players leaving the program annually? It blows my mind the he is ******* and moaning about something so meaningless when he has plenty to deal with that he can actually control!

What rock do you live under? When a kid transfers from the program, almost every single poster takes a pot shot at him as he's leaving, when Bawinkel is playing and shooting poorly there are few people on here to defend him, last year when Palmer had has moments there were people scratching their heads and openly wondering why he was in the game, after last game there was a thread titled Gatens shouldn't play another minute, when the talk of Kelly maybe coming back to the program surfaced their were people openly questioning his mental fortitude. Its part of life now. It happens at almost every level whether the kid is on scholarship or not.

Barta is doing what he has to do. Public opinion is getting worse for him and Lick by the minute and he needed to play the sympathy card to try and change direction and get the focus off the basketball team and onto people feeling sorry for Lil & Big Lick. At this point, he knows wins on the court won't be coming this year and the heat is getting a little too hot in his kitchen.

By him making an issue out of this, he just gave this story legs throughout all of eastern Iowa. Most of those folks have no idea what "soundoff" is all about and won't understand that it's nothing more than an opinion,satirical show that polks fun of everyone.

I don't think it will work, but I imagine it will give him a little relief for a few days.

This

I simply don't believe they should doing spoofs of amateur/college athletes whether they're supposed to be flattering or not, regardless of how well done they are(n't). If that's the best source you have for your 'comedy' material then you don't really have a source. If you want to 'report' on the kids (good or bad), go ahead. If you want to offer commentary on the kids in a respectful, non-attacking manner go right ahead. However, leave family out of it and don't get personal. In other words, be respectful.

As far as them apologizing or not. I don't believe they need to.

If I was the UI this is not a fight you want to be having. Besides, we/they brought it upon ourselves. If you don't want bits like this to be done on you program then put a better product on the court. If you give somebody fodder for their canon don't be upset when they use the fodder in a canon that's aimed at you.

The video was not funny. Soundoff is horribly lame. Don't waste your time watching the program.

I am offended that someone is trying to imply that the bit was supposed to be funny.

Me too.

I am really curious as to why WHO apologized for the 10 kicks to the Clown stones that hassel did?

Anyone know why that one went down? Was it just the language 'stones' or 'nads' or whatever it was?

AND, the one thing you have to give John and the rest of the team is that they play HARD for the entire game, even though they aren't winning. That says something about somebody, I would think. Would be very easy to throw in the towel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would someone who watches this piece of crap show please list the sponsers? I think it would be good to know who sponsers this junk so fans can react accordingly.

Would someone who watches this piece of crap show please list the sponsers? I think it would be good to know who sponsers this junk so fans can react accordingly.

I think KARS Inc. in Pleasant Hills is one of the main sponsors.

It was the rare combination of bad in that it was both uncalled for and about as funny as watching Jim Belushi brush his teeth.

I thought it went over the line. Coaches are fair games but players shouldn't be subject to this kind of crap. I'm not a Lick supporter and love Sound Off. Just thought it was done in poor taste and was inappropriate.

I'm disappointed it comes to having Little Lick play but he is busting his butt for Iowa and people need to back off.

Me too.

I am really curious as to why WHO apologized for the 10 kicks to the Clown stones that hassel did?

Anyone know why that one went down? Was it just the language 'stones' or 'nads' or whatever it was?
Something about wrong place with wrong people around excuse: not during an entertainment show and girls within earshot.

Barta shouldn't have brought it up. He knew WHO wasn't going to apologize. But I don't think Barta is the idiot that a lot of posters and the Other Miller think that he is.

Speaking of which, those guys should really get their facts straight. Barta never brought up the subject of punishing WHO like the Other Miller said. Barta responded to a question posed to him about removing credentials from WHO. Miller just needs to back away from the viagara bottle whenever Barta's name is mentioned instead of diving for it.

Anyone want to bet that Invisible Fence was parked in front of WHO today?

The response by Dave Whatshisname at WHO was pretty good, but I'm tingling with anticipation for such satire to be used on a high school student-athlete at Lincoln. The illustration equating Hassel vs. Li'l Lick is just ridiculous (Brokaw making fun of Obama).

Props to Murph and Andy, though, for at least talking about it and not hiding behind something else. KXnO had a problem fairly recently and refused to talk about it or allow discussion about it.

Is Hassel doing a "Where's Waldo" impersonation now?

Hassel and Shawn Terrell (both from WHO-tv) filled in for Keith and Andy on Tuesday and Chris had already said even then, that he found nothing wrong with it and wasn't sorry for doing it...Terrell didn't like it and didn't hide his feelings about it at all...and Chris was fine with that too.

Barta should have just ignored it and the entire episode would have just gone away. By bringing it up again, all he did was just ensure that everyone gets to see it now multiple times and probably all over the country. The film wasn't in the best of taste but it wasn't so bad either...it certainly isn't as bad as the state of Iowa bb is...

And the one poster is right...Barta should be apologizing to Iowa fans for the product that Lickliter has been putting on the floor instead of saying that "...he is seeing improvement..." as Lickliter becomes the worst coach in Iowa History and fan apathy reaches an all time low.

Yes, Mr. Barta the Emperor isn't wearing any clothes...too bad Barta can't see that.

Hassel and Shawn Terrell (both from WHO-tv) filled in for Keith and Andy on Tuesday and Chris had already said even then, that he found nothing wrong with it and wasn't sorry for doing it...Terrell didn't like it and didn't hide his feelings about it at all...and Chris was fine with that too.
Hey, thanks for the info!

Latest posts